Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Now that we have nothing to play for

Guest swaddon

JC may be a clown, but I doubt he would be stupid enough to deliberately field a weakened team against Rangers. He's not universally popluar with fans as it is, and doing that would turn us all against him.

JC may be a clown, but I doubt he would be stupid enough to deliberately field a weakened team against Rangers. He's not universally popluar with fans as it is, and doing that would turn us all against him.

However, if he uses the 'Im giving the Youth players a chance, because Nicholson/Miller/Aluko etc won't be here next season' excuse, he might just get away with it.

Anyone in the employment of AFC should NEVER be allowed to view any game against the ofrces of darkness as a nothing game ::)

Eevery opportunity to fuck them should be grasped with both hands

Completely agree. At the end of the day, we could still get three points and go further up the league, albeit by a place if we're lucky. But still, they are our bitter (spits) rivals, never do we want to lose to them, especially at home!

Understand where slim is coming from though, given previous from Mr Calderwood, no doubt ahead of the game he'll be giving it Barry this and Barry that, what a great finisher " Big Kris" is, what an example to every boy starting out in football "Grandpa Weir" is etc etc >:(

Now that we have nothing to play for = all over red rover for the season.

However, winner mentality means with one game to play, you win the fucker. Particularly as something will be decided by our last match. This is what Aberdeen stands for. The integrity of competition. Even if the manager isn't up for it, the players surely will be. This season, how often did we get "where the fuck did that come from" performances? Whilst this might suggest disharmony in the management/player relationships, we have enough in our locker, at the end of the day, to make difference. Its a game of two halfs. As I said. Eh.

I don't think there is ANY doubt as to what we SHOULD do, and we as fans would LIKE to see - I think Slims point was more about the attitude of the Management and Staff at AFC. And lets face it, they haven't exactly filled us with confidence in their drive, passion and commitment this season, have they?

I don't think there is ANY doubt as to what we SHOULD do, and we as fans would LIKE to see - I think Slims point was more about the attitude of the Management and Staff at AFC. And lets face it, they haven't exactly filled us with confidence in their drive, passion and commitment this season, have they?

Sadly lacking again yesterday too until we went a goal down

I will be raging if we field a weakened team against Rangers especially now as the league will go to the last game

Sadly lacking again yesterday too until we went a goal down

I will be raging if we field a weakened team against Rangers especially now as the league will go to the last game

I will be even more raging if McCurry gets to referee it!  ;);D ;D

Guest swaddon

I will be even more raging if McCurry gets to referee it!  ;);D ;D

Given the previous history between AFC and Mr. McCurry, and the nature of the fixture, the SFA would be mad to appoint him as the referee for our next game.

Can you imagine if Rangers still needed a win to win the SPL, he was in charge of the game and he chalked off a legitimate goal we had scored? He wouldn't get to leave Pittodrie in one piece, that's for sure.

Also, as for having nothing to play for, we can still finish higher up in the league table, so that's something to play for. I doubt Jimmy or some of the players would settle for sixth place.

We should never field a weakened side, we have to go out to try and win the game as a 4th place finish and fucking them over would be better than a 6th place finish and watching them celebrate at Pittodrie. Jimmy would and should get lynched by our support if he doesnt send out his strongest team.

We should never field a weakened side, we have to go out to try and win the game as a 4th place finish and fucking them over would be better than a 6th place finish and watching them celebrate at Pittodrie. Jimmy would and should get lynched by our support if he doesnt send out his strongest team.

Completely agree, if he did this, he would actually be lynched and I'd would genuinely be surprised if he was THAT stupid. He should get sacked on the spot if he makes decision like that, it would be unforgivable.  :wave:  But even if he did, I would be certain the players would give it a proper go.

Given the previous history between AFC and Mr. McCurry, and the nature of the fixture, the SFA would be mad to appoint him as the referee for our next game.

Can you imagine if Rangers still needed a win to win the SPL, he was in charge of the game and he chalked off a legitimate goal we had scored? He wouldn't get to leave Pittodrie in one piece, that's for sure.

Also, as for having nothing to play for, we can still finish higher up in the league table, so that's something to play for. I doubt Jimmy or some of the players would settle for sixth place.

They had yesterday I got the impression they were dreaming of their holidays................

From what I saw on Saturday I would say we clearly had settled for 6th.

Guest bloo_toon_red

With the possibility still there of finishing 4th, and £100,000 per league placing at stake, I wouldn't say that that is nothing to play for.  With JC continuously bleating about having little money to bring in new players, surely even he can realise that the potential of an extra £200k could be massive for the club.

Home game against our supposed arch-enemies and the chance to end the rollercoaster season on a high point.  He will field a weakened team at his peril.