Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Touzani - Does He Have A Future Here?

He kind of reminds me a bit of Deloumeaux. Quiet, humble, never rants on about what he can do and what he's gonna do. He just gets on with doing his job in a cool, calm and collected fashion. And, just like Deloumeaux, Touzani is a very gifted footballer!

We've hardly got a capable back 4, let alone the skill and experience to regularly play just three in defence. (successfully!)

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM... why don't you go back to kkk?

No. You're right. I agree.

There are more than two sides to schizophrenia, neither of which are treatable with drugs.

He kind of reminds me a bit of Deloumeaux. Quiet, humble, never rants on about what he can do and what he's gonna do. He just gets on with doing his job in a cool, calm and collected fashion. And, just like Deloumeaux, Touzani is a very gifted footballer!

Wooah! This isnae Jim Bett or Eoin Jess you are talking about here.

Guest ally s

We've hardly got a capable back 4, let alone the skill and experience to regularly play just three in defence. (successfully!)

Apart from Maybury we don't have any decent full backs and I can't see that changing any time soon.

Saturday proved we can play 3 at the back comfortably.

The skill level of the players is also irrelevant.  You don't need any more skill to play 3 at the back than you would a back 4.

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM... why don't you go back to kkk?

No. You're right. I agree.

There are more than two sides to schizophrenia, neither of which are treatable with drugs.

:hammer:

Who would you suppose would be an efficient goal tight three out of who we have at present? We've been fairly leaky all season with four!

Guest ally s

Diamond, Touzani, and 1 other which I'm assuming JC will bring in for next season.

It's possible for a back 3 to be tighter than a back 4.  It's all to do with how you play that formation.

Guest ally s

Wise up, there's not a defence in the SPL that puts the "fear of God into an attack minded team".

The only one that'd come close would be Rangers imo.

Besides if we were to actually come out and attack teams and changed our approach to games (especially away from home) then we wouldn't have to rely on the defence as much.

Wise up, there's not a defence in the SPL that puts the "fear of God into an attack minded team".

The only one that'd come close would be Rangers imo.

Besides if we were to actually come out and attack teams and changed our approach to games (especially away from home) then we wouldn't have to rely on the defence as much.

Wise up?  ;D

It takes a very good three man defence to be water tight. Diamond Touzani and 1 other wouldn't be good enough to run that even with the equivalent of Simpson , Cooper, Strachan etc in front of them.

It takes a very good three man defence to be water tight. Diamond Touzani and 1 other wouldn't be good enough to run that even with the equivalent of Simpson , Cooper, Strachan etc in front of them.

3 man defence would essentially be 5 with wingbacks

Guest ally s

Wise up?  ;D

We'll have to agree to disagree. 

As I said earlier we played a back 3 last Saturday and it worked very well, there's no reason why it couldn't work or that we shouldn't at least try it for a while.  Imo the communication and understanding with your team mates is a lot better when playing in a back 3.  You're a lot tighter and more compact.

As I said earlier we played a back 3 last Saturday and it worked very well, there's no reason why it couldn't work or that we shouldn't at least try it for a while.  Imo the communication and understanding with your team mates is a lot better when playing in a back 3.  You're a lot tighter and more compact.

How many teams in the SPL still play wi 2 attackers?

Dunno, quite a few I'd suspect why?

Just wondered because the trend at the mo is for teams to play with 1 upfront.  3 at the back really only works against teams that play 2 strikers, hence why most international teams (where it was more common) that played 3-5-2 have changed to 4-5-1 in recent years.

I remember one of Touzani's first Aberdeen games away to Motherwell, might have been the 2-0 (Mackie double) one. He was superb that day and I thought we'd found a gem. Not really happened for him since but I'm hoping for a repeat performance from him this sat.

I'm fairly sure we played 3-5-2 that day aswell.

Sorry really have to disagree with here Zander Touzani are not capable of playing as a 3 at the back reguarly. They both are too slow to play as a 3,

Touzani looked ok on sat because he playing against lumbering centre forward in De Vries we will see how good he is against pacey players on sat.