Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Touzani - Does He Have A Future Here?

I have been somewhat of an admirer of Touzani. He had a difficult start in his first game against Hibs last season but he has been one of our better performers whenever he has played this year. Should he be given the holding midfield roll and allow Gary McDonald to get forward. This in turn means we can sell that prick Severin.

I know we wont but I think Touzani is deserving of a start next year.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Should he be given the holding midfield roll

Is whatever that was in this roll the thing that made Neil Lennon a wee fatty?

Hope so!

Seems a pretty good player.

And whenever he's warming up (as let's face it he's never on the park) he always seems to have time for the fans.

Also, I've met him in the Kebab Shop on George St. about 1000 times! He's just a great guy.

Guest swaddon

People were raving about his performances against Atletico Madrid and Dundee United last week. I'm sure if he stays injury-free, then he can be a useful player for us.

Only seen him play once, against Gretna at Christmas. He was the worst player on the park by far, incredibly slow and didn't once find a team mate with a pass. The groans went up whenever he got the ball and he was yanked at half time. He was reportedly carrying an injury, not sure if correct. However, maybe now, fully fit, he is actually a decent player and worth the risk of another year. Certainly take him over a complete unknown but who knows what JC is thinking.

Aye but kebabs in his culture is meat and drink to him.

Feared the worst when I opened this thread, as so many others on other forums have written him off, without ever having seen him play more than half a dozen times. He was immensely strong in the 1-1 v. Celtic, and totally dominated the younger Sno. Slow Sno.

His Madrid performance, on the telly anyway, was fantastic. He's been fit and available for more games than he's been picked however, and should have been included more just to give some of JC's favourites a kick up the arse and a week on the bench. Thats what good managers do.

If JC had the bottle to drop Severin when he deserves it through lack of effort then Touzani would have played a hell of a lot more.  Agree with Funster though - a disaster in denfense although was ok on Saturday there.

Touzani should definitely have a future at Todders.  I know that when he joined the club, he really struggled with the Scottish style of game and had to do a warm up for the warm up before training started.  No shit.  When Mackie, Clark and Seve were playing golf, he was in the gym trying to get himself in shape.  He's been very unlucky with Injuries and the flu.  The other thing he's been unlucky with is that he's never had a proper run in the team because his manager picks his favourites all the time.  I think he could be a great player for Aberdeen IF he's given a run in the team and allowed to settle into a roll.  Not just played at Centre half cause there's nobody else available to cover for Zander.  Although he's slightly built, the games I've seen him in, he gets stuck in and although not fast, is actually a good tackler and has a football brain.  Yes, a bit like someone said earlier - Neil Lemon (Just without the beer gut!)  He needs to played in front of the defence and given a chance. :thumbsup:

Not just played at Centre half cause there's nobody else available to cover for Zander.  Although he's slightly built, the games I've seen him in, he gets stuck in and although not fast, is actually a good tackler and has a football brain.  Yes, a bit like someone said earlier - Neil Lemon (Just without the beer gut!)  He needs to played in front of the defence and given a chance. :thumbsup:

His thighs could choke a whale. He's one strong bastard. Not slight at all.

Guest ally s

He certainly has a future here, if JC doesn't bring in a centre half in the summer then I'd stick Touzani there next season.

Still think he is to slow for Scottish game. Looked good in games where he has been up against slow players (DeVries and Sno) and in Europe against and Athletico side who were playing at half pace. Whenever he has come up against anyone with a bit of pace he has struggled. Might do ok as a holding midfielder as long as he has someone to do all the leg work for him.

Still think he is to slow for Scottish game. Looked good in games where he has been up against slow players (DeVries and Sno) and in Europe against and Athletico side who were playing at half pace. Whenever he has come up against anyone with a bit of pace he has struggled. Might do ok as a holding midfielder as long as he has someone to do all the leg work for him.

We just need a balanced midfield. Touzani isn't ever going to be a midfield general for us, but if he can read the game well and spray decisive passes around then he could work in a central role, depending on who's doing the crunching around him.

Neil Lennon did an excellent job for Celtic, domestically and in Europe and my wife could beat him at a 50 yard dash so, there's no reason Touzani couldn't do a great job in the same roll for us (plus he's quicker and a picture o health compared to Lennon)!!

Guest ally s

I can't see Touzani playing in midfield tbh, we've signed McDonald and also have Severin (captain) for that position.

I'd like to see JC go for 3-4-3 next season with a back three of Touzani, Diamond, and ?

His lack of pace would be exposed a lot more if played in midfield.

I can't see Touzani playing in midfield tbh, we've signed McDonald and also have Severin (captain) for that position.

I'd like to see JC go for 3-4-3 next season with a back three of Touzani, Diamond, and ?

His lack of pace would be exposed a lot more if played in midfield.

We're struggling to get a 4-4-2, let alone a 3-4-3 !!!