Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Dons looking at 2 Dundee players

I've heard from a good source that we are looking at 2 Dundee defenders; Paul Dixon their young left back who is available under freedom of contract and Jan Zemlik, who I think is a Polish centre half who has been getting rave reviews also. The interest in Dixon is at an advanced stage and I would expect him to be playing here next season. Anybody seen more of these lads in action?

Guest bloo_toon_red

I've heard from a good source that we are looking at 2 Dundee defenders; Paul Dixon their young left back who is available under freedom of contract and Jan Zemlik, who I think is a Polish centre half who has been getting rave reviews also. The interest in Dixon is at an advanced stage and I would expect him to be playing here next season. Anybody seen more of these lads in action?

Dixon is supposedly a very good player, but as he is under 23 Dundee would be entitled to compensation.

Don't know much about Zemlik.

He's a 30 year old striker who is 6ft 7". We're obviously planning on playing flowing passing football next season.

Oh and his goal haul for this season is 2 according to Soccerbase.

He has only played 9 matches and has not been offered a new deal as he didn't do enough to earn one.

I'd think it would be Milan Páleník who we'd be more interested in if we were signing a Dundee defender. He has rejected a new deal there.

Must be Palenik:

DUNDEE last night parted company with Milan Palenik, Jani Sturm and Jan Zemlik.

And three more players are set to follow them - Gavin Swankie, Paul Dixon and Scott Robertson.

Centre-half Palenik rejected a new contract but strikers Sturm and Zemlik did not make enough impact to warrant deals.

It is the first wave of what is expected to be a major overhaul of Alex Rae's squad.

The manager said: "We made Milan an offer to stay but he wants to go elsewhere.

"As for the two others, they didn't do enough over the course of the season to win new contracts."

6 foot 3" central defender, 31 years old.

Again, according to Soccerbase, not sure how accurate they are but they list every match he's played in, he's played in 22 games, has scored 2 goals and has been sent off twice.

Must be someone else surely?

May be true, I was just going off wiki for his appearences.

He's definitely been released though with Rae saying he didn't do enough to earn a new deal.

Guest Caroline B

In today's paper Dundee Utd are also after Paul Dixon as well as Scott Robertson.

No fears then.......We'll do our usual and end up signing Dixon when he flops at United  ;D

Take yer pick  :thumbsup:

So tell me again why we are bringing in Dundee players who are not good enough to play for them?

So tell me again why we are bringing in Dundee United players who are not good enough to play for them?

So tell me again why we are bringing in Dunfermline players who are not good enough to play for them?

So tell me again why we are bringing in Dutch amateur players who are not good enough?

So tell me again why we are bringing in former players who were not good enough?

So tell me again why we are bringing in loan players and not playing them?

Right Stonefish, spill yer guts on the source!  I too expect Paul Dixon to be at Todders next season 'cause three season ago, you also new from yer source that Barry Nic was a done deal so, c'mon yi can tell us?