Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dressing room unrest

Well according to KKK-Chat JC was asked about Macnamara on redweb

"Despite the rumours Jackie has not left the club. He has gone down to speak to his family this weekend and he will be back at Pittodrie on Monday when I will be speaking with him."

Still sounds suspicious to me.....

Guest fatshaft

Sounds very much like there may be something too this anyway, suddenly dropped, ran off home to talk to his family, meeting with JC on monday.... wouldnt be happening if everything was ok!

:wave: :wave:

Seems like it. Good news then.

i thought "ripping up a contract" was just a turn of phrase - although it probably will have had basis somewhere along the line.

Even if you did actually rip up a contract would it still be valid in Scotland?

Sneckie's probably the one to answer that?

Nae idea, I don't do law!

I would've thought it wouldn't invalidate it as there'd be more than one copy though...who knows.

I think that if you'd 'ripped up a contract' i.e. breached the terms and conditions of the contract then you'd still be legally bound to the penalties or termination clauses that would be written into the contract.

Ripping up a contract doesn't terminate it I would say, it only terminates one copy of it. You'd have to actuall break the T&C's for there to be any penalties.

I'm no lawyer though.  ???

Hope it's true.  I won't be sad to say cheerio to McNamara.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn out for one of the Edinburgh Outfits next season (an no-doubt play well and score against us!! ::))

Will probably end up as part of Hibs or Pars coaching staff. If he wants to end on a high may try and help the pars get into the spl in player/coach role.

Your 'contract' or statement of terms and conditions as they are officially called is merely a written version of the 'contract' of employment you have with your employer. The real 'contract' is held by the fact that you receive payment for your 'work' on an ongoing basis. The details of your terms and conditions are what holds you or the company to certain aspects but as a general agreement its the taking wages for work that really constitutes the 'contract' not a piece of paper. Thus, tearing up a piece of paper has no effect whatsoever other than to send an emotional message to you employer that you are spitting the dummy.

I'm not at all surprised if this is true after hearing the Foster story.  Calderwood did what he had to do (ie fine him) or else lose the dressing room completely.

I did find the McNamara press story strange also, given he must surely drop to the bench after two utterly abysmal performances (Falkirk, QoS).

There is most definitely a rot in there and hopefully the freshening up of the squad in the summer will stop it.

Seems fair enough. Act the cunt, get treated like one and now he's away. Good.

There are still some big arses needed booted in there though, some folk in that squad actually think they can turn up and walk away without getting a sweat on.

They need to rediscover the fear of failure, they really think they are going to walk into a cushy contract with a "big team" when the reality, for almost every one of these useless cunts is far far far gloomier and anonymous.

Hell ride it into the fuckers.