Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dressing room unrest

This has come as second hand information to myself but from a very reliable source from Pittodrie (member of playing staff).

The rumour floating around about Jackie McNamara quitting is apparently true. JC tried to force him to train with the under 19's And Jackie Mac took a big exception to this. Basically told Calderwood to fuck off & to not treat him like that. Things took a nasty turn & Jackie claimed the club was a shambles, the worst he had been at & ripped his contract up in front of Calderwood. JC has since came out praising McNamara & saying how his experience is vital which the players believe is to save face incase the story comes out (i.e how could he have disrespected McNamara when he says nothing but good things about him).

Derek Soutar also had an angry exchange with Calderwood which led to him being told by Calderwood in front of the rest of the team that he has no chance of getting a new contract offer. I haven't been told what this was about though.

Calderwood also had an angry exchange with pretty much the whole first team squad, a lot of shouting etc and was told by the team he can't coach, his tactis are shit & his training is pathetic. We all know he takes exception to players speaking their mind about him so who knows what JC will decide to do. I have no idea if this has contributed to him fucking off to Holland or if he is genuinely scouting 'targets' and i'd also like to point out i'm not one for spreading rumours and the player would have no reason to lie to my source.

EDIT was also told that the players have lost confidence in JC but know after the season we've had (i.e european run & securing top 6) there is no way he could be sacked and that the only way he could be forced out is through supporter unrest, but personally I don't think that could persuade him to leave (he's only here until he gets the call from down south) or Miller & Milne to decide his times up.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Calderwood also had an angry exchange with pretty much the whole first team squad, a lot of shouting etc and was told by the team he can't coach, his tactis are shit & his training is pathetic.

I'm not at all surprised if this is true after hearing the Foster story.  Calderwood did what he had to do (ie fine him) or else lose the dressing room completely.

I did find the McNamara press story strange also, given he must surely drop to the bench after two utterly abysmal performances (Falkirk, QoS).

There is most definitely a rot in there and hopefully the freshening up of the squad in the summer will stop it.

This has come as second hand information to myself but from a very reliable source from Pittodrie (member of playing staff).

Does the member of playing staff has a contract beyond the end of this season?

Anyway, pinch of salt for me, just like all these stories.

A squad clear out is going to be the best thing to happen for a while.

Well I hope McNamara has a hefty savings account to buy himself out of his contract with us.

I'm still not convinced by it all. I suppose we'll get a good indication if he's in the team tomorrow.

The McNamara rumour started two days ago, saying he'd quit, but he's in the squad for tomorrow.

Where is the squad for tomorrow?

If you mean the one on the BBC page, they just put all the available players there. Doesn't give any indication as to whether he actually traveled or not.

I got it from BNP-Chat.  :-[  But I see you're right, its whats on the BBC site.

Well if this is not pinch of salt and all true then I respect Calderwood all the more.

Paraphrased

McNamaraJC: McNamara - you were pish, you are finished - the only hope I have is keeping you as a coach so go do something with the U19s.

JMc: fuck Off

JC: No sorry You F Off

Soutar

JC - What were you playing at with the 1st goal against QOTS - was that a punch or a catch? What was it? Am thinking of dropping you due to that and Falkirk spill

DS - Thats not fair you are a muppet

JC - Oh well tough your not getting a new contract if you cant handle the criticism

Squad

re - cant coach, tactics etc

Well what do they think they fuckin deserve after QOTS performance - plaudits, I fecking hope there was an angry exchange - they deserved a bleaching... as far as I can see JC put faith in an experienced player who did not come up with the goods and against him could have been subbed sooner - other than that it was the players who let us down last Saturday

Combined with folk not getting contracts then that equals dressing room unrest.

Not unexpected - credit to Maybury for being the only person I have seen to state I think in Herald that there own performance was woeful. For me a future captain should we sign him..

Rant Over

I'm not sure i believe most of that. I mean, why would McNamara be carrying his contract around to rip it up for a start? I'm sure there's probably some truth in the whole story, but i think it's been fairly heavily embellished.

I'm sorry I didn't post a time scale along with the story ::) Try using a bit of savvy next time.

Well if this is not pinch of salt and all true then I respect Calderwood all the more.

Paraphrased

McNamaraJC: McNamara - you were pish, you are finished - the only hope I have is keeping you as a coach so go do something with the U19s.

Soutar

JC - What were you playing at with the 1st goal against QOTS - was that a punch or a catch? What was it? Am thinking of dropping you due to that and Falkirk spill

JC - Oh well tough your not getting a new contract if you cant handle the criticism

Squad

Well what do they think they fuckin deserve after QOTS performance - plaudits, I fecking hope there was an angry exchange - they deserved a bleaching... as far as I can see JC put faith in an experienced player who did not come up with the goods and against him could have been subbed sooner - other than that it was the players who let us down last Saturday

Not unexpected - credit to Maybury for being the only person I have seen to state I think in Herald that there own performance was woeful. For me a future captain should we sign him..

Rant Over

I'm not sure I agree. McNamara has performed incredibly poorly on every occaision I've had the misfortune of seeing the cunt play (for Aberdeen). Calderwood should have been able to see the positives of his experience are seriously outweighed by his serious misgivings as a footballer (nowadays anyway) and in terms of his attitude. I'm certain I'm not the only one who cringed when I saw McNamara on the team sheet. This is Calderwood's fault.

The first two scenarios seem perfectly [;ausible, and as for the comment about Maybury, I agree, but I'm  not sure about making a new player the captain. I feel Diamond deserves it, mainly because of his attitude and sheer determination. Also,though,  I feel he deserves it because of the loyalty he showed by signing his contract.

Paraphrased

Soutar

Squad

Rant Over

I applaud thee

Paraphrased

Soutar

Squad

Rant Over

Agreed. How tits like Foster can have a go at management after the shift they put in beggars belief. Calderwood's folly has been showing too much loyalty to some of these no marks.

Guest fatshaft

Dont know where to stand on this one.  JC would be right to take a hard line with unruly players challenging his authority but on the flip side his tactics are shite.    :-\  Its a toughie

Kind of agree. If it was true, then you almost have to side with him, having said that they could lay the blame for poor performances at his poor coaching, training and tactics, so their compalints would also be justified.

As it is, the contract ripping sort of makes the story smell a wee bit, no offence bobo