Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

St Mirren away - March 2

11 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

That’s the thing, it’s not a clear and obvious error. Haven’t seen it enough but in real time I thought devlin was fouled, then the replay they hit each other 50-50 and no foul. Stunned there was no monitor check.

In and out of the box isn't ever put down to clear and obvious though, just like offside. They always make an exact call (if they can) because it isn't subjective. That's why the ref wasn't required to go to the monitor, as it's either in or out. 

The only time clear and obvious comes into play is whether it was a foul or not. You think it might not have been, I think it was. Either way, it wasn't a clear and obvious error by the ref, and he gave the foul. There's no way they could have overturned that. Nor should they. 

11 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

over the full game though we were pretty shit again, horrible tactics, and only one team deserved to win.

Yes and no. I don't remember them having a shot on target in the second half, and the best chance, by some distance, fell to us. They didn't create much at all, and basically looked like we do when playing well and a stuffy team comes to pittodrie. They were actually fairly devoid of ideas. For a team lacking in confidence, we battled hard and were definitely going home with three points before Devlin intervened. I don't think they deserved to win, but we can have no complaints that they did! 

31 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

Given the wealth of candidates for scapegoat, Miovski seems a wierd choice.

So he's beyond criticism?? Did you not see him ten yards out try to flick it over the defender rather than shoot? 

That was game set and match.

Devlin was second to the ball and should've pulled out. Silly pen to give but a pen none the lesd, then panic set in.

Time will tell on bojan. I've made no secret that I thought Ramirez was a superior finisher and I stand by it.

Time will tell us how good bojan is and I'll be happy to listen to you all tell me if he can move up a level and score goals.

Should've had a match ball today and bair at Motherwell would have with the same chances.

20 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Again, in fairness, I think Roos realises he's stepped a mile off his line and just sorting of falls over. He really should be better at pens though, given the number we concede.

Penalties is the only fucking time he does come off his line so even if he actually saves one it's probably going to be retaken.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, redordead said:

Time will tell us how good bojan is and I'll be happy to listen to you all tell me if he can move up a level and score goals.

He's scored 40 goals since signing for Aberdeen 🤷‍♂️

Today is a new low.

Punts up the field when not needed. Miovski often isolated. We only had 32% possession against St Mirren, a team who I watched in midweek against Ross County and they were, and are, garbage.

Defensively, for the most part pretty sound, but gifted up way too many chances, especially after going to a back three.

Warnock doesn't sound like he knows what to do. A lot of that isn't his fault as he has had no transfer window, but he was brought in specifically for his experience. He's not bringing anything to the team at the moment. Going 4-2-3-1 paid some dividends even if the football wasn't great, but going three at the back almost seems naive from a guy who we were promised was "a safe pair of hands".

As for Dave Cormack telling us on Twitter he's working hard to fix it, by doing what Dave? Are you looking for a new manager? Or are you just offering words of encouragement to Neil Warnock?

And yet, the mental thing is, we win next week and we're going to Hampden for a semi-final. This is Ebbe Skovdahl and the 99/00 season levels of absurdity.

Edited by Panda
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Panda said:

Defensively, for the most part pretty sound, but gifted up way too many chances, especially after going to a back three.

Did we? I was actually ready to come on and apologise for my suggestion that we shouldn't go to a back three after the subs, because it had got through the game without too much bother. Roos flapped at one cross, but did they get any shots on target in the second half? I'm probably forgetting one or two, but for all that we gave up possession, we kept it fairly tight up until Devlingate in my opinion. 

Obviously, you're right that we shouldn't be conceding that much possession against St Mirren, but that has to come with the caveat that we've been shiter than them all season and terrible for weeks now. There are many teams in the SPFL this season who've scored the first goal, had horrendous possession stats and still comfortably won the game, that's pretty much a description of how to win in this league. 

I'm not sticking up for Warnock though. He needs to go. I don't really care about the cup game, staying in the league is priority, and if losing the quarter final expedites the exit of the charlatan then that'd be fine.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Did we? I was actually ready to come on and apologise for my suggestion that we shouldn't go to a back three after the subs, because it had got through the game without too much bother. Roos flapped at one cross, but did they get any shots on target in the second half? I'm probably forgetting one or two, but for all that we gave up possession, we kept it fairly tight up until Devlingate in my opinion.

They weren't getting shots off but were sending plenty of balls onto the box, and dominating possession (as above, we had 32% possession).

St Mirren had ran out of ideas though, because they're not actually that good.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I'm not sticking up for Warnock though. He needs to go. I don't really care about the cup game, staying in the league is priority, and if losing the quarter final expedites the exit of the charlatan then that'd be fine.

Oh we will beat Kilmarnock, that is an absolute stick on.

Might be the lowest crowd we ever take to a semi-final though. 

• Like 1