Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

St Mirren away - March 2

I should turn it on late more often. Looks like a good conventional 4-2-3-1, which is nice to see. Jensen at left back is probably better than Jensen at centre half. Not sure about Philips in terms of ability, but simple instructions to stay high and press and he'll be fine. A good start.

Cracking goal, 30 yard top corner smash. Since then haven’t seen a pass, smash it long at every opportunity. Not unlike st Johnstone game, they are better cos we don’t pass. Not sure why, we have the ability.

• Like 1

St mirren by far the better team but we’re hanging on for the most part. Shocking that this is what we have become. We are not a long ball team, don’t have a Curtis main or Sam cosgrove type up top to battle, and every long ball for the most part is lost and st mirren attack again. We won’t win continuing to play like this, it’s wave upon wave and only a matter of time. Few dodgy calls too that I’m waiting for var to give them a penalty, wouldn’t be surprised to see st mirren get a penalty in the second half. Hate this var era where it’s heart in mouth waiting and staring at the ref while there’s a delay.

21 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Being totally dominated because we cannot keep the ball. We’re working hard but zero passing or skill. Frustrating cos we are better than this.

I think so, but it's been okay. The away team and massively lacking in confidence, they're just not keen to do anything at all risky. That's fine, get them in at half time and get them calmed down and work on it in the second half. Would like to see more from Hoilett. Not sure he's that great, but it's good to have that wide position not getting dragged in too often. McGrath should be an option there shortly, but that'll sacrifice width. Duk giving a lot of space to Tanser on the other side too, but we've defended really well in our box. Phillips doing okay, his workrate is very good, we're just unlikely to get anything good from him on the ball. 

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

Warnock very slow with subs, like all managers these days. I'd have Duk off, maybe Polvara on. Or McGrath.

I stand corrected. Good work Warnock. McGarry upfield, unless we're (hopefully not) switching to a back three.

1 minute ago, redordead said:

Should've been dead and buried but our striker only has one foot and refuses to get a shot away.

Fair play to saints, the boy threw his body in the way and won the penalty.

You're back to discuss Bojan are you?

Devlin sold the shirts. Tried to be clever and win a freekick when he easily had the winning of that ball. Just needed to boot it. They weren't scoring otherwise.

Got what we deserved, panic kick ball from the first minute. Wonder strike gave us the lead but over the game can’t deny st mirren didn’t deserve the win.

didnt think it was a foul never mind a penalty, red tv didn’t show it again so can’t really reflect, stunned they didn’t go to the monitor. 

A clear and obvious error shouldn’t really take 3 minutes of slow motion replays to determine.

If we’re picking dubious scapegoats, Roos is 6’5” and let in a penalty at least half a foot inside the post when going the right way.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Slim said:

A clear and obvious error shouldn’t really take 3 minutes of slow motion replays to determine.

If we’re picking dubious scapegoats, Roos is 6’5” and let in a penalty at least half a foot inside the post when going the right way.

That’s the thing, it’s not a clear and obvious error. Haven’t seen it enough but in real time I thought devlin was fouled, then the replay they hit each other 50-50 and no foul. Stunned there was no monitor check.

over the full game though we were pretty shit again, horrible tactics, and only one team deserved to win.

Edited by OrlandoDon

6 minutes ago, Slim said:

In fairness, they weren't questioning the foul, just where the contact took place. It shouldn't take three minutes, but I guess when it comes to objective calls like "in or out", you can perhaps understand them taking a bit more time to be certain. It was fairly clearly in, I'd say. The foul itself was never really in question either, Devlin throws his leg into the guy to try and buy a freekick and gets it all wrong, bringing him down. I expect Warnock to cut his balls off, it was fucking terrible play.

9 minutes ago, Slim said:

Again, in fairness, I think Roos realises he's stepped a mile off his line and just sorting of falls over. He really should be better at pens though, given the number we concede.