Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Honest and fair, and serious, after match interview with warnock. Acknowledges we’re a bunch of pussies and a hell of a summer ahead. Made the comment that it’s not really his kind of team, lacking physicality and battlers, which is worrying given that’s what we need right now. 

40 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Honest and fair, and serious, after match interview with warnock. Acknowledges we’re a bunch of pussies and a hell of a summer ahead. Made the comment that it’s not really his kind of team, lacking physicality and battlers, which is worrying given that’s what we need right now. 

Aye, heard his fucking atrocious interview. "Not really his kind of team"? That's Derek Adams shite that is. Didn't do his research, he should leave now before he fucks off the whole team and drags us (further) into a relegation battle. If he can't get a team to play actual football, rather than kick people then he's not suitable. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I feel that way except cormack is easy to blame. What’s gunn’s job? What is cormack’s?? Cormack hires guys to do jobs, I assume cormack isn’t directly hands on with the team, manager, players, and transfers, i‘m assuming that’s Gunn.

i assume it’s cormack’s job to create a structure, plan, and vision. Then hire people to implement. It’s not working so time to reassess, which I assume means assess manager, director of football, and the structure.  

I assume cormack wants the intern to give him time to assess without having a permanent manager in place wondering what the fuck is going on. I know I’m in the minority, but what I’m assuming cormack is doing right now makes sense. 

like we all are good at, lots of assumptions.

That's my point though. No-one appears to know what Gunn's job is. Director of Football is a fluid description, it could mean something different from one club to the next.

Gunn could be very good at his job. Or, he could be very bad and it and the big reason for our poor season.

But to say it's not Warnock's fault, it's Gunn's, is a stab in the dark. It's also ignoring that today there was a lack of any attempt to play football. Even if the squad is lacking players, it's not a good enough excuse for that performance.

3 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

That wasn't why we lost the game. It's Warnock shifting the blame and giving us something else to focus on.

I really struggle to think of one good attacking move we created today. There seemed no coherent game plan at all. At points in the second half we were just hammering shots off defenders any time the ball was near their box. It was just a mess.

We played like 11 lads who had signed up for a game of football, turned up, picked their positions and went out and played. Not a team that had a week's training and presumably had a meeting to discuss tactics and analyse the opposition.

Warnock needs to take some blame for that and Cormack/Burrows/Gunn need to - if they haven't already - be moving up the timeline to get their permanent manager in sooner rather than later.

Edited by Panda

After a few weeks, this sits with the manager.

He needs to bring the aggression into training. He needs to put physical presence on the pitch. We all know that shinnie, Barron and clarkson is lightweight AF.

Shinnie has a dirty streak but he's also past it and physically lacking in the tackle. I'd drop him tomorrow and make others take responsibility. 

I don't care if he plays ruby at CDM, we're far too soft. Many of these guys have come with good CV's which makes you think that the Cormack park culture is too easy.

We're second to everything and rarely dominate play. That comes from an uncompetitive atmosphere.

Just to clarify, I used to call it dels holiday camp. This isn't a new issue. Probably the last five years.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

Give it a rest man, you’ve made your dislike clear on warnock endlessly. 
we are shit now and were shit before warnock. It’s clear he didn’t know the players coming in and think expectations on him from above aren’t high. The season has been written off and it’s now rebuild the team, back room, and footballing side of things.

Massive failure on the recruitment side of things this year, and really over the last two at least. You can’t make massive changes in tactics and personnel right now, you can only piss with the cock you are given. the timing of Robson leaving was really poor too, the January window was a huge disaster. I dont blame cormack, I blame our director of football or whatever he’s called. The overseeing of footballing matters has been rotten.

were poor in the air at the back, cost us the first goal, missing ruby or even Macdonald. What the fuck is the story with Macdonald? I also don’t see gartenmann as a central defender. From what I see we do not have a team willing to fight for the cause, too soft and the fire/passion isn’t in this team. Warnock himself said it’s only really shinnie with that and that’s a massive failure on building a team/squad.

1.  I wasn't talking to you droppy.
2. Swing and a miss! I didn't actually say anything negative about Warnock, I merely offered my opinion that what we were seeing was fairly standard fare for teams managed by him to one of the other adults in the room.
3.  Why don't you give it a rest?  I'm sure I can't be the only poster on here that is long fed up of your empty drum makes the most noise happy clapper shite. 

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

1.  I wasn't talking to you droppy.
2. Swing and a miss! I didn't actually say anything negative about Warnock, I merely offered my opinion that what we were seeing was fairly standard fare for teams managed by him to one of the other adults in the room.
3.  Why don't you give it a rest?  I'm sure I can't be the only poster on here that is long fed up of your empty drum makes the most noise happy clapper shite. 

Happy clapper??

bring something to the table, you haven’t said much more than person insults at warnock and that he’s a fucking dinosaur. Repeatedly, which gets old. I’m willing to give the guy a chance, as I did Robson and Goodwin despite openly and repeatedly stating I didn’t want either, but gave reasons. I’ll always do that, you don’t need to agree with me but I’ll back up an argument with reasoning. Far from a happy clapper, I’ll bitch and moan more than most, but I’ll give any new guy support and benefit of the doubt initially, that’s only fair.

warnock will get old quick. Yesterday was worrying as was his post match interview. While I agreed with his after match comments, which thankfully wasn’t a jovial and light hearted chat, as has been mentioned, we’ve been pussies for a while. If that’s the case and he feels our team is lacking there, why not play Phillips? Not saying he’s a star player but he’ll put a shift in. He’ll get booked too which warnock asked for!! Didn’t bring him on either?? And to state this isn’t his type of team, I think he could have clarified that comment, as that can be taken as a total deflect comment which is a bitch move.

were in a situation which is all about heart and graft. If we don’t have it then it’s on warnock to create it. Very difficult, pretty much impossible, to make nice guys hard bastards. But warnock has been in these types of situations before, unlike leven for example, hopefully we benefit from his experience.

what is becoming clear is that he doesn’t know the players, didn’t do homework, and hasn’t been given information on what has been failing us to date. We don’t have the time to wait, for him to figure it out, and the failure to prepare is both on warnock and on the club. Which leads me to point the finger at Gunn again……but again, what is gunn’s job??

2 hours ago, redordead said:

Shinnie has a dirty streak but he's also past it and physically lacking in the tackle. I'd drop him tomorrow and make others take responsibility. 

He isn't past it though. No one is past it at 32. And he's had good performances this season.

But we're asking too much from him every week. He has a place in a properly thought out midfield.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Which leads me to point the finger at Gunn again……but again, what is gunn’s job??

A direct conduit to and from Cormack, aka a yes man. I think he's there to form a barrier, and not to have ideas of his own. Or, he has ideas and is heavily involved, but is simply pish at his job. 

It's fairly clear that the director of football was a really important role for the way we structured the club post McInnes. It's failed to assist three inexperienced managers and has overseen a total mess in recruitment.

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

A direct conduit to and from Cormack, aka a yes man. I think he's there to form a barrier, and not to have ideas of his own. Or, he has ideas and is heavily involved, but is simply pish at his job. 

It's fairly clear that the director of football was a really important role for the way we structured the club post McInnes. It's failed to assist three inexperienced managers and has overseen a total mess in recruitment.

I just dont buy he’s a yes man. Cormack is a successful businessman who lives primarily stateside, I have to assume there are those who are at the club daily who are empowered to make decisions. I think this delay, intern, is to review footballing matters. As you say, it may simply be that Gunn is just push at his job and cormack is taking a step back to assess more than just the manager.