Jump to content

Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Recommended Posts

Massive game for us, and we desperately need 3 points but I wouldn’t be disappointed with a draw. I’m not convinced we’re going to get anything here. Don’t appear to really be making much progress, and I would be amazed if we make top 6. Top four is out the question imo, and I am ready for the season to end. Just need someone competent at the end of it! 
 

anyway, I digress. They’ve got some good players that can hurt us and our form there isn’t amazing. Regardless, 3 points please 😬

out

bed

bed

heading into town

2-1 killie, miovski

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think if we were to win here we could go onto make the top four, but I’m not confident. We have a game in hand on Kilmarnock so despite being 10 points behind we could find ourselves within four. It’s really just if we can put together a run of results and get some confidence back, which I admit I’ve been thinking since December. 
As much as our squad has a few deficiencies I believe it should be good enough to get 4th. 
 

Out

1-1 Miovski

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DantheDon said:

I think if we were to win here we could go onto make the top four, but I’m not confident. We have a game in hand on Kilmarnock so despite being 10 points behind we could find ourselves within four. It’s really just if we can put together a run of results and get some confidence back, which I admit I’ve been thinking since December. 
As much as our squad has a few deficiencies I believe it should be good enough to get 4th. 
 

Out

1-1 Miovski

 

Unfortunately I've not been seeing anything that gives me any confidence that we are capable of either A. Taking anything from this match or B. Going on any sort of sustained winning run.

I hope that I'm proved wrong on both counts.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very little chatter on this one, says a lot about the season to date. Hoping a full week of training will have helped, I’ll go with my heart over my head and say 2-1 us. Miovski and clarkson. Would certainly like a back 4, and if fit like to see mcgarry given a run off the bench at left mid in front of Mackenzie. Takes the pressure off him to defend, plus I really dont want to see duk play anywhere other than up top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

if fit like to see mcgarry given a run off the bench at left mid in front of Mackenzie.

I agree. If we point him at just the right angle and tell him to keep running, he should end up at Prestwick airport.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

I agree. If we point him at just the right angle and tell him to keep running, he should end up at Prestwick airport.

I guess for me he hasn’t had an extended run and given our complete lack of width he offers something. Not sure if hoilett plays on the right but I believe width will make things a lot easier for us. Mcgarry looked poor defensively but mcgarry and McKenzie playing together may be worth a try?
Not a fan of polvara wide, but it is what it is. Another game full of central midfielders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

It's standard warnock football if you ask me.  

Give it a rest man, you’ve made your dislike clear on warnock endlessly. 
we are shit now and were shit before warnock. It’s clear he didn’t know the players coming in and think expectations on him from above aren’t high. The season has been written off and it’s now rebuild the team, back room, and footballing side of things.

Massive failure on the recruitment side of things this year, and really over the last two at least. You can’t make massive changes in tactics and personnel right now, you can only piss with the cock you are given. the timing of Robson leaving was really poor too, the January window was a huge disaster. I dont blame cormack, I blame our director of football or whatever he’s called. The overseeing of footballing matters has been rotten.

were poor in the air at the back, cost us the first goal, missing ruby or even Macdonald. What the fuck is the story with Macdonald? I also don’t see gartenmann as a central defender. From what I see we do not have a team willing to fight for the cause, too soft and the fire/passion isn’t in this team. Warnock himself said it’s only really shinnie with that and that’s a massive failure on building a team/squad.

Edited by OrlandoDon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OrlandoDon said:

The long throw can fuck right off too. Have we scored off one this season? We’re not good in the air yet that’s our main and really only tactic from throws. Fucking stupid and ineffective.

It's the sign of a guy who has come in and not done his fucking homework. Long punts for every free kick and tactics that have proven not to work all season. I think we (Cormack, specifically) has been sold a charlatan with Warnock like. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Give it a rest man, you’ve made your dislike clear on warnock endlessly. 
we are shit now and were shit before warnock. It’s clear he didn’t know the players coming in and think expectations on him from above aren’t high. The season has been written off and it’s now rebuild the team, back room, and footballing side of things.

Massive failure on the recruitment side of things this year, and really over the last two at least. You can’t make massive changes in tactics and personnel right now, you can only piss with the cock you are given. the timing of Robson leaving was really poor too, the January window was a huge disaster. I dont blame cormack, I blame our director of football or whatever he’s called. The overseeing of footballing matters has been rotten.

were poor in the air at the back, cost us the first goal, missing ruby or even Macdonald. What the fuck is the story with Macdonald? I also don’t see gartenmann as a central defender. From what I see we do not have a team willing to fight for the cause, too soft and the fire/passion isn’t in this team. Warnock himself said it’s only really shinnie with that and that’s a massive failure on building a team/squad.

Having watched several games in England when Warnock was the manager what you are getting is standard Warnock football. But don’t worry he will have a laugh and a joke about it with the media and it will be fine. 
 

Agree with you that Robson should have been emptied much earlier than he was and the lack of recruitment in January was a spectacularly stupid decision. However I don’t blame Gunn for this as he was promoted to that position by Cormack. Cormack is to blame for most of this including the appointment of the current buffoon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Give it a rest man, you’ve made your dislike clear on warnock endlessly. 

Rico is more than entitled to give his view on this shitshow. 

Appointing Warnock was a disastrous decision, which most of us predicted.

It could have been Neil Lennon were it not for his Rep of Ireland talks at the time. He may have been marginally  better but he's another dinosaur, and that these two men are the first choices Dave Cormack could come up with shows the backwards thinking at our club.

If this four-month nonsense ends with Stephen Robinson appointed, then just close the doors.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Panda said:

Rico is more than entitled to give his view on this shitshow. 

Appointing Warnock was a disastrous decision, which most of us predicted.

It could have been Neil Lennon were it not for his Rep of Ireland talks at the time. He may have been marginally  better but he's another dinosaur, and that these two men are the first choices Dave Cormack could come up with shows the backwards thinking at our club.

If this four-month nonsense ends with Stephen Robinson appointed, then just close the doors.

 

It’s not Rico I’m addressing. Saying that, Rico will debate and discuss, it’s the endless bitching and moaning with little more substance to posts that is irritating. People are entitled to their opinion, of course, but discuss rather than just repeat the same endless moan. 
I am one that finds warnock entertaining in press conferences, but there’s a time and a place. Warnock’s humor time has passed and I expect a serious and committed manager at these conferences now. We’re not far from second bottom and based on today we dont have a team with any real fighting spirit. We also dont create a lot in games, plus we have a really poor defensive record. The bottom 6 will be a scrap and I won’t lie, it’s a serious concern being only 5 out of that relegation playoff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

It's the sign of a guy who has come in and not done his fucking homework. Long punts for every free kick and tactics that have proven not to work all season. I think we (Cormack, specifically) has been sold a charlatan with Warnock like. 

But what were we sold on? He’s here until the end of the season. And he’s 75 and semi retired. Did you expect a fully committed 24/7 manager producing free flowing football, us to become Fort Knox at the back? What are you expecting from a 4 month appointment? I think we have to be realistic here. It’s the same players and to implement new ideas/tactics etc with this group takes time. Hard with multiple games and limited practice in a week. Saying that, we had a week to prepare for killie and we were fucking rank, that is very concerning. And you are correct, things like the long throws, long free kicks etc should have been binned immediately and, much like you have discussed before, who is giving the manager support right now and providing insight from a disastrous season to date??

It’s not cormack, he’s stateside much of the time, it is Gunn. He’s the man in charge of the footballing side that has failed with 3 managers so far. And is failing with warnock based on the start to his tenure and the same mistakes. It’s cormack’s fault if he doesn’t make serious footballing structural/personnel changes because it’s broken.

im assuming a caretaker manager takes the team while an internal investigation takes place and potential structural changes. Can’t really do that behind robson’s back hence the intern.  Just my take. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

It’s not cormack, he’s stateside much of the time, it is Gunn. He’s the man in charge of the footballing side that has failed with 3 managers so far. And is failing with warnock based on the start to his tenure and the same mistakes.

Is it Gunn though? He seems an easy person for others to hide behind.

What is his remit? If it's to go and sign the players he's told to sign, well we've signed a lot of players.

Cormack is the guy that wanted an interim rather than a permanent boss asap.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

But what were we sold on? He’s here until the end of the season. And he’s 75 and semi retired. Did you expect a fully committed 24/7 manager producing free flowing football, us to become Fort Knox at the back? What are you expecting from a 4 month appointment? I think we have to be realistic here. It’s the same players and to implement new ideas/tactics etc with this group takes time. Hard with multiple games and limited practice in a week. Saying that, we had a week to prepare for killie and we were fucking rank, that is very concerning. And you are correct, things like the long throws, long free kicks etc should have been binned immediately and, much like you have discussed before, who is giving the manager support right now and providing insight from a disastrous season to date??

It’s not cormack, he’s stateside much of the time, it is Gunn. He’s the man in charge of the footballing side that has failed with 3 managers so far. And is failing with warnock based on the start to his tenure and the same mistakes. It’s cormack’s fault if he doesn’t make serious footballing structural/personnel changes because it’s broken.

im assuming a caretaker manager takes the team while an internal investigation takes place and potential structural changes. Can’t really do that behind robson’s back hence the intern.  Just my take. 

Just as you say, I expect him to come in and either do his homework or, instead, speak to those already there and run things by them (such as: have we ever created a single chance from a long throw or massive punt free kick). Cormack has been sold on the idea that he's some managerial giant that will bring the entire team together and inspire them to battle, without regard to tactics (95% man management apparently). He's the wrong guy at the wrong time. Robson didn't struggle with motivation, it was tactical ineptitude, so to get a pure motivation guy in was ridiculous.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Panda said:

Is it Gunn though? He seems an easy person for others to hide behind.

What is his remit? If it's to go and sign the players he's told to sign, well we've signed a lot of players.

Cormack is the guy that wanted an interim rather than a permanent boss asap.

I feel that way except cormack is easy to blame. What’s gunn’s job? What is cormack’s?? Cormack hires guys to do jobs, I assume cormack isn’t directly hands on with the team, manager, players, and transfers, i‘m assuming that’s Gunn.

i assume it’s cormack’s job to create a structure, plan, and vision. Then hire people to implement. It’s not working so time to reassess, which I assume means assess manager, director of football, and the structure.  

I assume cormack wants the intern to give him time to assess without having a permanent manager in place wondering what the fuck is going on. I know I’m in the minority, but what I’m assuming cormack is doing right now makes sense. 

like we all are good at, lots of assumptions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...