Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Wilson, Young and Esson

Guest Caroline B

If this is true, then I'm going to spend my Saturday afternoons shopping instead. It'll end up being cheaper than following a bunch of substandard players around.

I certainly hope Wilson is papertalk. Clearly JC and the club know the fans are unhappy and we need a lift. What do they expect if Wilson signs - yet another ex Dunf, a 1st division player who couldn't cut it in the SPL? Surely JC is more creative than that - the signings of Maybury and Walker were good, Maybury on a FT contract would be more inspiring. SURELY JC can find an experienced central defender who isn't an ex Dunf wallowing in the 1st division???

Non-stories

EE says they are possible targets - no basis to the story - probably pinched off a message board.

And in the second story JC is saying Macnamara's experience in the game will help his team mates emotionally after last saturday.  Doesn't say he's a guaranteed starter or anything like that.

Stop reading to much into evening express pish - it's a one way ticket to a nervous breakdown

You are correct on all accounts. However, you and I both know what our manager is like. So it wouldn't surprise me if all three turned up. But until that happens I won't pay much attention to it.

Hmmm.  Why was Esson released before?  

Esson left as JC dropped him for Clangers and he wasn't prepared to stay and be No2.

I posted elsewhere a few months back that Esson was going to be training at Pittodrie and would be signing for us in the Summer.

However, from the same source, I have now been told he doesn't want to sign for us ( :rofl:), and has signed a short term deal until the end of the season with Hereford  ???

This is the kind of news to pick us up from last Saturday  :hammer:

And that's exactly their plan. The EE scents blood. As the week goes on, the fallout from Saturday could turn to apathy. What better way to keep the anger flowing than a story linking us with a couple of Dunfermline players that nobody wants... :fingerscrossedsmiley:

However, i wouldn't be surprised to see Esson come back here after he leaves Hereford. I'd be hugely annoyed and disappointed, but not surprised.