Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Positive thing is we’re playing at home, negative being Robson is still our manager. Fail to win this and I’d imagine it’s going to get very nasty. I’ve seen there’s talk of a protest before hand? Hopefully wh smiths has plenty of post-it’s available.

anyway, we genuinely need a result here, given the next two games are against the cheeks (home and away). They’re also above us in the table so if we have any desires of making the top 6 (yuck), then this is exactly the sort of game we should be getting results at.

Rubi is out for a while, but I’d hope we stick to the back 4 for this one. Doc has them generally playing pretty well, so I don’t think he’ll struggle to outthink Robson. A 4-1 demolition of livi will have given them a lot of confidence. Will be interesting to see what if anything changes for this. He needs to stop subbing Barron off, that’s for sure.

out

bed

work

work

1-1, miovski

Third is gone after Saturday and if we don’t beat Dundee the top 6 is looking increasingly difficult. Also need a win to start putting some distance between us and relegation play off place which we are currently 5 points clear of. I would be happy with same back 4 as Saturday but Gartenmann going off injured could mean another change to line up. We need to find a way to get some width into the team but no idea how we do that. If Dundee score first can see the atmosphere turning ugly quite quickly. 

Oot - work getting in the way again

work

Radio

Sleep

2-1 Miovski and Clarkson

Not sure how long McGarry is out for,but curious to see what he could do as a winger in the current formation.Be surprised if we dont get a last minute loan or signing or 2 ,Robsons last hope of delaying the probable

In or Oot - See how i feel after work 

Prediction - something shite like a 1 - 1 draw. Miovski 

Be interesting to see if this new fella plays and if so where.

I imagine he might play ahead of Polvara. MacDonald presumably starts. Maybe Duk in ahead of McGrath.

IMG_6346.thumb.jpeg.7cb3563f71b67923abaf07f3e70ea33e.jpeg

Win or lose Robson isn't getting sacked this wee. A win crucial with the Old Firm up next. Never mind Hearts, lose this and we stay nine behind Kilmarnock in the battle for fourth. Dundee would be five ahead of us.

I think if we play like we did in the first 30 minutes at Tynecastle then we'll do enough to get our noses in front, but can't say I'm confident.

Probably too early to start the Rangers-Aberdeen thread so I'll just dump it here, but just bought my ticket and fair to say the sales aren't going well, more than half the away section still available.

Midweek, away from home, live on TV, Aberdeen likely to get horsed - understandable.

But we will win so looking forward to it. £36 (technically £72 as I'll have to pay for both most likely) is money well spent.

Roos

Milne MacDonald Jensen

Devlin Clarkson Shinnie Mckezie

McGrath 

Sokler Miovski

Strange one,could be the final nail in Robbos coffin,but lets see how it goes.Some folk suggesting Rubezic could be out long term,though nothing confirmed

3 minutes ago, Panda said:

Duk is ill. Apparently.

Odd line-up.

Apparently he was meeting his partner off a flight into Aberdeen late last night, so not going to lie, when I saw he wasn't in squad tonight, I put two and two together and came up with five, thinking she was over in order to accompany him to his next destination

1 minute ago, BigAl said:

Apparently he was meeting his partner off a flight into Aberdeen late last night, so not going to lie, when I saw he wasn't in squad tonight, I put two and two together and came up with five, thinking she was over in order to accompany him to his next destination

Her TikTok channel shows her at a lot of Aberdeen games, so she was probably coming to watch him.

2 minutes ago, Panda said:

Her TikTok channel shows her at a lot of Aberdeen games, so she was probably coming to watch him.

As someone employed in the media, you are patently far better informed and connected than me 😂

Pretty unmemorable first half,Dundee unlucky not to score.As Tosh said,the more defensive minded we set up,the more we lose the knack of attacking.Some of Phillips energy in the second half might be worth a try.

Better than expected crowd though 

Miovski looks like he's missed his chance to sign off with a win, wouldn't bet on him being here next week. Garbage second half where the big names his again. Including bojan.

Only upside geuye looked better than previous games.

Saw about a hour and what I saw was fucking horrible. Dundee moved the ball well at times. As usual we did not. Don’t recall their keeper making a save. 
thought gueye looked like a guy from the park, got the ball, fucked around, and didnt know what to do. Made duk look like a smart player.

Philips played like he was desperate to impress, worked hard but saw nothing to suggest he can play.

tactics horrible and rotten performance. Consistent:

What’s frustrating when you look at our team I don’t think we have many bad players. I dont rate duncan, gueye, or morris, haven’t seen enough of Milne, and can’t judge Philips, but the rest can play. It’s the manager. And McGrath has been one of our best players of late so let’s play him at right wing back when we need a goal???

i assume polvara and Barron were ill so didn’t play? As for the formation, back to the shit that results in shit. What a surprise. 

Robson post match,doesnt recognise what the issues were...

Aberdeen manager Barry Robson tells BBC Scotland: "We looked a bit leggy tonight. We should have been 2-0 up at half-time, without playing really well.

"I'm frustrated for the players, they've put a lot into it. They're a big side, but we have to deal with that. What we can do is take our chances at the other end, but we didn't play sparklingly well but we had enough control and chances to make sure we won.

"The fans were very good tonight. Some of them can voice that frustration - that's football. But they were trying to will us on at the end.

"For me, the focus is on trying to win the game at the weekend. It's not about me. It's about the players, preparing them for the next game. There is no panic from me."

Why revert to four at the back with 10 minutes to go? His whole philosophy - subs and tactics - is to wait until there's barely any time left then make the changes too late.

"We looked leggy" - well why not have an extra midfielder in there then? Why have three at the back and ask Shinnie and Miovski in particular to do far more running than they need to be doing?

We had three must win games there and haven't won any of them.