Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Perth saints vs dons

Not that we ever looked particularly dangerous but the whole Barron/Mackenzie for Hayes/Jensen made little sense and we were completely impotent for the rest of the game. Macdonald for Rubezic was the icing on the cake.

Didn’t watch it but it sounds like we were terrible. Doesn’t sound like any improvement to our form from before the break. I think Im letting go of the notion that we will come good now, as I just don’t believe we can catch Hearts in 3rd. Hopefully we can get into the 4th or 5th qualifying place.

Edited by DantheDon

9 minutes ago, Slim said:

Not that we ever looked particularly dangerous but the whole Barron/Mackenzie for Hayes/Jensen made little sense and we were completely impotent for the rest of the game. Macdonald for Rubezic was the icing on the cake.

Barron is basically first sub for his lack of contract signing. He wasn't playing well, but Clarkson was offering nothing in midfield, with Shinnie having to do all the work again. Hayes taken on to provide width in a four, only for Jensen to come on and change to a five so that Hayes has to play wing back again and stops getting forward.

• Like 1

This team aren't capable of catching hearts currently. Top 6 is about as good as I'm expecting this season.

Basically McKenzie got passed marks tonight. Nobody else took a grip of things. Too many think they've made it already.

That was brutal, VAR decisions were both frankly embarrassing dare I say it I actually thought Beaton had a decent game.

Thought we started quite well but every pass was just a little bit off. Then we had no clue!! 

2nd half belonged to St Johnstone and fucking having no sense of urgency until the 8 mins injury time is infuriating.

Tynecastle up next yikes 

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Good to see us sticking with the line up for a few games anyway. Still think the lack of width is an issue, but needs must to avoid Morris starting.

didn’t see the whole game but lack of width stood out to me which meant way too much long or through the middle. Very predictable and easy to stop.

i also think it’s another game we miss a ramadani type, just not enough graft, physicality, and influence in central areas to drive us on or break them down. The balance is off with Barron, McGrath, and clarkson much more flair but also more chance of inconsistency if the game isn’t for them. Plus they don’t really suit a long ball game and with minimal width it’s harder for them. Tonight needed more graft, presence, and drive.

• Like 1

(4/1) on Bojan Miovski to 'Score First' and I ripped up the slip!  Luis Lopes Duk 'Last Goal' (6/1) and he didn't even play!

I have to wait 24HRS on Head Office at Chisholm's Bookmakers verifying we put Bojan bet on before being allowed to collect our winnings!

Made my night that so it has!

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Honking fae Roos. Terrible with crosses. Rubi off, surely should be more attacking with the sub.

Roos has always been back with crosses, saw that when he first joined us, the reason he almost never leaves his line/6 yd box for a high ball. No clue why he chose tonight to come for one and remind us how shit he is at that…..credit to Joe Lewis, he was the opposite!

• Like 1