Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs killie

Killie we’re winners against us last time out, and I’d like to say we’re a bit more organised now but 🤷‍♂️ they’ve had a series of narrow losses, including one against st johnstone and with saints playing the freefalling Paisley saints, we really need to be getting 3 points here. 

id like to see macdonald in for Rubi if at all possible. It’s not all on him but he was culpable for the two goals on the weekend and doesn’t appear to be learning much at the moment. Issue would be that it might shoot his confidence.

out

bed

work

work

2-1 us, miovski and sokler

I’d actually like to see a back 3 of ruby Macdonald and Jensen, closest to the three of last year, Macdonald can cover for ruby’s errors. Gartenmann has shown enough that he can go forward, play him at right wing back. Put devlin in with shinnie and clarkson/mcgrath, closest to the three of last year too. A much needed two grafters with one finesse player.

Go to continue with miovski and soklar up top.

3-1 us, miovski 2 and sokler 

Edited by OrlandoDon

Since we're shuffling the team about, I'd actually like to see Shinnie at LWB. McGarry looks like he's been rushed back, Hayes can't play two games a week, and Mackenzie injured. 

Shinnie could play there without needing to be too aggressive going forward, he can cover more in midfield, play Barron deep, and Clarkson further forward.

8 hours ago, Panda said:

Since we're shuffling the team about, I'd actually like to see Shinnie at LWB. McGarry looks like he's been rushed back, Hayes can't play two games a week, and Mackenzie injured. 

Shinnie could play there without needing to be too aggressive going forward, he can cover more in midfield, play Barron deep, and Clarkson further forward.

It's impossible for Shinnie not to be aggressive. Aggression is his identity, you might as well rip out his heart. Also, that would leave the weakest midfield in the history of football.

8 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

It's impossible for Shinnie not to be aggressive. Aggression is his identity, you might as well rip out his heart. Also, that would leave the weakest midfield in the history of football.

I meant aggressive as in his attacking mentality, hence "too aggressive going forward", as he'd be better sitting deeper so we're not overly exposed. So he would essentially be on the left of midfield but covering when Daniel Armstrong tries to scamper down that wing.

If we were playing football manager we'd be calling him an inverted wing back with a defence mentality, cutting in to sit alongside Barron. 

I should say, I'm only offering it up as a suggestion if Robson plays the same tactics he did at Hibs. I'm not saying it should be his new position.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Now now, you can get away with one BBC quip every 12 months. You've used up your quota until next year.

Read your licence fee terms and conditions.

When did they put that in. Sneaky bastards. 

In fairness BBC are not in the same league as Sky Sports when it comes to fuck ups on their graphics. 

Starting to get into must win territory now. I would like to see us going a back 4. With Jensen going to left back and McDonald in the middle with Rubi. Just think we need to try something different defensively. If we are sticking with a back 3 would want to see Barron coming In for Clarkson or McGrath as he will offer more protection to back 3. Morris better be nowhere near the team. 

Killie have only won 1 out of 5 since they beat us and only scored 2 goals. They should be a team we are looking to beat especially at home. 

Oot - fucking work again

Work

Hopefully finished in time to get stream

Flat

2-0 Sokler and Miovski

6 hours ago, Panda said:

IMG_4310.thumb.png.0b6c5231e03b3be47938b5de1e7425e2.png

Sums up Aberdeen at the moment that they can't even do a decent line-up graphic on their website.

That's disgusting. Where did that come from? The BBC graphics department? Have they just indented the numbers instead of centering? It's eye-burning stuff. Thank goodness you put that joke lineup in there to highlight its ridiculousness.

Anyway, the correct team is the one that we played in the first half against the Huns, with options of MacDonald and Barron over Rubezic and Clarkson. Absolutely no fucking about with having Shinnie playing advanced and number sixes, and we'll be absolutely fine. 

• Haha 1

Can't argue with him dropping Rubezic & McGarry (both poor v Hibs), and while Sokler did okay he lacks that killer touch in the box. Maybe that's lack of game time, but he's starting games now and missing chances, while Duk looked good off the bench.

Line-up looks good. Intae them Aberdeen.

Garbage half. Long ball merchants. For me you have to play McGrath or Clarkson at 10 to get on the ball and turn and bring in someone to do the work with shinnie.

I loved Clarkson last season but we're not getting the best from him now.

We're disjointed going forward and the long ball doesn't work unless someone can hold it in.