Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Foster

Also heard this is why Walker has dissapeared off the radar.

On-loan Walker is unhappy with his Aberdeen benchmark

By Paul Smith

Published: 15/04/2008

Aberdeen’s refusal to guarantee Josh Walker first-team football is in danger of jeopardising the club’s bid to bring him back to Pittodrie for a second season.

The England youth international did not make the bench for Saturday’s match at Hampden.

Manager Jimmy Calderwood has revealed his concerns about Walker’s compatibility with captain Scott Severin is the reason for the on-loan Middlesbrough player’s shortage of game time.

Walker has not started since the 3-1 defeat at Kilmarnock on February 24 when he was substituted after 28 minutes. Calderwood admits he is under pressure to give assurances about Walker’s opportunities with the Dons as he prepares for further negotiations with the English club.

The Dons manager insists he cannot pledge to build his team around the 19-year-old, but remains keen to extend his loan into next season.

Calderwood said: “I have to get back to Gareth Southgate at Middlesbrough. He has been in touch but we haven’t had the opportunity to talk.

“A lot depends on how Josh, his people and Gareth want to approach it. If they want him to play every week and we cannot guarantee that then it could be problematic.

“I can say with certainty we cannot guarantee first-team football. That does not just apply to Josh – it applies to any player, whether they are on loan or contracted to Aberdeen.

“He loves it here and wants to stay but the player, his agent and his club will have to assess it at the end of the season.

“I can understand if Gareth and his agent want him to play week in and week out.

“We would love to keep him but, with the greatest respect, I don’t want him in my office every week if he’s not playing.â€

Calderwood admits the lack of football has hit Walker hard in the past month but has praised his response.

He said: “Josh is a wonderful lad and I can see on his face every week that it is hurting him when he is not playing.

“We have decided to play with Barry Nicholson in the centre alongside Scott Severin.

“I don’t know if Josh and Scott can play together in the same midfield because we need somebody getting forward and into the opposition box, which is what Barry does. That is why Josh has not been playing.

“He is disappointed but has a fabulous attitude and great enthusiasm for the game.â€

The Dons manager admits he regrets his decision not to involve Walker at the weekend.

The Englishman rose to the occasion with a goal against Bayern Munich in the Uefa Cup and the firepower would have been a useful option as Aberdeen attempted to draw level with Queen of the South for a fourth time.

Calderwood said: “Hindsight is a wonderful thing and it might have been good to have had Josh among the substitutes.

“On Saturday we had Karim Touzani and Stuart Duff, who can cover in a few different positions in defence and midfield. I felt we needed defensive options, which is why Josh missed out.â€

Foster is a fucking atrocious fitba player, ah hope tae fuckin God this is true so they get rid o him and he ends up playing in the 1st or 2nd division, where he belongs.  :wave:

"Oh, but he's one of the fastest players in the league," they say.

Fuckoff, the guy's shite. Shite shite shite.

I never thought much of Foster. Thought he was one of the weak links in the team, but this season he's really managed to fit in well with the team.

Much like Dempsey was I'd say. Not great, but fits into the team well.

OK I'll bite......

Foster has been rotten this season whereas last season he finally found his niche.  This season he's been doing a Zander and taking a year off having believed his good press.

Not helped by being shifted about the team and not consistently playing at left back like he was last season.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Not helped by being shifted about the team and not consistently playing at left back like he was last season.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Other than left back, left wing a couple times and left out because he's been shite.  Where else has he played?

He played right wing on Saturday.

He has also played right back.

Point is, nobody has played better than him at left back this season, yet he's been the one to make way.

OK I'll bite......

Foster has been rotten this season whereas last season he finally found his niche.  This season he's been doing a Zander and taking a year off having believed his good press.

Ah said it already min, the boy's a fucking terrible fitba player.  Yes he set-up Mackie in Dnipro, and yes he scored the 4th against Copenhagen, but that's not enough to cover his shortcomings.

The boy's not a left-back though is he?  And he certainly aint a left-winger.

Other than left back, left wing a couple times and left out because he's been shite.  Where else has he played?

I thought you were at the game on Saturday?  ;)

He's had an awful season.  The only thing of note that I can recall him doing was crossing for Mackie in Dnipro.

Apart from that, he had two foul throws in the same match, and on Saturday the ball slipped out of his hands early while taking a throw.

He's not good enough.