Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SPFL - Them vs Us

26 minutes ago, tlg1903 said:

Aye that was beautiful.  Really chuffed for Mackenzie, for a long time I didn't think he was going to quite be good enough.  Fair to say Robson being in charge has been very good for him and his attitude is spot on. It's hard not to see him as a credible lb option now. 

I think that there are still question marks over his ability to play wing back - in a three - against opposition that sit in. However, he's more than proved that he's good enough in a squad to work as left back in a four or five, and he can even provide cover for Jensen if/when he's unavailable. That's absolutely invaluable over the course of a season, and I'd expect to see him get at least 20 games by the end of it. His limitations are clear, as are his strengths, so it should be easy to work around those. It's clear that Polvara also has squad stengths too that we can make something of. Keeping things simple and playing to the players' strengths is key for us with the volume of games we've got, and I think Robson is perhaps beginning to see that. Thursday will be what it is, the squad test will be the subsequent stuffy games against lower opposition in the league that come after. Gartenmann coming in has really taken the guesswork out of the defensive setup, and - dare I say it - Morris getting injured has been a blessing in that we're not dicking about trying to shoehorn him in unnecessarily (I'm sure he can play a role when he returns, it's just that I felt that Robson was trying to play him into being a footballer).

Well been pretty much tied up with things all weekend.

Long story short, I never saw any of the game on Saturday afternoon, but by fuck have I made up for it by watching the highlights a half dozen times or so.

The Snake getting red carded and obviously the used car salesman getting his jotters (at serious financial cost to the Huns) just made the weekend better and better

Outstanding result and pleased for Robson as the heat was turning up on him. I can also see a real togetherness starting to appear in the squad.

One swallow does not a summer make and now we seem to have a but of confidence and momentum it is imperative that we keep it going until the international break.

Is it circa £500k a victory on Thursday evening is worth to us ?