Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SPFL - Them vs Us

Not convinced by them, but they seem to unsurprisingly be getting the rub of the green and are still getting results. Back to back wins will hopefully have helped confidence grow, so we're in a better place than we were a fortnight ago. Would look to try and set up like we did against Frankfurt, as they'll probably try and press us more than other teams do in the league. Hopefully we get some positive news on McGarry, although the team have done well without him. Team ethic seems to be building and Robson appears to be willing to try a few things and using subs earlier, which is great!

Whilst I understand the logic of resting folk for this, confidence is the most important thing here and we want to get a bit of a run going.

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
2-1 them, Miovski

Would fully expect us to set up like we did against Frankfurt tomorrow. Although he was better against County would expect Duk to start on the bench and Miovski to be lone striker. Tribute Act have not looked great but as usual getting more than their fair share of the breaks from the officials. Expect that continue tomorrow with Rubi being red carded for just looking at one of the bigoted cunts. 

Oot (fuck paying £35 for Scottish Football)

flat

local game some where

flat

2-0 no dons scorer. 

20 minutes ago, Jute said:

with Rubi being red carded for just looking at one of the bigoted cunts

Hopefully Anthony Stewart left him the recipe for nailing a Hun in the last minute of the ninety. It'd have been so perfect had the cheating SFA not insisted on extra time instead of the replay Stewart had planned for when he went careering into the challenge. That won't be an issue in a league match, and there's a strong chance that Wright will have taken to the field by that point too.

Really intrigued by this one, get any sort of positive result there and it should act as a further shot in the arm for this team. Confidence is building, but I really want us to avoid a hammering. Not sure they'd be able to separate this from the general momentum. Defence has started to gel, finally, so all I ask today is that we have a good performance.

Were terrible until we scored. Since then we've looked really good, half-time probably came at the wrong time for us because I fancied us for a second.

Just don't start the second half the way we started the first. Constantly giving the ball away and I think we may have lost every header today.

Listening to Lee MCculloch on BBC lamenting about how Sevco should've just offered all the best players from Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs the honour of playing for them ("why didn't we just go and get Shankland, Ferguson, Doig"), and then they wonder why these teams don't like them.

Edited by OxfordDon

What a glorious result to wake to and I have to say, dons Twitter is equally glorious. Fuck me, did not see that coming. Had a sneaky suspicion we might sneak a draw before going to bed, probably from listening to the gartenmann interview in fairness. Got me feeling optimistic. 

looking forward to watching the game back now!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, manc_don said:

What a glorious result to wake to and I have to say, dons Twitter is equally glorious. Fuck me, did not see that coming. Had a sneaky suspicion we might sneak a draw before going to bed, probably from listening to the gartenmann interview in fairness. Got me feeling optimistic. 

looking forward to watching the game back now!

Despite all their "possession" we only conceded 4 fouls whilst their number was 18. 4 fouls for a team that is set up to essentially defend shows how brilliantly disciplined and tactically aware we were. Hate to admit it but the ref (presumably not going out to the lodge tonight) was OK. Oh, and how did Miovski miss that chance?

Thought it was going to be a terrible day with how we started the game. For 30 minutes we couldn't kick our own arse.

But after we took the lead we played some excellent stuff. Three goals at Ibrox for the first time in 26 years. And Scott Wright being sent off was the icing on the cake.

Jack McKenzie's best performance in an Aberdeen shirt? Was inviting fouls down the left, had Scott Wright in his pocket up until the red card, technically gets an assist for the second goal and scores the third.

Beaten to the man of the match award only by Graeme Shinnie who was just perfect. My fucking captain.

• Like 2

That tackle Mackenzie made was something special! 

managed to get my boys to watch it all, and for all the huns possession, we looked decent enough after the first. A few hairy moments, but subs were good and contributed. As you said panda, beast mode performance from shinnie 😲 thought everyone played their part, superb.

11 hours ago, manc_don said:

managed to get my boys to watch it all, and for all the huns possession, we looked decent enough after the first. A few hairy moments, but subs were good and contributed. As you said panda, beast mode performance from shinnie 😲 thought everyone played their part, superb.

First time I’ve seen that, Goldson was almost greeting 

On 01/10/2023 at 08:01, manc_don said:

Aye that was beautiful.  Really chuffed for Mackenzie, for a long time I didn't think he was going to quite be good enough.  Fair to say Robson being in charge has been very good for him and his attitude is spot on. It's hard not to see him as a credible lb option now.