Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs county

15 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

I would hope so, definite red but didn’t var even look at it? Pretty sure both shinnie and Hayes have been sent off for similar. And we saw the scars/marks on Hayes leg, not like it was missed contact!

Right I could be talking utter shite, let's be honest it wouldn'tbe the first time, but I seem to think a yellow can't be upgraded to red but a red can be downgraded to yellow.

Sure Panda or Rico will confirm if I am actually right 

10 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Right I could be talking utter shite, let's be honest it wouldn'tbe the first time, but I seem to think a yellow can't be upgraded to red but a red can be downgraded to yellow.

Didn’t someone get a card retrospectively upgraded last season, or am I making that up? What you sounds very plausible though 😂

22 minutes ago, BigAl said:

You're not right! Any decision can be changed. It was Collum on VAR (I think) and I think he tends toward the onfield decision, which I actually think is the way it should be. He appears to have the correct interpretation of clear and obvious. The ref had a good view of the incident and thought a yellow was good enough and he obviously thinks there wasn't enough to overturn it. The replays make it look a little worse than it was in real time in my opinion. I'd rather we saw less VAR intervention. The ref let quite a lot go today, and it made for a better game. There have been lesser tackles given red, but that shouldn't be reason to intervene here. 

37 minutes ago, BigAl said:

I think if it’s given a yellow during the game then they can’t look at it retrospectively to upgrade to a red but VAR could’ve intervened during the game.

Having seen Hayes’ leg after the challenge I’m amazed / impressed he managed to continue for so long. It was an out of control, studs up, two footed challenge. Red card all day long.

I'M BACK AFTER NEARLY TWO WEEKS OF TRYING TO RECOVER MY PASSWORD ON THIS FORUM JUST TO SAY....

I won £504 on us today!!!!  

Had my usual £9 on Bojan Miovski First Scorer (5/1) which is nothing new since he joined the club.  £9 (9/1) Bojan Miovski Two Or More Goals In The Game and £10 Aberdeen to beat Ross County 4-0 (40/1).

Did £11 Duk Last Goal (6/1) and £11 Duk Two Or More Goals In The Game (12/1) to see if we could get the correct scoreline up but I'm not arsed this return has paid for my bets for next few weeks now.  

I actually collected £909.27 on a Europa League Both Teams To Score and a Europa League 2.5 Goals And Overs coupon Thursday night which is why I donated a further £1K to Margaret Kerr Unit in memory of my Mam Friday morning to take my continuing donation to them to £9,453.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RedTube said:

I think if it’s given a yellow during the game then they can’t look at it retrospectively to upgrade to a red but VAR could’ve intervened during the game.

Having seen Hayes’ leg after the challenge I’m amazed / impressed he managed to continue for so long. It was an out of control, studs up, two footed challenge. Red card all day long.

Sorry I haven't articulated my point very well in my post.

It was retrospective upgrade to red card that I was talking about and not VAR intervening at the time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SeeBass said:

Was it just me or does Duk look fat in some of the pictures on official website?  The ones with Bojan especially.  Or just his shirt is a bigger size or maybe the angle of some of the shots aren't flattering?

He's actually pretty ripped,but in a chunky way,hence defenders were bouncing off him on Saturday

• Like 1