Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hampden memories

Guest ally s

I was at the 82.83.84 cup finals but don't remember much.

I loved the 86 final the week after Hearts lost the league and we took the Scottish cup from them, as I was living in Edinburgh at the time and had a lot of Hearts supporting friends. Worst of course was the 2000 4-0 v huns, not just cause of the score but I felt so bad for Leighton the way he ended his career and some filthy huns were allowed to sit behind us for some reason and we had to put up with there bigoted shite the whole game I complained to the police and stewards a number of times and they did nothing I eventually moved seat away from them when some Aberdeen fans left towards the end of the game.

I was at the 82.83.84 cup finals but don't remember much.

I loved the 86 final the week after Hearts lost the league and we took the Scottish cup from them, as I was living in Edinburgh at the time and had a lot of Hearts supporting friends. Worst of course was the 2000 4-0 v huns, not just cause of the score but I felt so bad for Leighton the way he ended his career and some filthy huns were allowed to sit behind us for some reason and we had to put up with there bigoted shite the whole game I complained to the police and stewards a number of times and they did nothing I eventually moved seat away from them when some Aberdeen fans left towards the end of the game.

Was at a semi V Thistle in 78 for my first trip to Hampden to see the dons. Best was when I ball boyed the 82 4-1 game.

As an aside I just watched the 9-8 penalty win on youtube

and had butterflies expecting us to miss ???

My first visit as well. Happy days. (Should have been to the league cup final in 76, but was too ill to go  :)

Showing your age there madbad.  ;D

'76 league cup final was my first final, but my favourite Hampden moment was  the Semi that year.

What a night! Rangers 1 Aberdeen 5.

just beats the 4-1 SC win in 1981. :AFC2:

95 Coca Cola Cup Final, which was when I was 9. Can remember the day well, passing all the Dundee supporters buses on the way down, sitting in the North Stand about in line with the goal-line where Duncan Shearer ear-ed it in just after half time. I still have it on VHS somewhere, might give it a watch.

Worst was in the same season, the Scottish Cup semi where we lost to Hearts. Don't remember much about the match, just that I was gutted.

Watching it of now. Shock, Scott Booth was injured.

24:10:1995  against the huns in the league cup semi.  For years this was the best day of my life.

Was at the 4-0 game and though obviously gutted it didnt seem that bad as it was such a joke having to play a striker in goal for 88 minutes. 

My worst hampden memory doesnt involve the dons im afraid.  It was the scotland  italy game last year.  It was hard enough seeing them get the last minute winner but i was holding it together.  Then i got a text saying that it had been a foul on hutton and that we had been robbed.  Needless to say i lost the plot a bit and went on a total bender!  On the flip side though the bounce when ferguson scored was without doubt the best i have ever been in. 

24:10:1995  against the huns in the league cup semi.  For years this was the best day of my life.

Was at the 4-0 game and though obviously gutted it didnt seem that bad as it was such a joke having to play a striker in goal for 88 minutes. 

My worst hampden memory doesnt involve the dons im afraid.  It was the scotland  italy game last year.  It was hard enough seeing them get the last minute winner but i was holding it together.  Then i got a text saying that it had been a foul on hutton and that we had been robbed.  Needless to say i lost the plot a bit and went on a total bender!  On the flip side though the bounce when ferguson scored was without doubt the best i have ever been in. 

Club over country. ;)

Watching it of now. Shock, Scott Booth was injured.

Watching this game reminds me how good stephenh Glass was, he left us far too early. Remember thinking he'd play for Scotland one day. I've just seen Shearer's goal, amazing to see how well thought of he was, after the goal there was a 3 minute long rendition of "It's a goal for Duncan Shearer" followed by a minute of just "Shearer, Shearer, Shearer". Duncan Shearer, what a guy.

For those who have the 95 cup final on video, about 2seconds before glass crosses into the box for shearer you see someone suddenly raise a flag in the crowd. That was me and my claim to fame for about 2weeks after.

That was my first visit to Hampden and I cant honestly say it was as exciting or great for me as it appears to have been for others.

The afore mentioned flag was lost in the 2000 semi final vs hibs by my ex girlfriend who left it on the Ullivei dons bus (or so she claimed). Just typical that the first time that flag goes to a game without me it gets lost.

The afore mentioned girlfriend also put a damper on what little enjoyment there was to be had at the 200 scottish cup final. I mean when ya lose yer only goalie after 2mins you just have to accept its not your day and make the most of it. Oh no. The tears began to flow and any sign of a smile on my face was greeted with glares and harsh words.

I seem to recall some campaign for everyone to bring confetti to make our support look like the 86 world cup. I purchased an a4pad in the bus station and ended up passing it along my row at hampden. Real shame the swirling wind was blowing in our direction so the paper just ended up in the back row.

Jocky scott hat-trick in league cup semi (no idea what year cant remember that far back)

Enjoyed some great times at hampden in the past as we were there quite a lot (ie taking around 25,000 to some finals)

remember mostly on the way down stopping in nearly every town and they were all awash with dons fans (nowadays its all moterways/dual carrage and no stops) gets you there quick but takes the atmosphere out of the big day a bit

Been to hamdpen 4 times to see the dons. 

2 wins (Dundee 95 and Hibs 2000)

2 defeats (celtic and rangers 2000)

Like a few others I was 15 when I went down to Hampden for the first time to see the 96 Coke Cup final.  Was a pretty memorable day given it was my first away match as a dons fan and the first time me and my wee brother had been let loose away down to Glasgow for the day by ourselves. 

Remembering being awestruck by the size of the place and the vast swathes of dandies (and empty seats in the dundee end).

Magic day which unfortunately was spoilt by some wee ned who lobbed a brick at our bus window on the way out of glasgow.  We had to stop at the side of the motorway to knock the window out as the glass was beginning to cave in and then had a 3hr bus journey, in November, back to Banchory with a big gaping hole on one side of the bus. Nae warm

Have to say the Hibs semifinal came pretty close to matching that day, even if there were only a few thousand of us there, the sheer joy of seeing Andy Dow score the winner has rarely been matched in the 8years since

only once when we beat ra sellick 9-8 on pens.  watched through fingers that shoot out.

best memory - in the family enclosure as I was only a spritley young thing around 12 year old, some big fat tim behind me chanting the old rasict "ohh ohh ohh" gorilla chant at his own player (can't remember the players name for sure - want to say Mark Walters?????).  Anyway, half way through 1st have of extra time see a rather portly tim getting dragged by cops at the front of the stand, I yell  to my mate "Hey, is that that fat bastard tim that was behind us getting dragged by the pigs?"  Slow turn of the head reveals it's not and he's glowering right at me.  gulp.

Worst = the 2000 cup final when Leightons career was ruined.

It hardly ruined his career VDA just his final game.

(can't remember the players name for sure - want to say Mark Walters?????). 

Probably Anton Rogan, Mark walters played for the other half of the axis of evil

Club over country. ;)

::)  :hammer:  No surprises there  ;)

Jocky scott hat-trick in league cup semi (no idea what year cant remember that far back)

would you believe 1976 :o

The other 2 scorers being King Joey and Drew Jarvie.

Jarvie's was arguably the best of all, 18 yard volley from a Bumper Graham corner.

;D

I too have never been to a Hampden Final yet but my most vivid memories are of Mason`s(always thought he was underrated) header just seeming to take an age to go in and Snelders save from Rogan too looks better every time I see it. Like poetry in motion.  Mum bought me an Aberdeen goalie top not long after which to this day I still have as I had plans to replace big Theo when he retired!  Loved going down the park with pals and pretending to be the Flying Dutchman with fingertip stops for the cameras over the bar and round my posts.  Happy Days! 

Was fifteen when we beat Dundee yet can`t even remember how we scored our goals so work that one out, and did Ricco not draw us level during the Cup Final against Rangers?