Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Hampden memories

Guest ally s

Guest ally s

What's everybodys best and worst memories of watching the Dons at Hampden?

Mine would be

Winning the League Cup in 95 against Dundee, absolultey unforgettable. I'd seen us win the League Cup in 89 and the Scottish Cup in 90 but I was fifteen in 95 and appreciated the win a lot more.

My worst has to be the Cup final in 2000 v the Huns, 4-0 nuff said.

I've been to Hampden once with the Dons, and that was the 1994 Scottish Cup semi final replay against United.  Was originally meant to go to the first game but got snowed in (in the middle of fucking April) so was determined to make the replay.  Must have been about 12k there, terrible game and United won 1-0.

Pish.

Guest bloo_toon_red

Only been once as well - CIS Cup Final 2000.

Our bus only just made it inot Hampden and then wouldn't start after the game.  We were stranded in the car park until 11pm when a new bus arrived.

Our bus driver was missing part of his one of his lugs so we dubbed him "Eighteen Months". (Ear and a half)

My favourite Dons memories - Theo saving Rogan's pen, then Irvine scoring to win us the cup. And Mason's double in 89, amazing bounces. 95 was good, but it always felt like a formality, after beating the huns in the semi.

Worst memories - Cup finals of 2000, and the semi's v United and Hearts. Fuckin painful stuff.

95 Coca Cola Cup Final, which was when I was 9. Can remember the day well, passing all the Dundee supporters buses on the way down, sitting in the North Stand about in line with the goal-line where Duncan Shearer ear-ed it in just after half time. I still have it on VHS somewhere, might give it a watch.

Worst was in the same season, the Scottish Cup semi where we lost to Hearts. Don't remember much about the match, just that I was gutted.

My first visit to Hampden.

May 19th 1984.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Cup_1983-84#Final

Aberdeen 2 Celtic 1 (AET)  :thumbsup:

I was only 10 but I remember a cracking atmosphere, and it being absolutely jam-packed.

Been to most finals since.

Remember it well, I was a little older than 10 but still found the atmosphere electric and terrifying at times.  Aitken got red carded and the dons fans all surged forward down the terrace, scary shit when everyone else is twice your size.

I was already a seasoned Hampden fan by then having been lucky enough to experience the two wins over the Huns in 1982 and 1983.  ;D

Worst memory was probably Gary Smiths OG, gifting the League cup to those cunts in 92/93.  And of course the Skol cup penalty shoot out when Peter Nicholas fired over the bar.  :(

Being older than most of you one here, my favourite memory goes back somewhat further and has to be the '82 cup final win o'er the forces of darkness.

When I think back I realise how spoiled we were in those days as it was the first of three successive winning appearances in the Scottish Cup final.

Probably second best was '86 as beating Hearts hard on the heels of them throwing away the league and seeing them end up with nothing was pretty special as well.

Without wishing to dwell too much in the past, by christ almost took it for granted during that four out of five seasons that we'd have a Hampden outing at the end of the season

Only been to Hampen once but it was the 1995 LC Final, it was amazing and I seem to remember the MotM (Glass?) getting a mountain bike lol.

Hopefully I'll see us lift the cup in May.

Indeed he did, it was a red Coca Cola one. Wonder if he flooged it on E-Bay, or whatever similar means avaialble back in '95 ;)

Indeed he did, it was a red Coca Cola one. Wonder if he flooged it on E-Bay, or whatever similar means avaialble back in '95 ;)

Scot-ads?  ;)

Fuck me, last time we won a cup was before I had a mobile phone and probably before I'd ever used the internet.  :o

Scot-ads?  ;)

Fuck me, last time we won a cup was before I had a mobile phone and probably before I'd ever used the internet.  :o

Fecking scarey really isn't it :o

Reckon most of the folks on here would have still been virgins as well ;)

Best probably 89 league cup final as it was so sweet to win against the huns after blowing it twice in the preceeding years. Worst 4-0 in 2000. Would have left early but had an early start the next day for a trip to Dublin for a Scotland game so was forced to sit there and be taunted by the huns as was sitting right at the segregation.

Part timer. ;) ;) ;)

Would be the 95 Cup Final. Was only fifteen at the time. Me and my mates spray painted our hair red for the occasion, oor mates dad even let us have a beer as well. (Nae big deal now i ken) Was a cracking day oot and never thought i would not see the Dons lift a trophy again. :(

Worst would be the 4-0 against the Huns. I was behind Leighton's goal when that cunt Rod Wallace went into him. There was a horrible silence when it happened and we rralised there wasnt another keeper on the bench. Nae a good day. :(

One Hampden game im gutted i missed was the semi final against the Huns when Jess did his wee pish take of a couple of keepie up's. I sat watching it at hame with a broken leg in plaster up to my thigh. Fucking cars!! >:(

That was a great night.  :thumbsup::wave:

Worst would be the 4-0 against the Huns. I was behind Leighton's goal when that cunt Rod Wallace went into him. There was a horrible silence when it happened and we rralised there wasnt another keeper on the bench. Nae a good day. :(

I remember thinking that at the time, but when I seen someone coming off the bench wearing Esson's shirt I though it was infact Ryan Esson until the substitution was made and it said on the big screen said Robbie Winters, I was so confused at my young age.

Being older than most of you one here, my favourite memory goes back somewhat further and has to be the '82 cup final win o'er the forces of darkness.

My first visit as well. Happy days. (Should have been to the league cup final in 76, but was too ill to go  :)

Worst visit, League cup final when Fleck's goal was miles offside....wee shitebag >:D