Author Topic: Alex Salmond  (Read 7079 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -198
Re: Alex Salmond
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2019, 10:37:07 AM »
People who make assumptions are fatally deficient in their critical thinking capabilities, unable to distinguish between facts and opinions, let alone appreciate the relative values of each. Assumers are therefore granite-heided, lazy and thick. Personally I've never been on Facebook in my puff and I don't "follow" anyone on Twitter. Original thinkers and creative innovators aren't sheep. They don't follow, they lead.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 13
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2019, 08:45:50 PM »
Nah, people who make assumptions generally overestimate the abilities of others to be as intelligent and conscientious as themselves, and I apologise for making that mistake, as the saying goes, it makes an ass out of *you* and me..

What surprises me is that you're not on twitter or Facebook, it's literally where knowledge is shared nowadays in huge volumes, anyone with the critical skills that you claim would soon filter the wheat from the chaff, indeed as I do, whereas you seem to have no areas of learning, just opinions based on your own verbosity

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2019, 09:50:07 PM »
I didn't say that I don't source from social media. I get stuff from it every day.

The difference is how we access it, how we process it and what we do with it.

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2019, 09:54:57 PM »
I didn't say that I don't source from social media. I get stuff from it every day.

The difference is how we access it, how we process it and what we do with it.

:dunno:

Personally I've never been on Facebook in my puff and I don't "follow" anyone on Twitter.
If you've never been on facebook, that's way more than 50% of social media gone right off, if you don't "follow" anyone on twitter, then all you'll have on your timeline without searching for specific items is what is "trending", so you're being fed a trend obviously, a follower, a sheep, an uncritical thinker by definition and by your own design.

Kinda the opposite of how I imagined you to be, from your own frequent boasting.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2019, 10:01:00 PM »
You seem determined for conflict. That's a statement in itself.

I've never been on Facebook but this doesn't mean I'm blind to what appears there. I've never followed anyone on Twitter (apart from the original banksy account, now defunct) but this similarly doesn't mean I'm oblivious to what's posted there.

You and I have different ways of doing things, of gathering information, different values and different conclusions. That's ok. It's good that there is variety in life. If I ever thought, felt, breathed and existed like you however, I would want to kill myself.

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2019, 10:07:41 PM »
You seem determined for conflict. That's a statement in itself.
No it isn't

I've never been on Facebook but this doesn't mean I'm blind to what appears there. I've never followed anyone on Twitter (apart from the original banksy account, now defunct) but this similarly doesn't mean I'm oblivious to what's posted there.
It kinda by definition states you are

You and I have different ways of doing things, of gathering information, different values and different conclusions. That's ok. It's good that there is variety in life. If I ever thought, felt, breathed and existed like you however, I would want to kill myself.
I'm sorry, have you considered Dignitas?