Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Alex Salmond

Kowalski

Some interesting comments from "John Adams" on facebook, and Craig Murray and @mairstheshame on twitter.

It is basic forum ettiquette to provide links ye ken. I'm not saying it's worse than what Salmond is accused of, but it's up there.

I don't believe it is a setup, but I could imagine a situation where 10 of the complaints wouldn't have made it anywhere near a court but 1 of the complaints was evidenced enough to bring the others forward.

If all else fails, then they'll at least get him on breach of the peace, which I assume is why it's in there (a certain charge, to bring the whole case forward)? I've nae idea how these things work like.

Is Moorov the one they tried to get rid of a few years back Rocket? Corroboration of witnesses who didn't witness or some such?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is basic forum ettiquette to provide links ye ken. I'm not saying it's worse than what Salmond is accused of, but it's up there.

Exactly what I was thinking. Granite-heided lazy thick cunt.

Is Moorov the one they tried to get rid of a few years back Rocket? Corroboration of witnesses who didn't witness or some such?

There was talk about it earlier this decade. Put simply it's this;

Criminal burden of proof requires corroboration. This means one person's word isn't enough. It needs corroborated by other evidence, which can be circumstantial. However, when you have a number of different complaints against the same perpetrator for the same crime (five in the case of HMA v. Moorov if I recall), none of which can be corroborated by further individual evidence on each then the number of same complaints can be taken into consideration to corroborate them all. Fucking class.

Extremely inconvenient timing for this to crop up in the middle of a general election campaign. No matter how much she tries to deflect.....Sturgeon was his deputy when all this was happening. I'd like to think it wouldn't cost the SNP any votes but I'm sure it will.

Salmond was a smooth operator as First Minister. Probably the best we have had to date in the relatively brief history of Holyrood. But as a person he is a total cunt. I've no doubt whatsoever of his guilt and hop he gets what's coming.

Exactly what I was thinking. Granite-heided lazy thick cunt.

There was talk about it earlier this decade. Put simply it's this

sorry, I'd kinda assumed someone speaking with so much authority on politics would be following these people themselves already? I was and am on my phone, where copying links to facebook and twitter is a pain in the arse so didn't do it.. That OK ye arse?

People who make assumptions are fatally deficient in their critical thinking capabilities, unable to distinguish between facts and opinions, let alone appreciate the relative values of each. Assumers are therefore granite-heided, lazy and thick. Personally I've never been on Facebook in my puff and I don't "follow" anyone on Twitter. Original thinkers and creative innovators aren't sheep. They don't follow, they lead.

Nah, people who make assumptions generally overestimate the abilities of others to be as intelligent and conscientious as themselves, and I apologise for making that mistake, as the saying goes, it makes an ass out of *you* and me..

What surprises me is that you're not on twitter or Facebook, it's literally where knowledge is shared nowadays in huge volumes, anyone with the critical skills that you claim would soon filter the wheat from the chaff, indeed as I do, whereas you seem to have no areas of learning, just opinions based on your own verbosity

I didn't say that I don't source from social media. I get stuff from it every day.

The difference is how we access it, how we process it and what we do with it.

:dunno:

Personally I've never been on Facebook in my puff and I don't "follow" anyone on Twitter.

If you've never been on facebook, that's way more than 50% of social media gone right off, if you don't "follow" anyone on twitter, then all you'll have on your timeline without searching for specific items is what is "trending", so you're being fed a trend obviously, a follower, a sheep, an uncritical thinker by definition and by your own design.

Kinda the opposite of how I imagined you to be, from your own frequent boasting.

You seem determined for conflict. That's a statement in itself.

I've never been on Facebook but this doesn't mean I'm blind to what appears there. I've never followed anyone on Twitter (apart from the original banksy account, now defunct) but this similarly doesn't mean I'm oblivious to what's posted there.

You and I have different ways of doing things, of gathering information, different values and different conclusions. That's ok. It's good that there is variety in life. If I ever thought, felt, breathed and existed like you however, I would want to kill myself.

You seem determined for conflict. That's a statement in itself.

No it isn't

I've never been on Facebook but this doesn't mean I'm blind to what appears there. I've never followed anyone on Twitter (apart from the original banksy account, now defunct) but this similarly doesn't mean I'm oblivious to what's posted there.
It kinda by definition states you are

You and I have different ways of doing things, of gathering information, different values and different conclusions. That's ok. It's good that there is variety in life. If I ever thought, felt, breathed and existed like you however, I would want to kill myself.

I'm sorry, have you considered Dignitas?

• 4 months later...

I think what we can take for truth out of this is three things; that Salmond's conduct was highly offensive and inappropriate, but it wasn't illegal and that political skullduggery extends to attempting to discredit others. That last one isn't exactly news but that in Scotland, a campaign has been staged against him that might have resulted in him going to and dying in a jail cell shows how sick politics can be.

• 4 months later...

There is truth, spin, politics and agendas. There are two sides to every story.

Kirsty Wark's Panorama last night was disgusting. It was what the BBC does. You and I weren't there at the trial but this commentator was. All we know for sure is that the jury did not convict Salmond.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/04/i-have-a-plan-so-that-we-can-remain-anonymous-but-have-maximum-effect/

• 4 months later...

Salmond accuses Sturgeon of misleading parliament https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55593864

So what’s he up to here? If his allegations are true, or if he believes them to be true, this could rip the SNP apart?! 

Personally it feels like a classic deflect tactic given he’s already said he acted at times inappropriately (but was cleared in court obviously). 

I just can’t see what he’s trying to achieve other than to benefit his ego.