Author Topic: mikey devlin  (Read 6451 times)

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 73
Re: mikey devlin
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2018, 05:25:08 PM »
Stopping somebody playing in a couple of fitba matches isn't really a crime, is it?  Naebody died or was touched up or anything.

I have licence to exaggerate (what I really meant is if it was done in any other field it would be bordering on criminal). It's corruption or, at best, censorship. I have a feeling they're just trying to back up their refs, but it's a fucked up system of doing that.

Offline tamzarian

• Under 21's
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2018, 06:30:36 PM »
Mikey Devlin might rightly be denied appearance money and a potential win/ and/or any other bonus as a result of this decision.

Hypothetically, I suppose Mikey could go to the small claims court for loss of earnings but as well as being pretty fucking funny, it would be a civil action rather than criminal (I think.  I did study law for a bit but I was mostly off my tits at the time). 

It's a shite decision by a bunch of incompetent, and probably biased, dicks.  As happens inside and outside workplaces across the world every minute of every day.  Thon fat cunt in the bin lorry never faced criminal charges and he killed six folk (probably not a good comparison TBH).

Offline tamzarian

• Under 21's
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2018, 06:32:25 PM »
I have licence to exaggerate

How does one obtain such a licence?  Do you need 1000+ Top Red points or some shite?

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2019, 05:32:52 PM »
Any more info on the injury? Post match interview DM said torn hamstring and he’d miss 2-3 games but that’s not the time frame for a hamstring tear. Hoping it’s a strain or pull but regardless it’s rest and losing fitness and we all saw a semi fit Devlin in the spring. I’m assuming that was the sell to Taylor (and Shugnasty), you’ll start a lot and Devlin is an injury worry.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 32
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2019, 05:41:33 PM »
The words I saw attributed to DM last night were "treating it as a hamstring tear". You'd need an ultrasound scan to confirm that which I presume the club doc would have done by now. I wholeheartedly concur that Gash and Shug would have been made aware that Devlin seems to miss large chunks of every season he plays. Had he not been made of glass, I'm certain he would have been made club captain but that's pointless if a player is unavailable for 25-50% of each season.