Author Topic: Betting  (Read 22585 times)

Offline SeeBass

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: -76
Re: Betting
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2018, 10:38:31 PM »
Got a (10/1) winning steal in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here last December when Toff from Made In Chelsea won said show and we had £50 on her. 

Going for Mark Selby each way for next week's Snooker Players Championship on ITV4.  Won't meet O'Sullivan til Final so 1/2 odds 1-2 at (7/1) given how badly The Jester from Leicester has played all season is a risk worth taking.     

Love doing a Both Teams To Score Coupon but only do four games maximum nowadays.  Tomorrow we have Huddersfield Town vs Crystal Palace, Gillingham vs Blackburn Rovers, Shrewsbury Town vs Scunthorpe United and Crewe Alexandra vs Coventry City.

Watch out for a horse called ARNARSON on All Weather too.

Offline kiriakovisthenewstrachan

• First Team
  • Rating: 8
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 11:18:30 AM »
Aberdeen v Dundee today, Ladbrokes odds are:

Dons 6/10
Draw 14/5
Dundee 5/1

Here's some interesting ones
Kenny McLean to have 3+ shots 21/10
Dons 3-0 11/1
Time of Dons 1st goal 21-30 minutes 6/1
McLean for 1st goal 12/1

and finally one for the pessimists 0-2 is 33/1.

Good luck  :thumbsup:

Offline tintin

• Globe Reds Member
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 01:35:51 PM »
Be interested to see how this works out.

Back in the day (when the Sky Monday night game was the game of the week) the bet was 1pt on the draw, if it didn’t win first week then 2pts and likewise 3pts in week three. More often as not you had a draw before three games completed. Usually paid for the beer money that you spent to go to the pub to watch “the big game”

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -162
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 01:55:39 PM »
As well as our NOD - nailed on (win) double - we ran a draw double where we tried to pick a draw each. After 16 efforts, my mate had picked 7 draws, I had picked 6 but only 3 of the 16 resulted in draw doubles. Which was fine as a draw double pays 10/1 so we were in profit but last Saturday I pulled the plug on it and suggested we do a Quad (fourfold) instead, two win picks each.

It's too random, picking draws, like trying to shoot fish in a barrel. Anything can happen and the bookies are always going to win offering just over 2/1 for the draw.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 10:40:32 PM »
Hit the post today Rocket.

Back on it for tomorrow I'd need to go with Roma away to Crotone.

Personally today I also hit the post with my bets - had three trebles on, got 2 out of 3 in all of them (if that's not a sign to reduce selections to a double I don't know what is...) but had the princely sum of 3 quid on Killie to beat the Devil's XI @ 8/1. Small winnings are always sweeter when it comes courtesy of the huns losing.  :thumbsup:
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 10:46:58 PM »
Can't believe Juve tonight. Cost me a fortune in potential returns. I watched it too. Bastards.

Ok let's go again. £10 on Roma (8/15) and Dortmund (4/9).

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 10:53:25 PM »
Can't believe Juve tonight. Cost me a fortune in potential returns. I watched it too. Bastards.

Ok let's go again. £10 on Roma (8/15) and Dortmund (4/9).

But also shows you how hard football betting can be. That's a result for the bookies as well as Napoli.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 11:00:16 PM »
But also shows you how hard football betting can be. That's a result for the bookies as well as Napoli.

True. I've done a tenner on Lazio (4/11) & Roma as well.

I'll pull in this one to our spreadsheet if Dortmund suffer a hangover from their exertions in Austria :)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2018, 03:50:58 PM »
After 2 bets: -

BB 100%, RS 50%

Balance (between us) = +£4.65

I bet most days that end in y so you decide when you want your next pick. Tuesday has a reasonably big card to choose from.

Off and running...

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2018, 06:07:53 PM »
After 2 bets: -

BB 100%, RS 50%

Balance (between us) = +£4.65

I bet most days that end in y so you decide when you want your next pick. Tuesday has a reasonably big card to choose from.

Off and running...

:thumbsup:

From Tuesday's card I'd pick Shrewsbury - good away record, and going up against Northampton who have Ash Taylor playing for them.  Better than even money at the moment so a departure from my other picks but some of the "nailed on" teams in terms of prices seem a bit off to me.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2018, 06:20:31 PM »
:thumbsup:

From Tuesday's card I'd pick Shrewsbury - good away record, and going up against Northampton who have Ash Taylor playing for them.  Better than even money at the moment so a departure from my other picks but some of the "nailed on" teams in terms of prices seem a bit off to me.

The beauty of good odds picks like that - and Shrews is a great value bet at that price (5/4) - is that we can risk less for a better return.

Doubled with Dunfermline away to the hapless hopeless Brechin @ 2/5. Fiver on it.

Edit: Typo. Dunf 4/9. £16.25 back hopefully.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:27:36 PM by rocket_scientist »

• First Team
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 12:35:18 PM »
So tempted to back Tiger Woods to win the Arnold Palmer this weekend but picking a golf tournament winner is a bit of a lottery.  He's 13/2 after a good first round.

Tied 5th in the end following a 2nd place the week before.

Lump your money on him for the Masters at 10/1.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2018, 02:00:10 PM »
I love a challenge Rocket so keen to try your system.

My first £2.50 double this weekend is going on Schalke to win away to Wolfsburg and Hearts to beat Thistle at Tynecastle.  Both are 23/20 shots which if successful will get me back £11.56.   :thumbsup:

So tempted to back Tiger Woods to win the Arnold Palmer this weekend but picking a golf tournament winner is a bit of a lottery.  He's 13/2 after a good first round.

Good shooting loon, £9.06 up after one double. The home came in a lot easier than the away but great start, 2 x odds against.

Keep us posted of your second double picks and your stake. Let's see who's the most in profit come May.

10/1 not enuf to tempt me. Tiger was rusty this weekend but great to have him back.

• First Team
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 08:27:27 AM »
Keep us posted of your second double picks and your stake. Let's see who's the most in profit come May.

I'm going £5 double on Ayr away to Albion Rovers tonight 2/5 and Dunfermline to beat Brechin 4/9.  Possible £10.11 return.

Tomorrow the same on Liechtenstein 7/10 to beat Andorra and Macclesfield away at Maidstone 6/4.  Possible return on that one is £21.25.  Never thought I would ever find myself cheering on Liechtenstein.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »
I'm going £5 double on Ayr away to Albion Rovers tonight 2/5 and Dunfermline to beat Brechin 4/9.  Possible £10.11 return.

Coincidence, my mate picked Ayr and Dunfermline is my pick. Dunno which bookies you use or whether the prices have come in but I got 4/9 on Ayr and 9/20 on Dunf on McBookie. I tend to stick with bet365 or them as they usually are in amongst the best odds.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2018, 09:45:11 PM »
After 3 bets: -

BB 67%, RS 67%

33% NOD.

Balance (between us) = -35p

Saturday next.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:41:32 PM by rocket_scientist »

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2018, 09:47:03 PM »

Tomorrow the same on Liechtenstein 7/10 to beat Andorra and Macclesfield away at Maidstone 6/4.  Possible return on that one is £21.25.  Never thought I would ever find myself cheering on Liechtenstein.

£14.17 in profit after 2, 100% picks, 4/4. Great start min.

• First Team
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2018, 08:59:07 AM »
£14.17 in profit after 2, 100% picks, 4/4. Great start min.

:thumbsup: So far so good

• First Team
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2018, 09:03:13 AM »
Going for Mark Selby each way for next week's Snooker Players Championship on ITV4.  Won't meet O'Sullivan til Final so 1/2 odds 1-2 at (7/1) given how badly The Jester from Leicester has played all season is a risk worth taking.     

Selby is struggling for a bit of form Seabass.  I watched a bit of the Rocket last night and he looks untouchable at the moment.  He's down to just 5/2 for the World Championship.  Not much money to be made from him.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 09:06:20 AM »
:thumbsup: So far so good

I hope you continue it tonight cos inspired by your picks, I've put Lichtenstein at evens in a double with Wigan tonight. Plus a treble on three teams I've never heard of from the Italian and German lower leagues.

The reason I'm backing Lichtenstein is because

1. One of their club sides beat Sevco
2. Andorra are shite
3. Lichtenstein are at home, but most of all
4. You backed them at 7/10 so evens is better value and you're lucky so I'm having some of that  :thumbsup: