Author Topic: DT Politics Thread  (Read 153088 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -192
Re: DT Politics Thread
« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2019, 06:22:24 PM »
Was it like his 'spat' with Paxman on Election night 2005?

Check it out yourself. It's trending on Twitter.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: -54
« Reply #681 on: March 13, 2019, 03:44:06 PM »
That was the best (worst) one yet.

Interviewing the English (and a few Huns) who actually live in Benidorm.

Of course they all want to leave the EU without a deal.

One guy says " This bar would close down if it weren't for the British, that proves that Europe need us more than we need them"

Ignorant arrogant English arsehole, just par for the course.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #682 on: March 14, 2019, 06:43:58 AM »
That was the best (worst) one yet.

Interviewing the English (and a few Huns) who actually live in Benidorm.

Of course they all want to leave the EU without a deal.

One guy says " This bar would close down if it weren't for the British, that proves that Europe need us more than we need them"

Ignorant arrogant English arsehole, just par for the course.

I saw that interview just after it started and thought they were talking to people in Yorkshire. I was very surprised to discover these people actually live in Spain.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #683 on: March 18, 2019, 04:53:26 PM »
One John Bercow
There’s only one John Bercow

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #684 on: March 18, 2019, 05:07:12 PM »
Aye he's pretty much inserted a stick of dynamite up May's hoop and lit the fuse.

Just wondering now if she will resign and let someone else have a go or else go rogue and they to force through a no deal just to get back at Bercow

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #685 on: March 18, 2019, 05:29:19 PM »
All he's really done is be the referee who awarded a penalty against Sevco at Ibrox.

Despite it being a stonewaller the Tories are behaving the same as the Huns would.

Did anyone see Andrea Leadsom's face?

Nae Happy

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -17
« Reply #686 on: March 18, 2019, 09:13:08 PM »
Leadsom can get it right up her. Horrible human being.

Fuck knows where all this will end but running down the clock has not worked. There’s been too many (on both sides of the commons) putting their parties first, before the national interest.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #687 on: March 19, 2019, 09:23:14 AM »
Running down the clock has worked perfectly well, I just hope it doesn't end in a happy Hatchet Face.

John Bercow is a star, May has treated absolutely everyone she has come in contact with with contempt.

They were talking about meaningful vote 4

More bullying, more bribes.

Remember she didn't want parliament to be allowed a vote at all.

Terrified of going back to the country in case she has to face up to the true "will of the people" she just keeps on going.

I wish someone would take her batteries out.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 74
« Reply #688 on: April 24, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »
2021. The year that Scotland breaks free.

Offline Tyrant

• Administrator
  • Rating: 118
« Reply #689 on: April 24, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »
2021. The year that Scotland breaks free.

Nicely put Rico.  :thumbsup:

Offline tom_widdows

• Captain
  • Rating: 38
  • Miserable Cúnt & Architectural Killjoy
« Reply #690 on: May 26, 2019, 10:32:24 PM »
Turnout in EU elections supposedly up from 4 years back

Farage's horde 'winning' alot in the North of England.  ::)

Scotland so far SNP up 10% on 4 years ago
Farage & co currently on 15% of the vote  ::)
Lib Dems up 5%
Labour taking the bigger kicking so far down nearly 18%
I'm a man, and as a man I crave disappointment.

That's why I support Aberdeen Football Club & Scotland.

Offline Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 33
« Reply #691 on: May 27, 2019, 01:03:12 AM »
Hefty old (and deserved) boot in the baws for both Tories and Labour.

Tories in 5th place overall  :laughing:

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #692 on: May 27, 2019, 06:52:04 AM »
The conservatives got their worst result since 1832.

Ok, this was MEP voting but the core Tory support is evaporating.

You can't take the piss for this long and expect to get away with it.

Unless the electorate are stupid.

Which they are/were in middle England and NE Scotland.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #693 on: June 11, 2019, 07:58:05 AM »
The beauty is that the Conservative party are facing their biggest humiliation ever.

Because none of her successors are electable.

They wheeled out many of the ten candidates to succeed May yesterday and they are laughably wrong.

Our own Gove, a NE loon, is mad. How he thinks the UK can vote him into office in a General Election is remarkable. Did he forget how unpopular he was up here? Does he think that career professional arselicking qualifies him for leadership?

Hunt and Hammond are also of the same non-alpha male public schoolboy ilk. These cunts couldn't get anywhere close to gaining support from the electorate.

It's a free run for Boris and that's dangerous. He will win this at a landslide but surely we can't vote for him in a GE? They've conducted an excellent and sustained smear campaign against Corbyn, who's so piss weak he couldn't counter it but it's all gone very wrong at Westminster.

Offline donsdaft

• Midfield Maestro
« Reply #694 on: June 11, 2019, 09:36:28 AM »
The Labour Party have got get shot of Corbyn, but I'm not sure that they can now.

I might have just dreamed this but, the EU extension until 31st October, wasn't there a review somewhere halfway along where the EU could withdraw the extension if they felt nothing was being done?

Nobody's talked about it since so I could have just made it up.

It would be fuckin hilarious if the Guffs were thrown out.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #695 on: June 11, 2019, 09:42:48 AM »
They've conducted an excellent and sustained smear campaign against Corbyn, who's so piss weak he couldn't counter it but it's all gone very wrong at Westminster.

This. In fairness to him, the media - including yer left of centre media (Guardian etc) - have offered him little air time to combat anything. It was notable that his population increased at last election time when he was actually given time to discuss policy. Labour will need far more than that though if they are to win a general election. It's a strange one. I expect a lot of people would support many of Corbyn's policies (many wouldn't, of course). If you replaced Corbyn with Starmer or Thornberry (for example) then you'd lose the policies too I expect; moving central, blurring the lines between Labour and Lib Dems. It gets to the heart of what the purpose of the Labour party is. I don't think it's that nuanced any more. To me, yer Thornberrys and Watsons serve very little purpose - the political candidate equivalent of avoiding the question: "We are not the Torys" being their strongest selling point. I'm not a Labour or Corbyn supporter mind, I just find it intriguing that we/they have such a personal focus on an individual at the expense of what could be a decent set of policies that encapsulate what the Labour party was traditionally set up to represent. If I were a Labour MP and I believed in Corbyn's policies, then I'd be dragging him kicking and screaming over the line if I thought he were incompetent in the understanding that the policies and party were far more important than the leader. That doesn't seem to be happening, which suggests that either the Labour MPs are incapable of doing that or that they don't believe in the policy/manifesto. In reality, no MP should need to be led by anyone if they're even remotely competent as an individual. They should all be leaders. Rather, it seems that they may all be careerists like they're Tory counterparts. Oh well, FPTP anyway; total horseshite.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #696 on: June 11, 2019, 09:59:21 AM »
This. In fairness to him, the media - including yer left of centre media (Guardian etc) - have offered him little air time to combat anything.

Yes. The reality is that the smear campaign started from day one and it was perpetrated by the media, the whole media and nothing but the media. Which begs the question, who are the media?

They, like the tories are instruments of the "owners of the free world". They are not independent. The press and TV are owned by scum sympathetic to the "globalist" agenda. Proper investigative journalism doesn't exist for the masses, who's imagination doesn't extend beyond the mass media. It's a simple strategy designed to conceal and obfuscate the truth and for the most part, it's worked. Thus far. The screaming gluepots who are up for succeeding May are a step too far though.

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #697 on: June 11, 2019, 10:38:26 AM »
But is it as a result of his policies, or the man himself? Can you separate the two and continue with one and not the other? Or would that result in the same coverage, replacing Corbyn with another person. Let's say Jess Phillips took on the Corbyn manifesto. A decent communicator, easily as good as yer best (of 10) Torys in most departments. Would she face the same thing? MacDonald would, obviously, but somebody outwith that - without the history/baggage. Again, it's bizarre that the is even a discussion to be honest. The BBC and it's fucking leader debates have a lot to answer for. At every opportunity it is their responsibility to shout down any comments about the personality and focus on the policy. I don't believe there is huge bias in their coverage, just wholescale incompetence and laziness. They allow themselves to be dictated by the stories in the press rather than take an objective look at the importance of each subject. Never allowing a discussion on a single topic to get deep enough to be understood by the average viewer. More harm than good in my opinion.

Offline wee toon red

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #698 on: June 11, 2019, 11:30:21 AM »
But is it as a result of his policies, or the man himself? Can you separate the two and continue with one and not the other? Or would that result in the same coverage, replacing Corbyn with another person. Let's say Jess Phillips took on the Corbyn manifesto. A decent communicator, easily as good as yer best (of 10) Torys in most departments. Would she face the same thing? MacDonald would, obviously, but somebody outwith that - without the history/baggage. Again, it's bizarre that the is even a discussion to be honest. The BBC and it's fucking leader debates have a lot to answer for. At every opportunity it is their responsibility to shout down any comments about the personality and focus on the policy. I don't believe there is huge bias in their coverage, just wholescale incompetence and laziness. They allow themselves to be dictated by the stories in the press rather than take an objective look at the importance of each subject. Never allowing a discussion on a single topic to get deep enough to be understood by the average viewer. More harm than good in my opinion.

Agreed. The personification of UK politics began a long time ago but it's gathered pace recently as we move more and more to assuming our position as the 51st state.
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -17
« Reply #699 on: June 11, 2019, 11:53:30 AM »
Dream scenario for me is BoJo winning the leadership contest, immediately facing (and losing) a vote of no confidence in parliament, becoming one of the shortest serving prime ministers ever.  Would be funny as fuck.

I don't think it's beyond possibility.