Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs. Hibs

Not many tickets left for this one apparently, so hopefully be close if not a complete sell out. They usually bring some fans along, but maybe the possibility of finishing above hearts will spur a few more. They’ll be buoyed by their win against saints but hopefully the boys realise what’s at stake. I’m sure Robson will have them fired up for this one. Our record against them at home is decent and enough, and we’ll put the last game between us as a Goodwin result.

Not sure I’d make many if any changes for this one. Maybe duk just to give him a kick up the arse to take these chances he’s getting? He’s still raw and we’re seeing that over the last couple of games but feels like he’s been a little off the boil.

out

bed

bed

morning dad duty

1-0 Dons, clarkson

From what I saw of Sunday’s game I thought Coulson struggled. Would be tempted to bring in Kennedy to play at right wing back. This is game we have to win to realistically have a chance of finish 3rd. Spoonburners I have been speaking to are starting to talk about catching Hearts and think they can win on Saturday. Could be a cracking game. Already had to rebook train due to LNER cancelling train so now on stupidly early train. Might be a messy day.

In

train then pub for opening

Y

pub then train

2-1 Miovski and Clarkson

No tickets left in the Mainer,having to mingle with the great unwashed (section Y)😷

Big crowd should work in our favour.Don't think the Hun result should have much affect on the players.Need to get at the Hibs defence early

In - Y

Pre/post - Driving

Prediction - 3 - 1 Dons Miovski,Clarkson,Hayes

6 hours ago, Jute said:

From what I saw of Sunday’s game I thought Coulson struggled. Would be tempted to bring in Kennedy to play at right wing back. This is game we have to win to realistically have a chance of finish 3rd. Spoonburners I have been speaking to are starting to talk about catching Hearts and think they can win on Saturday. Could be a cracking game. Already had to rebook train due to LNER cancelling train so now on stupidly early train. Might be a messy day.

In

train then pub for opening

Y

pub then train

2-1 Miovski and Clarkson

Defensively I didn't think Coulson did too bad 2bf, he kept trying to do too much by himself going forward and kept losing the ball. My main preference is having Mcrorie back in but the club have been suspiciously tight lipped on what the story is there and I do wonder if we will see him in red again. I did find it interesting that Coulson was picked over Kennedy in the first place and was very surprised to see Coulson play rwb

Not seen too much of hibs lately but did see the highlights against St Mirren.   They look not bad going forward (though the St mirren defence  helped them at every opportunity) but I can't see them getting more than one against our back line.  Defensively they don't seem to be able to defend any kind of measured aerial ball.  All St mirren chances came with either a cross or a dinked ball all over the defence for a striker to run onto.  2bh my first thought was Clarkson, Miovski and Duk will have a field day against this back line and that's what I think will probably happen.  

3-0 dons Miovski, Duk and Pollock

17 hours ago, manc_don said:

Not sure I’d make many if any changes for this one. Maybe duk just to give him a kick up the arse to take these chances he’s getting? He’s still raw and we’re seeing that over the last couple of games but feels like he’s been a little off the boil.

Off the boil? Because he's gone two games (both v Rangers) without scoring, after scoring three in the previous two games?

<Insert "not sure if serious" meme>

16 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

My main preference is having Mcrorie back in but the club have been suspiciously tight lipped on what the story is there and I do wonder if we will see him in red again

He's having a hernia operation apparently. I'm guessing that if he has it now then he'll be able to pass a medical when the window opens. Fairly pragmatic from the club I suppose, and probably not something that you want to risk leaving too long if it can be avoided in case of further injury. Even if he's staying, it'd be just as beneficial for him not to miss any of pre season training here. Don't know the turnaround on a hernia, but probably safe to assume we won't see him again, and definitely not at Pittodrie. Coulson on his wrong foot gives me the fear, but at least it suggests that Kennedy won't be getting a new deal, which a miniscule part of me was still fearful of!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Panda said:

Off the boil? Because he's gone two games (both v Rangers) without scoring, after scoring three in the previous two games?

<Insert "not sure if serious" meme>

Not in any way having a go at him, just don’t think he’s been as effective the last couple of games. It’s more a point about that he’s going to be a bit inconsistent as he’s still a raw talent. As I said, the only possible change I’d make, I’d be happy enough if it was unchanged. He’s set himself a very high bar in terms of performances.

• Like 1

Fabulous it is sold out, bit gutted I won't be there!!

Did we not beat Hibs the Saturday after Gothenburg at Pittodrie?? 5-0 if I remember!! 

Hopefully a brilliant atmosphere and plenty goals! 

OOT

Run, walk, bodybalance class

Lunch & wine bar 

Eurovison & lots of fizz 

😊

46 minutes ago, Goldie03 said:

Did we not beat Hibs the Saturday after Gothenburg at Pittodrie?? 5-0 if I remember!! 

OOT

Lunch & wine bar 

Eurovison & lots of fizz 

😊

Indeed we did.

One of the earliest times I've ever been in a football ground pre kick off.

Ground full, gates shut at the back of 2pm if I mind correctly 

49 minutes ago, Goldie03 said:

OOT

Lunch & wine bar 

Eurovison & lots of fizz 

😊

Sounds like your perfect day 😉

2 hours ago, BigAl said:

Indeed we did.

One of the earliest times I've ever been in a football ground pre kick off.

Ground full, gates shut at the back of 2pm if I mind correctly 

Hibs players lined up and applauded us onto the pitch too.  👍

Yip,got away with a 0 - 0. We were frustrating to watch,just couldn't get into a rythym,whereas Hibs were slick and effective ,shoulda won by a couple.Duk was in discomfort from the first half and off the pace as a result,as were a few others.

Got away with re Hearts,surely be a bit more disciplined next game.

That was an impressively honking game of fitba. Turgid stuff. Difficult to pick a worst performer, but 5 or 6 made a good case for it today. Pollock and Coulson deserve special mentions, with Duk putting in a tremendous attempt too. Even Clarkson wasn't at the races today, and Duncan was poor, although senior players should be taking the responsibility with Ramadani showing his limitations as a footballer as well. Miovski was okay and Roos comfortably man of the match. The subs took things to a whole new level of shiteness, and showed extremely poor judgement. Dogshit like Markanday and Morris should be nowhere near our team, which they've proven already. Richardson was worse than Coulson at his worst, as expected. Bavidge should have been on, and Barron should have replaced Duncan with Clarkson moving forward.

VAR once again wrecking football as a spectator sport. 

• Like 1

Never seen the game. Was listening in and it sounded like Hibs were all over us. Yet again roos has come to the rescue.

I've said it a few times now. We can't rely on a solid back line, world class saves and a duk miracle every week. 

The results that we were getting were excellent but the performance hasn't really been. 

That said, fair play to the boys at the back again. Scraping a valuable point.