Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Robson confirmed

2 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

In fairness, I don't think we do have a good squad. We've probably got a good first eleven. Maybe another 2-3. Then we're not very good at all. The balance is absolutely atrocious too, meaning change isn't that easy. That's to be expected with such a large turnover of course, and we've had a full strength team to choose from on numerous occasions. I expect that it won't be long until we hear how much we've missed big Shayden. 

I'd say, considering the turnover of players and the likelihood that every signing is not going to a good one, that our summer recruitment was good. It's certainly capable of being third, and if we were to change Robson the new man wouldn't be coming into a shitshow like previous new managers.

Few things,

I guess the next question is, what does Steven Gunn do? Director of Football Operations, does he discuss the team and how we play/success, or is that left to Robson? What is gunn’s job? I agree with Rico, this is three inexperienced managers in a row failing drastically, and all three could be sacked within a year. Not the way we want to go. Does the director take responsibility here??

Problem I see with Robson is that I don’t think he’s a particularly smart guy. Haven’t heard anything to suggest he can fix our current mess, and haven’t seen anything different on the field to suggest he’s trying. I’d say Goodwin and glass sounded more intelligent, more tactically aware, I just think Robson is pretty much a motivator. Sounds much like yogi Hughes…

We’re awful to watch and the squad is very inflexible. Next window is massive. Realistically though, how much change can we expect. If we’re being honest we have no legit wingers and need a Rama replacement. Or is the new rama based on last year, a 352, and an excelling duk?? we have vinnie, an aging Hayes, maybe mcgarry, but the formation would have to change. Can we honestly see 3 quality signings that walk into the team? 352 came about because duk couldn’t play wide and we went two up top. Surely it’s time to move on from duk and this formation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

I’d say Goodwin and glass sounded more intelligent, more tactically aware, I just think Robson is pretty much a motivator. Sounds much like yogi Hughes.

Nah I'm gonna defend Robson here, I'd say he is tactically more aware than Goodwin, who was hopeless. Goodwin just articulated himself better in interviews.

Yesterday was the first full  game I have watched since the Hibs defeat as for various reasons I haven't been around for the European games or even to listen to the radio.

It really wasn't pretty, disjointed with no enthusiasm from the players, couldn't handle Vassel, I actually found myself thinking how good Killie looked in comparison.

I think we all knew we would struggle in the league games during our European run but it looks like we are at the start of another dismal run. We are in this never ending cycle of rehauling the squad every summer then waiting for January to rectify our shortcomings and the manager always being under an insane amount of pressure.

I think Robson needs a line manager as Rico says, sometimes who can evaluate his performances every week. I really don't want us to be sacking another manager. Would almost rather Cormack said Robson stays till the end of the season no matter what................but then I remember the week of Dsrvel and ER and obviously fuck that!! 

• Like 1