Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Clarkson

8 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Not overly fussed.I like him,but were only getting a good game in around 3.Game on Sunday might suit him though,hope he hangs around for that

Exactly that. He's a quality player who'll undoubtedly get better and better, but he's probably been fortunate to have had as many minutes for us as he has. Further up the pitch is definitely his best position at the moment, because he's always looking for that quick ball in behind that others don't spot in time. That leads to a few poor decisions, but it's better to have tried in my opinion. That's what will set him apart in future. He could be the difference between winning and losing a game some weeks, so it'd be great to see him stay until Monday. Just until we get the work permit sorted for the new Slovakian world beater who can bring us home the cup.

• Like 2

Clarkson is undoubtedly a good player but as yet not consistent (why he is with us) or physically strong enough to play at top level. Good luck to him if he does go to the Championship in England as he will get battered up and down the pitch down their as it is a very physical league. 

4 hours ago, Jute said:

Clarkson is undoubtedly a good player but as yet not consistent (why he is with us) or physically strong enough to play at top level. Good luck to him if he does go to the Championship in England as he will get battered up and down the pitch down their as it is a very physical league. 

The kid would be far better going to a more technical league.  Spain or Portugal would be where I would be advising him if I was his agent. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jute said:

Was that not where he was before and that’s exactly what happened?