Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

(Supposedly) Iconic Films

BigAl

Just watching a programme on Channel 4 just now about the year 1982.

Film of the year was E.T and it set me thinking that I can honestly say that I have never watched this film.

Putting that aside, I thought what other films that fall into the iconic category have I not seen and suddenly thought about Top Gun.

Sure there must be others and that will spring to mind in the coming days, but what about everyone else  what supposed iconic  films have you still to watch guys ?

• BigAl changed the title to (Supposedly) Iconic Films

Havent had a TV for years,and only go to the cinema randomly.Think Ive seen Die Hard and Back to the future,not sure if all the way through though,...not seen ET.Last blockbuster I saw was at the cinema for the 3 Lord of the rings films.Struggled to stay awake during the first 2,last one was brilliant

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/01/2023 at 01:33, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Interesting topic BigAl.  I've never seen Back to the future.

Oh man. Part1 always has a place in my All Time Top Ten movies. It's the little details that Zemeckis adds in, like the Twin Pines Mall becoming the Lonely Pine Mall after Marty takes a tree out when crashing into 1955.

Iconic movies I've never seen? I've never watched The Dark Knight in full, have never seen Seven or any of the Mad Max movies. I saw Inglorious Bastards and The Shining for the first time over the Xmas break

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, tlg1903 said:

Saw the first one, I can see why folk like it if that's your bag but it bored the shit out of me.  

I was very late onto The Godfather bandwagon, but I agree I don't see what makes it such an iconic film. I love a good Mafia movie, but I put Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco and Untouchables well above the GF Trilogy. Pesonal opinion though  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...