Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v St Johnstone Consi’s return

4 days before the game and no game day thread. See everyone is buzzing for this. No idea how we will line up for this other than I expect back 4 to stay. Really need to win this but not sure we will. 

In

Bus then pub

Y

Bus

1-0 Considine og after beating 4 of his own players.

Was going to set this up this morning but was too hungover to face the thought about writing about both us and saints. 

can’t see us winning this one, given we struggled against the bottom side. Consi will get his own back this time.

out

some playground

catching up with mates

as above

1-0, no dons scorer

Can't believe they've scheduled this the same day as Elgin City v East Fife.

We'll win, we have to. If not the build up to the semi-final will be miserable (and Hearts could be 11 points ahead by the time we play them).

New goalkeeper 

McCrorie New-RCB New-LCB Coulson

Ramadani Barron

Duncan Clarkson Hayes

Duk

1-0, Considine to help his old team out by throwing one in. 

2 hours ago, sheepheid said:

I thought Kennedy and McCrorie did well together on the right against County, particularly in the first half. Lacked that but of quality on the final ball but both worked tirelessly up and down the right. 

I don't think Kennedy was bad, but he wouldn't go beyond the fullback, which caused us problems, especially with Duk doing the same on the other side. He managed to take his man on several times, but the defence was always in shape and ready for the cross. I don't think their crossing was particularly bad, it's just that they allowed the defence back in and completely narrowed the margins in terms of our player getting on the end of it. At one point in the second half we had two on three in the box when Duk got it out wide, and by the time he crossed it was eight on three. Duncan is far more direct and will make the run beyond the fullback to receive the ball (as Hayes did a couple of times), ready to get an early cross in. That said, we may want to leave that as an option from the bench too.

1 hour ago, OxfordDon said:

Lineup announced:

lineup.png

Disappointed with that tbh, would have been good to continue with McCrorie at RB and start the new Slovakian guy.

Is Saturday's Considine's first return to  Pittodrie since Goodwin took him away from us? And now it's been overshadowed by this Shinnie character?

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

Were doing OK. Think I would take Clarkson off for Besuijen or Duncan..

Miovski needs a goal soon 

Miovski's confidence looks rock bottom.

Even one sclaffed off his shin through the keeper's legs would do him right now

Just back. Reasonable performance and a deserved win. Looked like a team that hasn't won in five, very uncertain in the final third. Once again, slow getting the ball in from the wide areas and unsurprising that it was a punt through the middle that eventually broke them. Ref was pish and var just ruining the experience once again. Good return for Shinnie, who played well, and the back two were solid, with Scales playing well again (assuming the Tims will wait until next week before discussing any potential move). Duk didn't play particularly well, but two goals going through the middle means he has to start there next week. Again, a solid shape and a more organised performance, which is what we'll need next week. Think the subs needed to come sooner and would like to have seen much more of Ramirez and Duncan.

Good old Duk,deserved a hat trick for the effort he puts in.Would have been a nicely worked first goal if allowed.

We were good,not fantastic,but it wasnt a typically eye bleeding Dons/Saints game.We were a bit disjointed in the forward areas though,possibly due to a still unsettled side.I like Clarkson,but maybe thinking he's a luxury in a lot of games.Was calling for him to be subbed at H/T for Besuijen,but he was as ineffective.Fair amount of the Main stand around me getting on Miovskis back.Should have done better TBF.Wondering if both him and Duk could use a bigger unit partner alongside them(seperately).

Mentions to Scales,Diego McRories surges forward,Stewart 😯,and of course Shinnie 👍