Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Tims

Seems weird to be starting this whilst a WC is still on, but here we go!

Most of their squad will likely be back after their WC exploits, just not their croatian contingent? I'd like to hope that we've worked on a few things over this break and it certainly sounds like we've got plans for the Jan window at least.

Don't think we'll be good enough to keep it tight, but we're not good enough to go all guns blazing and go toe to toe. Interesting to see who lines up at RB and if we see any of the youth team who've been in good form, start to make their way into the match day squad.

Sadly, I think they'll be too strong for us, and probably have a buzz about them given some of their squads exploits over the last month.

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
0-3, no dons scorer

Going to have to make a change to the defence as Scales obviously cannot play against his parent club which immediately puts us at a disadvantage. We could bring McKenzie into play left side of a three but that means playing the defensively weak Coulson at left wing back. Other option is to switch to a 4 but Stewart and Richardson have struggled in this formation. Draw back of loaning a player from another team in your league. Early kick off combined with rail strike means I am out for this one which might not be a bad thing. 

Oot

Christmas shopping 

TV if shopping finished

Local game if any on

1-3 Miovski with consolation for Dons. 

1 hour ago, Madbadteacher said:

I just noticed we play this branch of the bigots on Saturday and the other on Tuesday, yet the blue bigots play Thursday so have an extra 2 days to prepare? How the fuck is this fair?

Anyway,

Oot (obviously)

Sleeps

Sleeps (probably)

Getting up to a disappointing result

4-1 to them, Barron

C'mon MBT, you like me have been around long enough not to ask stupid questions like that.

There simply is no such thing as fairness when it comes to Scottish fitba and the erse cheeks.

I have the major fear about these two up coming games against them.

Unless something had been going on behind the scenes that we don't know about then it appears as if we could be sorely lacking in match practice.

It could get messy.

Please prove me wrong.

Away this weekend.Also not confident about both either games.If we can stumble along til the January window without humiliation,and bolster our weak areas with a couple of decent signings (or loans if nothing decent available),maybe sell/move on a player or 2.Enough to continue the general upward trajectory

Do we think Stewart might be keepable if we can improve the right side of defence?

6 minutes ago, redordead said:

Lack of quality from miovski is painful. I really don't see what the hype is. Nae pace, awful touch, no strength and no aggression.

Hits a decent penalty.  He's had about four balls slipped to him and lost out every time.

Harsh. He’s a good player. No point in playing him today if this is our tactics, not the game for him at all.

• Like 1