Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Well vs. Dons

Haven’t got the best record against this mob of late, august was obviously highly frustrating as we played them into form. 

Team should have taken some confidence from the last two results, but that’s not to say our problems have been resolved. I think I’d like to see Ramirez get a few more minutes. It’s not working for Miovski in front of goal, despite his all round play being ok. 

Still, I’d like to see us play our strongest team, be interesting to see if Richardson comes back into the team or not.

out

bed

bed

bed

1-2, Barron and Ramirez

Can't see Goodwin straying from the back 3 without very good reason.  We actually look reasonably solid again as a result of it.  

4 games on the bounce without a goal for Miovski is it?  I would agree, cr99 should be given a start otherwise what is the point in competition for places.  He was impressive again when he came on, he did so well to get that volley on target from outside the box especially given his body position and hi as attitude to being dropped has been 1st class.  

One thing is for sure we are well due a result against this mob but it will be a very difficult game. 

3-1 dons Lopes, cr99 and Miovski to give JG a massive headache for the next game. 

Would expect us to stick 3-5-2 for this one. Richardson will probably come back in for Kennedy which is not a good thing and would expect Barron to come back in for Besuijen in midfield. Bit concerned how a midfield of Ramandani, Clarkson and Barron will cope with the physical challenge of Motherwell. Think Goodwin will stick with Lopes and Miovski as front pairing but Ramirez is pushing hard for a start. Motherwell have lost 3 on the spin although admittedly against top 3 sides but do seem to be struggling for form. However they do like a result against us and with their height will give us issues on set pieces.

In

Lift over then pub. 

Away end 

Lift back to capital

2-2 Miovski and Lopes

Not the worst time to play 'Well,but we said that v Utd. Think I would leave Duk and Miovski to develop their pairing. Might not be the best fixture for Clarkson,but if we can get the ball moving quickly and cause them early problems may be fine. Otherwise Duncan might be worth a shout in there.

Cautious optimism Well 1 - Dons 3 Duk,Clarkson,McRorie

Decent half (I turned on just after the goal - an awesome finish). Duk looking good and we're pressing hard in attack and midfield. Stewart and Richardson playing well. Ramadani letting his man ghost past him on a couple of occasions a bit worrying. Otherwise, keep it up and we'll be fine.

First game I’ve seen in a while, not impressed so far. Besides a lovely finish from bojan, it’s been more Motherwell than us and they should have equalized. Don’t see Barron and clarkson as a good partnership, too similar, and they’ve been dominated in there. Barron understandably doesn’t look sharp. Think we miss the energy and drive of mccrorie in there. Hoping for an imprepoved second half, we are making them look decent, much like we did to Dundee utd.

This game has turned in the second half.

Never really felt we were under pressure in the first half and I thought we were more likely yo score a second than them getting an equaliser.

Now however with 25 mins to go and all to play for this could go either way and can'tbsay I am feeling overly confident right now

Big result. Great finish from miovski which was pretty much his only contribution of the day. Boy needs to seriously hit the gym.

Duk was excellent and unlucky not to score more.

McKenzie looks back to his best and the three in the middle done a great turn in the first half 

Special mention to Stewart for Having big kev in his pocket.

Subs were bizarre for me but we got the points.

The well controlled the second half and we didn't really seem to have an alternative plan which was worrying.

Thankfully the duk is on fire.

• Like 1