Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Hearts

So after that embarrassingly disastrous game against the arabs, we have Hearts at home. We have a chance here given we are at home, but we'll no doubt play hearts back into form too.  The other positive is they'll be coming back from Florence, hopefully a pumping there with a few injuries for good measure. Huge shake up of mentality required, and I'm hopeful we'll see a reaction. Too many didn't turn up last weekend, it's not like the chances weren't there. 

How do we set up? Do we move McCrorie out to the right? Personally, I can't see it, not unless Richardson is injured. I'd like to see Barron get more of a run out too, but we can't rush him back, especially against a team like Hearts.  Is it time to drop Miovski?

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
2-1 Dons, McCrorie and Duk

I'd think that McRorie to right back is the best move. I said at the start of the season that it'd probably be his best position given his lack of football ability for midfield and positioning for defence. Stewart needs the support too that McRorie's work rate (it's the lack of work rate that has been the most disappointing aspect of Richardson's game) will provide. Clarkson has to come back in, and I'd probably have Barron too (as you say, injury allowing). Maybe bench Vinny. Miovski I'd keep in the team at this stage. He had a terrible game at the weekend, but that was clear from the fifth minute and the time to deal with that was around 50 minutes into that game. Strikers should be allowed an off day and he's generally been good, especially at home. Ramirez should have been given 40 minutes to prove himself, but wasn't, so let Miovski start with a view to replacing at halftime if he's not at it. It has to be one of those two for me, as Duk has serious positional issues. He's like the ball-chasing primary kid. The opponents just drift away from him, and I don't think you can afford that against a half decent team. For me, that rules him out playing alongside another striker (unless as a sub when required), and when he's played up front on his own he rarely seems available to receive the ball. He's like a guy with lots of talent that has only ever played in his back garden against some chairs. I'm not sure how he's ever going to work.

Goodwins presser on Thursday will be an interesting watch.  Hopefully the club will have received the docket with the sfa's justification for their penalty by then.  Even if not though this will be the first we are hearing from him since Saturday and he's going to have some big questions to answer. 

Fancy us to win though, we seem much better at home and whilst la viola are not really firing on all cylinders you would think hertz will be coming back from Florence a bit dejected.  

3-1 Miovski, Barron and richardson

Hearts have four defenders out. We have (bar Roberts) a fully fit team. They've also just been away in Italy. We absolutely should be winning this, regardless of the result and performance last week.

Attack them and we'll score. 

Would be happy with this team. It's about time we started cloning players. 

8ACB6A29-7E48-47D3-B039-2D3C57824E2F.thumb.jpeg.ff290b84b992ad106d5cfe845515d912.jpeg

Edited by Panda

Decided at 7pm that I would go up to this so booked trains. Just seen that my train back has been cancelled already. Hopefully one up not cancelled. I think we have to move McCrorie to right back tomorrow so as he can support the clearly struggling Stewart. Going to leave us with a light weight central midfield but better that than continuing with Richardson. Like Panda’s idea of two up front but would rather try Miovski and Ramirez. Cannot see Goodwin going with two up anyway. Diets are there for the taking tomorrow with injuries plus travel to and from Italy so failure to win will raise serious questions about management and players.  

In Scotrail permitting

Train then pub

Y

Jog back for train to capital

2-0 Miovski and Ramirez

AD007FE6-C314-447D-BB4D-520C2AF5EFC5.thumb.jpeg.a29529e071e5eb7f72975f1b4bc2bd28.jpeg4F52F0CB-58D8-4846-858A-8BF06F20E03A.thumb.jpeg.20060372208288ff60ea7720e08d2c36.jpeg

Hayes & Coulson injured apparently. One missing is a blow - both out is worrying.

Two strikers though. Four central midfielders (or is McCrorie making it a five-man defence with two wing backs?)

Be interesting to see how we line up.

That actually looks quite an attacking team from Hearts. Might actually see a game of football break out today. 

53 minutes ago, tom_widdows said:

Not got the best quality picture but that looked like a stonewall penalty to hearts?

Thought so to on first viewing (and probably a red card) but on replay the keeper did seem to get the ball.  Can't believe the Hearts player (Grant?) wasn't sent off for going straight through Barron.  Duk's run for the second goal was great...he ambled inside the defender who, even though Duk was struggling with cramp, couldn't keep up with him, Miovski drew 3 defenders leaving Vinny wide open.  Second half performance was much better, thought Scales and McKenzie were excellent.

Glad Duk continued to improve in the second half. Despite the run I thought miovski got bullied today and bottled the only real chance he had.

Loved Jim punching him in the ribs at the end of the game. Hopefully giving him a ribbing about the miss. ( Let's hope the HR department miss it 😁)

As above scales was good and McKenzie is just a winner. His attitude creates that first goal. Be interesting to see if he can keep coulson out of the team.