Jump to content

Scottish Premiershp

Saturday 20 August - kick-off 3pm

St Johnstone v Aberdeen

Stand Free!

League cup: Stirling Albion vs. Dons


Recommended Posts

On 18/07/2022 at 16:00, RicoS321 said:

Massive game tomorrow, looking forward to it. Win this and we've got one hand on the cup.

Think we'll see big Duk ragdolling the Stalbion fucks all over the shop, with Ramirez poking them over the line.

8-1. 8 different scorers.

What a stupid prediction Rico

Eight different scorers seriously 😂😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, redordead said:

Looks like a new Curtis main at this point. Let's hope it's first game nerves.

He looks a lot more fun than Curtis Main. He's more Josh Magennis. Should be ace.

 

Edit: once he loses the three additional stones.

Edited by RicoS321
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, redordead said:

Looks like a new Curtis main at this point. Let's hope it's first game nerves.

Suspect he could be the new Eugene Dadi in more ways than one 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Duk has trained three times in six weeks according to Goodwin, so he's miles off the pace.

Barron to miss the Raith & Celtic games it seems, but Mackenzie back training next week.

Goodwin also admitted McCrorie moving into defence late on was him beginning to prepare for the Celtic game, with Scales not available. Though says Bates and Milne also being considered.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Panda said:

Duk has trained three times in six weeks according to Goodwin, so he's miles off the pace.

Barron to miss the Raith & Celtic games it seems, but Mackenzie back training next week.

Goodwin also admitted McCrorie moving into defence late on was him beginning to prepare for the Celtic game, with Scales not available. Though says Bates and Milne also being considered.

It's very obvious that duk has missed training. Think the 45 minutes of match sharpness is wasted on a guy so far behind. Probably a bit harsh, but there's a risk of injury to think about too.

Barron a huge loss. Ramadani strikes me as being very much like Jack (but with added incisive passing), covering the fullbacks and having a great understanding of the game. He'll need somebody dynamic, willing to run and good on the ball. With McRorie moving back, we have nobody that resembles that (he doesn't adequately do those either). 

McRorie has proven to be fairly honking at left centre back, I find it very strange that Stewart can't be switched and expect he'd fair a lot better on his wrong foot. It's a dubious move, made more dubious by removing McRorie from midfield with no adequate replacement. I'm surprised Hancock isn't in the running for left centre back, as he looks like a centre back. I'm guessing he's first in line for left back, which makes that side of the defence even more important. I'd move Stewart across and play Bates. Think that's the least worse option.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was a little disappointed in Duk to be honest but sounds like the guy has done very little in two months, plus just got here. Looked overweight and I assume has zero match sharpness. He's also a young lad too trying to create a good first impression so I'm sure he was excited/nervous. Unlike Miovski and Ramadani who are full internationalists, Duk has been signed as pure potential coming from a B/reserve set up. Showed some skill and pace, curious to see how he does, and based on what we saw yesterday I wouldn't mind seeing two up top with him playing off Ramirez/Miovski. He'll definitely give us a different look/option.

Thought the subbing yesterday was rather odd/poor and didn't help us in the second half. A little too much change. Too much juggling and it was nice to see consistency in the first 2 1/2 games. If the plan was Celtic prep then sub Scales, ideally keeping Hancock at LB or move Hayes back. Not quite sure what we did with Jack Milne yesterday, thought he was a defender now and I don't think did much in midfield.....if that's where he was playing. Also not quite sure where Watkins was playing?? We've been at our best in recent seasons playing players in their natural positions, think we didn't quite have that in the second half.

I agree moving McCrorie back for Celtic hurts midfield and the talk of Barron coming straight back in for the Celtic game baffles me a little. He's no seasoned vet, and hasn't played in a few weeks. I'd rather McCrorie and Ramadani stayed there for the Celtic game, we have more options at the back right now than we do in center mid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OrlandoDon said:

Was a little disappointed in Duk to be honest but sounds like the guy has done very little in two months, plus just got here. Looked overweight and I assume has zero match sharpness. He's also a young lad too trying to create a good first impression so I'm sure he was excited/nervous. Unlike Miovski and Ramadani who are full internationalists, Duk has been signed as pure potential coming from a B/reserve set up. Showed some skill and pace, curious to see how he does, and based on what we saw yesterday I wouldn't mind seeing two up top with him playing off Ramirez/Miovski. He'll definitely give us a different look/option.

Thought the subbing yesterday was rather odd/poor and didn't help us in the second half. A little too much change. Too much juggling and it was nice to see consistency in the first 2 1/2 games. If the plan was Celtic prep then sub Scales, ideally keeping Hancock at LB or move Hayes back. Not quite sure what we did with Jack Milne yesterday, thought he was a defender now and I don't think did much in midfield.....if that's where he was playing. Also not quite sure where Watkins was playing?? We've been at our best in recent seasons playing players in their natural positions, think we didn't quite have that in the second half.

I agree moving McCrorie back for Celtic hurts midfield and the talk of Barron coming straight back in for the Celtic game baffles me a little. He's no seasoned vet, and hasn't played in a few weeks. I'd rather McCrorie and Ramadani stayed there for the Celtic game, we have more options at the back right now than we do in center mid.

Lopes is a full internationalist.

Don't disagree with the rest of what you said about him 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought he showed enough to generate a fair bit of hope and expectation.

I loved his overhead kick from a sitting position.

C'mon lads, we're going to be entertained this season, perhaps it's been so long since the Dons were entertaining that nobody actually remembers what it looks like.

 

C'mon The Duke

Edited by donsdaft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...