Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dee’s vs Dons

Back in action after the international break. Feels like an age since we played last. Hopefully the guys will have some confidence after the win against hibs and worked on building on it. 

dees form isn’t great but neither is ours, but I’d hope that we’re heading in the right direction. Hopefully Ramirez finds his scoring touch again, has looked a frustrated figure.

out

bed

bed

bed

2-1 dons, Ramirez and Ferguson 

Supposedly none of the lads who went on international duty have come back with any injuries so would expect them all to play. Kennedy and McGeouch have come back from their holiday with niggles and will miss out. Would be tempted to try Ramirez and Watkins as a 2 but not sure Goodwin will go with a front 2. As Rico said need to win this to have any chance of top 6 and sneaking into Europe. Plus beating Dundee would push them closer to relegation. 

In

train the pub

away end

train straight back as wife has night out.

2-0 Watkins and Ferguson. 

Great first half from the dons on a difficult pitch. Night and day from Glass. We're going long then playing wide, then through the middle. Just a lot of variation to the play, which has made us look like we're going to score a goal throughout the half. 

Ramsay been excellent, he's some player, just glides on the ball. Better than Fraser or McKenna in my opinion and will go all the way if things go right for him. Barron playing really well too, it's fantastic to see the pair of them performing. McLennan and Ferguson also doing well and Gallagher is making good use of the ball from the back. 

Need another goal, but play like we have and that should be no problem.

• Like 2

Not good enough.

Some decent performances but defence soft as a baby's first shite

Would be easy to have a pop at Cheating Beaton (again) and thon Hun cunt Adam charging about the pitch fouling anything that moved BUT in the cold light of day we were the major cause of our own down fall.

4 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Not good enough.

Some decent performances but defence soft as a baby's first shite

Would be easy to have a pop at Cheating Beaton (again) and thon Hun cunt Adam charging about the pitch fouling anything that moved BUT in the cold light of day we were the major cause of our own down fall.

Yep, I think that's fair. I don't even think it's softness in defence, just completely disorganised. To be fair, we've spent the entire season being unable to defend set pieces, so it would be difficult to expect it just to happen. 

Beaton was fucking honking though.

Surprised at how many folk think it’s entirely feasible to win next week. The hibs result was a bit of a freak. I can see hearts winning and us drawing. Would be the typical way of the season. 

anyway, will check out the highlights from this game later. Sounds like the same old problems that have dogged us this all season. Wonder what we can do to get Ramirez out of this funk?

Totally feel we need to punt Lewis this summer, a new keeper is a must. With a 6’6’’ keeper surely he should be more commanding. First goal was a header from about 3 yards off the far post and he’d enough time to attack it, second is exactly the same, he has the time to attack the ball and it’s a header from 6 yards. He’s a total pussy and isn’t commanding at all. In steady decline in my eyes, been poor all season.

Edited by OrlandoDon

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Special mention to Besuijen for the most pathetic dive I have seen in along time. 

One of numerous dives from him during the game. Needs to be told to cut it out now. 

Aye, he needs to learn to dive properly like Ferguson. Diving is okay if you do it in the proper British style. These bloody foreigners with their flamboyant overacting.

4 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Aye, he needs to learn to dive properly like Ferguson. Diving is okay if you do it in the proper British style. These bloody foreigners with their flamboyant overacting.

Not excusing Ferguson’s throwing himself to the floor either but Besuijen’s first instinct is to hit the ground first rather than do something with ball.

1 minute ago, Jute said:

Lewis probably should come for first but second is a defenders ball all day long. Both those goals are really down to pish poor defending more than the Lewis. 

Yep, I'd be inclined to agree. Both are extremely good balls from the fat Hun too, just into an area of uncertainty for the keeper. I'm guessing that they're coached to not come unless you're 100% certain. On both occasions Ferguson has to deal with it, although I'd say the first is just a good goal, the header is right into the ground at the keeper's feet, following a cross dipped perfectly into the back post. Difficult to defend. The second is just poor organising.

10 minutes ago, Jute said:

Not excusing Ferguson’s throwing himself to the floor either but Besuijen’s first instinct is to hit the ground first rather than do something with ball.

So is Ferguson's! He's constantly downing himself instead of playing the game. To me, they're the same thing, both are at it constantly. Ramirez too. I'd be having words with all three as I think it's to the detriment of their games. It's like a shirking of responsibility where they take the easy option of trying to win a free kick. I even thought Ferguson's attempt at the diving header was less effortful than his protests at being fouled. It could be just because the team is low on confidence of course. Besuijen is still young enough that we'll manage to iron it out of him hopefully.

6 hours ago, Jute said:

Lewis probably should come for first but second is a defenders ball all day long. Both those goals are really down to pish poor defending more than the Lewis. 

Totally disagree, it’s a free kick curling towards goal and Ferguson is running straight back to his own goal. It’s a good free kick that challenges defenders and while Ferguson was shit here, Lewis must come out and attack it. With his frame and ability that’s a punched clearance all day long, but he needs to be brave. Which he’s not any more.