Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Hibs

Just back - Wasnt the prettiest game but a welcome 3 points and results going mostly our way.Should take the pressure off a bit and we can play more adventurously from now.

Barron was very good,and Fergie.Even McLennan was more effective than usual,albeit from a low base. Watkins coming back will make a difference,thought we were a bit poor movement wise up front. Good to get the win though

• Like 3

Agree with Elgin, a decent win. Watkins good, Ferguson outstanding (and has to be player of the season at this rate), Barron close behind for me. Thought Besuijen was pish up until his ace finish, and was very lucky not to be on a yellow for diving around like a fud. Ramirez was poor again (I'd have had Ruth on much sooner), but hopefully Watkins will offer him the support he needs up there and takes the pressure off. Gallagher another decent shift at the back. 

Good to see Goodwin encouraging Ramsay, who was utterly honking for the own goal, but recovered to not be totally shite overall. 

The ref was awful. The first pen looked as if the player played it off his own arm, thus shouldn't be a pen. Even if it wasn't, it's a clear example of the shite new handball rule. Giving pens for shite like that isn't sport. The second was a good decision and think he got the red card spot on.

• Like 2

Been very critical of Ferguson in the past, but he was excellent 2nd Half yesterday. Barron was excellent throughout. Young Ramsay needs to reset mentally, he needs to keep his head down and get back to where he was pre December, he's quite a liability defensively, I hope that comes to him the more he Plays, offensively he's very decent, felt sorry and annoyed at the same time yesterday when that OG went in. Centre Backs for the most were comfortable. Overall it was a good performance and a much needed 3 Points. Thoroughly deserved. Last word to Porteous, you're a fucking cretin and a very average defender, still young enough to grow up and mature into a good defender, but I fear the boy is too stupid. 

Onto Dundee next, will be a scrappy game, won't be much quality on display, but it'll be a good indication in terms of the pressing and dig we've lacked a lot this Season, take care of that and we will win comfortably in my opinion.  

31 minutes ago, DixieNormous said:

Last word to Porteous, you're a fucking cretin and a very average defender, still young enough to grow up and mature into a good defender, but I fear the boy is too stupid.

I actually thought he was unlucky yesterday (although he is a cretin, I agree). He'd had a decent game up until the sending off and it was a case of either taking out McRorie or lose the goal. There was no really good option for him, so taking out the player in the hope you can con the ref into believing you were going for the ball wasn't a terrible choice. Just go off when you've been sent off though and don't argue it like a bellend. The fact that Hibs are appealing is delusional.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

I actually thought he was unlucky yesterday (although he is a cretin, I agree). He'd had a decent game up until the sending off and it was a case of either taking out McRorie or lose the goal. There was no really good option for him, so taking out the player in the hope you can con the ref into believing you were going for the ball wasn't a terrible choice. Just go off when you've been sent off though and don't argue it like a bellend. The fact that Hibs are appealing is delusional.

How do you unlike a post? Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

Not sure why Hivs are appealing that, clear as day, although is there something about attempting to get the ball? Not sure he has a leg to stand on as he's clearly just going to take the guy out to try and stop an inevitable goal.

Decent finish from Besuijen, although it looked like he was aiming for the top corner and not where it ended up? Maybe it's just met. But still, great finish and good persistence from Watkins.  A shame the intl' break has come when it has.

26 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Not sure why Hivs are appealing that, clear as day, although is there something about attempting to get the ball? Not sure he has a leg to stand on as he's clearly just going to take the guy out to try and stop an inevitable goal.

Decent finish from Besuijen, although it looked like he was aiming for the top corner and not where it ended up? Maybe it's just met. But still, great finish and good persistence from Watkins.  A shame the intl' break has come when it has.

Maloneys post matcher is verging on the mentally unwell so not surprised to hear they are appealing.   He basically swept his legs from behind, nowhere near the ball.  

Aye, vb's isn't as good when you watch it again but he's hit it well enough 2bf.  

I don't think the international break is so bad right now 2bh mate.  We go into it on a high and its more recuperation and acclimatisation time for the squad and Goodwin.