Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

SC - Dons vs Edinburgh City

I should be letting Jute write this one, I'm sure he's probably seen more of them than the Dons this season :D

They beat Lothian thistle in the previous round to get here, and their form has been patchy at best. But they did have a good draw against Kelty Hearts last weekend.  We shouldn't really have anything to worry about, but regardless we need a professional performance and it would be good to build on the feel good factor of our midweek game against the huns.  Might we see some of the youth players who've been called back brought in? Progression is imperative after the pathetic display in the league cup.

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
2-0, Ramirez and McGinn

As I said in the loan thread we should be looking to stick a few passed City. They have not looked good in any of the games I have seen this season. Best player is probably the keeper who is on loan from Livingston. Good shot stopper but bit suspect on corners. They have brought in a couple of new players since I saw them so might have improved a bit. Hopefully Glass has learnt from the Raith fuck up and goes with his strongest side from the start. Get a few ahead then make changes to rest players/give others game time. We need to ensure we stay in the cup. 

Oot (£56 for the train get to fuck Scotrail)

Flat

local game 

Flat

3-0 Ramirez x2 and Ferguson

7 hours ago, Jute said:

As I said in the loan thread we should be looking to stick a few passed City. They have not looked good in any of the games I have seen this season. Best player is probably the keeper who is on loan from Livingston. Good shot stopper but bit suspect on corners. They have brought in a couple of new players since I saw them so might have improved a bit. Hopefully Glass has learnt from the Raith fuck up and goes with his strongest side from the start. Get a few ahead then make changes to rest players/give others game time. We need to ensure we stay in the cup. 

Oot (£56 for the train get to fuck Scotrail)

Flat

local game 

Flat

3-0 Ramirez x2 and Ferguson

Not so sure on the full strength myself. From Saturday  we have 6 fixtures in 18 days and assuming we get through on Saturday 7 in 21. It's inconceivable that we won't have to do a bit of squad rotation over this period and Edinburgh are the weakest opponents we will face. 

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Not so sure on the full strength myself. From Saturday  we have 6 fixtures in 18 days and assuming we get through on Saturday 7 in 21. It's inconceivable that we won't have to do a bit of squad rotation over this period and Edinburgh are the weakest opponents we will face. 

This is only competition we can realistically win. If players needed rested use some of the league games as they do not mean as much now. We must win this so no risk should be taken in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Anybody heard if the club has invited up Josh Walker as a special guest seeing as he ended up playing and captaining Edinburgh City before injury curtailed his career.  That and fact he scored such a glorious goal his first senior strike against Bayern Munich in a memorable Last 32 UEFA Cup tie at Pittodrie!!

3 hours ago, Jute said:

This is only competition we can realistically win. If players needed rested use some of the league games as they do not mean as much now. We must win this so no risk should be taken in my opinion. 

And that's fair enough mate,  I still think glass will rotate a bit though and I can live with that. EC are not raith rovers.  

Glad to see that Glass seems to have learnt his lesson from the Raith debacle

Strongest team possible, get the job done early doors and then get the likes of Campbell, Kennedy and Barron on for a run out.

Out

Just back from golf (1 under today)

Red TV

6-0 (Ramirez x 2, Ferguson, Hedges, Hayes & Kennedy )

More fitba on the tele and beers

1 minute ago, Jute said:

Now we are 2-0 up can start to think about changes in 2nd half. 

Agreed Jute.

Would like to see Barron get a run out.

Kennedy kind of feels like an obvious one as well. Surely if we're ever going to see him in an Aberdeen shirt again this is an ideal opportunity

7 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

How was Barron?

Didn't think he looked out of place to be honest BUT difficult to tell too much given the level of opposition.

Having said that, this is the level he has been playing at and seems to have been more than coping with it.

Imagine he'll continue to be on the bench for the remainder of this season getting a few minutes here and there when circumstances allow.