Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tims vs Dons

Not looking forward to this. Celtic, whilst still a bit erratic have definitely had an uptick in form since we played them last. We had a flutter of success and returned to default. We've had a lot of bad luck this season, but we've also made a helluva lot of bad decisions.  If we manage to get out backline playing like it did a few weeks back, we might have a shot as they're still not the polished article. Ramirez has shown he can take decent chances if presented to him, but he needs the service.

When is Ramsay due back?  Has there been any word on MacKenzie? Not sure where Hedges' head is at (apart from elsewhere), but he needs to keep it simple. We are too reliant on him, but we are where we are. Was hoping he and Watkins may rekindle their form from his previous time, would be a nice time for this to click.

Bed
Bed
Bed
2-0 tims, no dons scorer

On 24/11/2021 at 11:04, tom_widdows said:

1-0 dons (Ferguson)
Quickly followed by defeats to Livi, St Mirren, and St Johnstone

Admire the optimism, but given they got papped out of europa league, I expect they'll be pissed and want to redeem themselves.  Annoying really as their defence really aren't all that, but I don't think we have the skill to capitalise on that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Admire the optimism, but given they got papped out of europa league, I expect they'll be pissed and want to redeem themselves.  Annoying really as their defence really aren't all that, but I don't think we have the skill to capitalise on that.

The fact they put so much into the game tonight and got the kick in the teeth of two late goals after leading could be significant maybe.  I know a few St holders at the San giro, they love how they look going forward but their back line is wide open according to them.  Ramirez could have fun in other words and if there's a sensible bet for this game it's both teams to score if you ask me.

Just watched glass's pre match presser on red tv, worth a look as I thought he handled the ojo questions really well.  I know we haven't had the best results under him so far but I can't help but be impressed by him.  He's got a bearing about him I respect and whilst here's been some poor results and he must be feeling the pressure (though not from cormack just yet) he doesn't seem to be letting it get to him.  My instinct is he's worth sticking with

• Like 1

Funny how folk have different views on things. I have been less than impressed with Glass this week. Losing his shit and getting red carded then chucking his player under the bus after the game last week make me think he is not handling this well at all. 

Will need to be defensively sound this week as Kyogo and Jota look the sort that will punish the slightest mistake. Victims do look defensively poor so as long we can create some chances think we will score. However we created very few chances last Saturday. Hopefully last night will have taken a bit out Victims.

oot

Flat

Possibly local cup final if I can sneak away

Flat 

3-1 to Green Bigots Ramirez with Dons goal and Manc to be doing the huddle again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, manc_don said:

3 defeats from 4 is optimism?
New Zealand has changed alot since I left

22 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

3 defeats from 4 is optimism?
New Zealand has changed alot since I left

🤣 well, you didn’t predict 4/4 defeats, so varying degrees of optimism, granted. I genuinely can’t see where our next 3 points come from. 

im with Jute on Glass this week, I really expected him to fight for his player but I didn’t think he did. Haven’t listened to his pre matcher, but I wasn’t impressed with what I read / heard this week. I want him to be successful with us, and really hope you’re right @tlg1903

On 26/11/2021 at 07:47, Jute said:

Funny how folk have different views on things. I have been less than impressed with Glass this week. Losing his shit and getting red carded then chucking his player under the bus after the game last week make me think he is not handling this well at all. 

Will need to be defensively sound this week as Kyogo and Jota look the sort that will punish the slightest mistake. Victims do look defensively poor so as long we can create some chances think we will score. However we created very few chances last Saturday. Hopefully last night will have taken a bit out Victims.

oot

Flat

Possibly local cup final if I can sneak away

Flat 

3-1 to Green Bigots Ramirez with Dons goal and Manc to be doing the huddle again.

I think a lot of managers would have lost their shit at ojo's red, no? But yes, it is interesting how people perceive things differently.  I just thought he dealt with the pre match presser pretty well, seemed calm and reflect full and acknowledged he had been harsh on ojo.   I don't there is a problem there with the player put it that way. 

5 hours ago, manc_don said:

🤣 well, you didn’t predict 4/4 defeats, so varying degrees of optimism, granted. I genuinely can’t see where our next 3 points come from. 

im with Jute on Glass this week, I really expected him to fight for his player but I didn’t think he did. Haven’t listened to his pre matcher, but I wasn’t impressed with what I read / heard this week. I want him to be successful with us, and really hope you’re right @tlg1903

It's worth a watch mate.  

Re the match bates will be back so at least we have 2 cb's though his form has been patchy so not sure how much difference that will make against a prolific front line.   Only chance we have is to get in their faces, if we sit back we will get rinsed. 

Well we had a horrendous spell there, but rode our luck and managed to get out with only losing a goal. It was as if we were a man down for 20 minutes. Gurr especially was poor, but McGeouch too was being dragged about and hot potato-ing all over the place. McGeouch settled down nicely though. The front three have been great, with Hedges and Watkins really taking the pressure off at times and Ramirez doing a lot of work and dropping deep to cover very well. Bates and McRorie doing well, I much prefer Bates on the left side over McRorie. Ferguson playing well and Hayes not bad either. Their defence is gash and if we can pressure them they'll fold. Thon carter-vickers is nae Ajer like, he's just a brute. They don't really have anyone who can take the ball out like they've had for years now and it shows.

This is going to be a huge week for us. We could end up being joint second from bottom come the end but of it. I watched most of the second, we were lucky to avoid a pumping but I actually missed their second goal. Need some amount of skill and good fortune to pick something up on Wednesday. 

Thought we played well first half. Celtic pressed us high and that helped us as we passed it through them and found gaps and got at them down the wings.

They got wise to that in the second half by simply sitting off us, and it meant every time we got possession we'd try and build from the back, get to their halfway line and find too many bodies in front of us, and then just pass back the way. Very few had the confidence to go take players on.

Frustrating because Joe Lewis had a good game but can do nothing about the winning goal.

Didn’t see much of the game but from what I saw it was very similar to a mcinnes old firm game. Painful to watch us be so dominated then struggle to keep the ball unless we went sideways and backwards. Hart had one good save, did we have a shot on goal in the second half, especially when we went behind? Yes it was 2-1 and Lewis didn’t have many saves to make, but not a fun watch by any means. Didn’t see us getting anything from the game at any point.

I’ve yet to criticize glass but, jack gurr? Glass talked highly of him, said fans would like him, and that he wasn’t signing squad fillers. Guy is not close to what I expect Aberdeen standard. Did glass underestimate the level of this league??

2 hours ago, Jute said:

That was  a thumping in all but score. Hardly touched the ball in their half in the second. Think BBC said that they ended up with over 20 shots. 

Massive game coming up against Livingston. Simply must win or we are right in the shite. 

If we lose to Livingston then you have to say relegation is a possibility. We're averaging about a point a game since Glass arrived, which is pretty much right on the cusp of being relegated if you take it across a full season. There's no sign of us getting better - if anything we're getting worse.

I still don't think it will come to that as we're bound to scrap a few results out eventually with the amount of possession we're getting but we're probably a couple of losses away from panic stations.

3 hours ago, sancho_panza said:

If we lose to Livingston then you have to say relegation is a possibility. We're averaging about a point a game since Glass arrived, which is pretty much right on the cusp of being relegated if you take it across a full season. There's no sign of us getting better - if anything we're getting worse.

I still don't think it will come to that as we're bound to scrap a few results out eventually with the amount of possession we're getting but we're probably a couple of losses away from panic stations.

51SeB1u2rnL._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg