Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Well - Dons

Two wins on the bounce for 'Well and two draws for us have let them catch up to us pretty quickly.  Minus the hibs game, they've not been overly high scoring, but our defence was leaking like a sieve so really not sure how this is going to play out.  Will the newbies make that much of a difference? Fingers crossed.  Hopefully Bates will rectify a lot of what was wrong at the back.

Need to try and get some decent service to our strikers, especially from the wide areas as they're pretty packed through the middle. Our defence will have to be on their toes as they were pretty resourceful and harassing for their equaliser and eventual winner against Livi.

Out
Bed
Bed
Bed
2-2, Bates and Ramirez

Looking forward to this one.  The international break came at a good time for us and with the extra bodies in at the end of the window the squad is looking in good shape.  In hoping a good bit of time on the training pitch will have helped the squad to gel a bit better and overall I'm feeling quite confident for Saturday. 

Out

Home

Redtv

Home

3-1 dons. JET, Watkins, Ramirez

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

4-0 us.

An easy romp where we all just click.

Internationalist fergie, ramirez with a double and Hedges making a comeback with an overhead stunner...

into the first hole at the Kings Link Golf Course  

That's some achievement, all the way from Fir Park 😉

• Haha 1

Fuck knows about this one like. No idea what our best team is. I'm guessing Bates will partner Gallagher at the back. Be interesting to see if Samuels turns out to be not shite. Will jet get a start? 

Oot

0-10, every outfield player scoring a single goal, with Lewis walking off in the 87th minute because Ferguson won't let him take a pen (which he subsequently misses).

• Haha 2

Would like to see the baseball bat wielding thug dropped as don’t think his form has been particularly great but not sure McCrorie and Bates are going to right pairing to cope with Wells big strikers. Would like to see Watkins and Ramirez tried as a pair as not convinced at all by Ramirez in the lone striker role.

oot

train then beers 

Sunderland v Accrington Stanley

beers then train

2-1 Well Watkins with Dons goal. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see a back three. To be honest, that'd bring out the best in McRorie in my opinion. I still think that McKenzie is our best replacement for Considine in left of a three, but would imagine he'll want to fit in all the signings and also not fuck off McRorie. Similarly in midfield, we are likely to witness the shoe horning of Ferguson, Brown and Longstaff again. Also, if Watkins is playing we need Ojo to drop out. 

We've got a seriously imbalanced squad. I expected the opposite post McInnes. Hopefully the new recruitment man sorts this out.

So look like a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 line up I reckon ?

Would normally have gone along today but lieterall just back from holiday last night so far too much to be done.

On that basis

Out

Catching up on work

Red TV

Walking the dog to the pub

1-2 (Ramirez & Gallacher)

2 minutes ago, BigAl said:

So look like a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 line up I reckon ?

Either way, a solid 4 centre midfielders with zero width. I'm guessing he'll play the sort of weird 4-3-3 type thing where he plays Ojo and Watkins wide(ish) with the very central three in behind. 

To be honest, it's massive shoe horning, there isn't room for Longstaff, Ferguson, Brown and Ojo on a fitba pitch. Unless we're playing across it?

It's who isn't on the bench that's as much a concern. Senior players not stripped due to injury or otherwise include Kennedy, Devlin, Hedges, Samuels, McGeouch, Considine and McGinn. That's a fucking ridiculous state of affairs, what a giant squad. McLennan and Campbell can't really be described as young prospects anymore.