Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Breidablik

Huge game. Get a result and we are on our way to a reasonable route. Was a massive victory last week and with some of the players being rested for the victory against Livvie, I wouldn't be expecting too much change to the one that finished Thursday.

We definitely looked more composed at the back as a 3 and having Gallagher there, so it'll be interesting if he goes for the same starting four or revert to the 3.  Brown has added a lot to this team so far, and I can imagine it must be hard for those that have opted to reduce their support because of his involvement. 

Hoping we manage to get a full house for this one, despite the prices. Be great to see one of the famous Aberdeen Euro nights.

Breidablik have a game on Monday night, so hopefully they'll be tired.

Out
Breakfast duty
Commute
Work
2-1 Dons, Ramirez and Brown

22 hours ago, manc_don said:

Why the fuck are the club charging £32 for this game?!? They’ve seriously reduced the number of fans going. Only 11k sold as of a few hours ago?

Yep. I'm coming up for it simply because I can't remember the last time I was even at Pittodrie, but it put a lot of potential friends off - went from six of us to just two of us. 

For comparison, Rangers/Malmo (a qualifier, but a Champions League one) was £29. 

Celtic £21 (£19 for season ticket holders).

Hibs/Rijeka was £23.

St Johnstone/Galatasaray - dunno what prices were but season ticket holders were free.

Should be a full house & rocking, but think we'll struggle to get past 14,000.

56 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

~12K attendance is huge at that price. Does suggest we'd have got a properly big crowd at a lower price. It's terrible PR. The fans are not responsible for covid and with the loans and player sales, we shouldn't be struggling.

I just don’t get it. Yes the club have done it tough but so have everyone else. If this is the price for this round, wtf are they anticipating if we get through to Europe proper?

2 hours ago, manc_don said:

I just don’t get it. Yes the club have done it tough but so have everyone else. If this is the price for this round, wtf are they anticipating if we get through to Europe proper?

I can understand that they will have calculated what price they think will get them the best return, but it just doesn't look good. It'll leave a bad taste in people's mouths and if things go wrong on the pitch, the bitterness will take over. It's just very poor value. It's not right.

• Like 3

The pricing for the match is ott.

It smacks of profiteering to me.

I appreciate that the club need to claw some cash back where possible, but they have made a poor decision by adding a few pounds onto standard gate prices being charged by other clubs.

I, along with thousands of Don's supporters have spent thousands over the years, often paying silly money to see our team play wherever that may be.

Given the 18 months or so we have all endured, the club should have taken that into account before jacking up the prices that for some, looks like emotional extortion.

I'm sad and disappointed that the club have priced some loyal fans put of attending.

Hopefully, if we get further in the tourney, the club realise that there is a limit on how much supporters can financially tolerate before they decide to pick and choose which, and how many games they can afford to attend.

COYR!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barcosente said:

I appreciate that the club need to claw some cash back where possible, but they have made a poor decision by adding a few pounds onto standard gate prices being charged by other clubs.

I, along with thousands of Don's supporters have spent thousands over the years, often paying silly money to see our team play wherever that may be.

Given the 18 months or so we have all endured, the club should have taken that into account before jacking up the prices that for some, looks like emotional extortion.

I'm sad and disappointed that the club have priced some loyal fans put of attending.

Hopefully, if we get further in the tourney, the club realise that there is a limit on how much supporters can financially tolerate before they decide to pick and choose which, and how many games they can afford to attend.

COYR!

I agree with the sentiment. However, if we get further into the tournament (beyond the next round) then this - to me - looks like a trial run of the price we'll be expected to pay. With potentially "big" opponents in the group stages, I'm guessing people will stump up the cash. They'll massively reduce the traditionally low attendance matches in the early cup rounds to pretend that they're listening to the customer.

8 hours ago, Barcosente said:

COYR!

Bang on mate

Myself and younger son 2 x £32 per ticket

Diesel return trip circa £50

2 X fish suppers £14

Drinks in ground circa £7

Already we're at £135 or we can pay to watch at home ?

Call me a part timer but yep I'm sat in the house tonight with a half dozen tins and change out of £20 so in summary

Out

Watching first half St Johnstone game

TV

Hopefully celebrating

3-1 (Ramirez, Considine & Ferguson) 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

image.thumb.jpeg.19503cd8fef6f6807eb41dc6cdc77b01.jpeg

Struggling to come up with what formation we are going to play with that selection but going to for 3-5-2

Back three of McCrorie, Gallagher & Consi

Couple of wing backs Ramsay & Mckenzie joined by Brown, McGeouch & Ferguson

Hedges joining Ramirez up top 

24 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

The commentators are sugar coating this a bit much.  I must be watching a different game because I reckon we have been pretty lucky.  A lot of the time we can't seem to string more than two passes together.

Aye,they were a tidier team than I'd thought.We'll need to step it up in the next game.Some of our attacking movement and passing was good to watch though