Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Saints vs. Dons

Saints have been going about their business quietly, not scoring lots of goals, but regular wins and by small margins.  So I can't see this being any different.  We're still pish but hopefully we'll continue to see the youth getting a bit more of a run around.  Ramsay was very promising on the weekend and it's clear some of the senior players are done.  Will Glass be having a say on things now?

In/out: Out
Prematch: Bed
Match: Bed
Post Match: Bed
Prediction: 1-1, Kamberi

I predict a goalfest. Maybe 1-0 them. 

I agree with RT that we'll go for a 4-3-3. I personally think that a 4-2-3-1 is our best bet. However they play three at the back so we might even match up with that, a 3-5-2 would be fine. 

Our biggest dilemma is midfield at the moment. As a three, Ferguson, McRorie and Campbell are unproductive (McGeouch wouldn't change that either). Useful for games against the scum, but not when we need to draw defenders out. With Brown coming in next season, it makes the dilemma even worse. I don't think we'll win with all three in the midfield.

53 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I predict a goalfest. Maybe 1-0 them. 

I agree with RT that we'll go for a 4-3-3. I personally think that a 4-2-3-1 is our best bet. However they play three at the back so we might even match up with that, a 3-5-2 would be fine. 

Our biggest dilemma is midfield at the moment. As a three, Ferguson, McRorie and Campbell are unproductive (McGeouch wouldn't change that either). Useful for games against the scum, but not when we need to draw defenders out. With Brown coming in next season, it makes the dilemma even worse. I don't think we'll win with all three in the midfield.

Lewis

Ramsay Hoban Considine MacKenzie       
              Ferguson McCrorie

McGinn Kamberi Hayes

Hornby

I’m assuming Hornby is fit. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Lewis

Ramsay Hoban Considine MacKenzie       
              Ferguson McCrorie

McGinn Kamberi Hayes

Hornby

I’m assuming Hornby is fit. 

Only thing I would change with that team is Campbell for McCrorie as not been impressed with his form for some time and think he needs rested/dropped. As everyone else has said can’t see this being anything other than a low scoring dull affair. Not sure I will bother with game. 

oot

Walking to Portobello

Walking back from Portobello 

Watching TV

1-0 Ferguson

16 minutes ago, RedStarTorphins said:

Russell won’t be there before the game 

1-0 it is then ?

I've heard he's been secretly zooming McGinn at McGinn's back garden with old Celtic tops as goal posts.

Niall has been firing them o'er the neighbours fence though and upset a few topless sunworshippers.

?

Just now, tom_widdows said:

Its grim in there
Not quite as grim was watching 10mins of the game and not being able to recall a single dons pass inside the st johnstone half

Cannae disagree min.

Shame really, as the live chat used to be really good years ago on a Saturday if you couldn't make the game.

Yep, terrible stuff so far, look like we'll be our own downfall with the championship manager pish from the back. Saints should just allow the first pass from Lewis and then close down quickly from there. Hopefully Hornby can manage a half. Kamberi and McGinn not working.

1 minute ago, RicoS321 said:

Yep, terrible stuff so far, look like we'll be our own downfall with the championship manager pish from the back. Saints should just allow the first pass from Lewis and then close down quickly from there. Hopefully Hornby can manage a half. Kamberi and McGinn not working.

I'm not against playing out. You see it in Germany every week. We just don't seem to have the ability to do it properly despite having an abundance of holding midfielders who should be collecting the ball and turning.