Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪️🔴

Hibs - Dons

Only seen a little bit but there seems to be a massive gap in terms in intensity from both teams.
Hibs actually want the ball whereas with the Dons it seems to be 'oh hes got it, phew, right ill take a breather.

It reminds me to a time when my regular 5s team lost most of our regular players due to work or family commitments etc and those of us who remained ended up playing with randoms picked up through hopeful facebook/ twitter posts, and/or picked for us by powerleague to ensure the game went ahead.
It would take about 10mins before the randoms essentially gave up and by the second half the opposition had set up a shooting gallery infront my goal while their keeper checked his phone. Had the 'goalies can only throw the ball to their team mate' rule not existed he probably wouldnt have put his phone down.

Still at least Basil Brush turned up at half time. Maybe the Dons can bring him on in the second half

Edited by tom_widdows

2 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Had high hopes for him too.just not happening ?

In thought he was doing brilliantly at RWB when we had a bit of form. Since he was dropped for Kennedy, he just hadn't refound it.

Great trick, good pace. We just aren't set up to let him utilise it.

I’m not a McLennan fan but how does he gain confidence and form with the way DM treats him? He’s been no more or less shit than Kennedy today yet sub the sub which we all know doesn’t do McLennan well. Much along the lines of Anderson, if he’s not rated just don’t play him at all, but if he’s worth game time give him a chance.

Game over anyway. We don’t look like scoring unless we get the make up penalty.

1 minute ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

ferguson has been off it for months

I disagree, I think he's been one of our better players this season. Atrocious today. However, dicking him about up front for the first 40 minutes really seemed to throw him off his game and he never recovered. Didn't seem to know where he was standing half the time and looked knackered towards the end (as they all did). I think Collum probably got the pen right, it was a terrible attempt at a tackle, he was really flat footed after some awful play by McLennan.

Hornby absolutely atrocious. Really bad. Why we thought an u21 loanee would solve our issues I don't know. Hendry actually looked much better, and a lot more willing to get stuck in. All in all, just a terrible setup and subsequent result. Lack of ideas, both on and off the pitch and an inability to change things for the better.

Can't wait to see what Stephen Glass does with the squad.

Can have no complaints about that other than soft penalty. We would still have lost even if they were not awarded it. We were hopeless at the back from the off. Zero creation in midfield and zero up front. Ferguson was totally out of his depth trying to support striker. Though McGeouch was our best player. Need him to stay fit. The inverted winger thing has to change. Simply not working. Disagree with comments on Hornby Rico though he played well enough and unlucky not to score while Hendry looked every inch a player who was 4th choice as St Johnstone. Cannot fault his effort but zero ability or positional sense. 

Despite rumours cannot see McInnes being punted until summer. He has not even had the chance to field Kamberi at left back yet.

5 minutes ago, Jute said:

Can have no complaints about that other than soft penalty. We would still have lost even if they were not awarded it. We were hopeless at the back from the off. Zero creation in midfield and zero up front. Ferguson was totally out of his depth trying to support striker. Though McGeouch was our best player. Need him to stay fit. The inverted winger thing has to change. Simply not working. Disagree with comments on Hornby Rico though he played well enough and unlucky not to score while Hendry looked every inch a player who was 4th choice as St Johnstone. Cannot fault his effort but zero ability or positional sense. 

Despite rumours cannot see McInnes being punted until summer. He has not even had the chance to field Kamberi at left back yet.

hornby was hopeless .. his header was deflected

The ball was out of play before there was any contact for their pen imo. 

The worrying thing for me is the lack of desire, paper talk had dm job on the line here and they gave him nothing.  As poor a fighting for your managers job performance as you will ever see. 

55 minutes ago, flooter said:

The ball was out of play before there was any contact for their pen imo. 

I thought that too, but it was actually well in when you watch it back. Fair play to collum, he was right up with play and probably got it right. Soft, but just a shite attempt at a tackle.

Totally agree with the lack of fight for the manager. They looked like a tired team after the pen went in.