Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fermers v Dons

Can see Saturday’s performance has got everyone buzzing about this one. Assuming it will be same starting 11 as Saturday but given Hayes and Taylor are nursing injuries one or both maybe rested given the run of games coming up. Would love to think McInnes would play Campbell or Virtanen ahead of Ojo but he won’t. Really need to be winning this as next 3 games after it are against Livingston and Hibs. 6pm kick off on Wednesday. St Johnstone will be flying after their semi final win so expecting this to be difficult game.

Oot

Flat working/part time teaching

TV maybe

Flat

1-1 Ferguson

• Jute changed the title to Fermers v Dons

Tried setting this up yesterday but wifi where we are is patchy at best and didn’t go through . This won’t be a straight forward one, they haven’t lost since they lost to us around the same time in December and obviously got a great result again Hibs. Agree with your score prediction, can’t see there being a winner.

out

bed

id like to say bed but twins are not sleeping 

breakfast shift

1-1, hedges

52 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Oot

Red TV

Decent enough line up.Nae sure how long we give Cosgrove to wake up,but I'd swap him at half time if off the pace, for McGinn or McLennan and give the front guys licence to roam...

Prediction  -  St J 1 - AFC 3  Hedges,Kennedy,McGinn

Won't be replaced by Main at least as he's out injured.

• Like 2

Playing some nice football, similar to earlier in the season with Hedges and Kennedy central. St Johnstone sitting deep making it very crowded in the last twenty. Think it would help to either switch Hayes and Kennedy back to their proper wings or take McLennan on for Hayes, as we need that width, rather than the cut inside. We're completely dominant and we're trying to play nice fitba, so keep it up.

Two games this week. I don't think I've got out of my seat during either. Too slow getting forward, no forward pass from the midfield letting the opposition get back when we break out. I think Joe probably made more forward passed than fergie and deano tonight.

They should be working on this shit.

1 minute ago, Jute said:

Dire performance. Played some pretty football but no cutting edge. Desperately need a different option up front. 

He plays the front three that we've been asking for, giving Cosgrove the opportunity with Wright and Hedges, but what does he do? Switches the fucking wingers, so that any width you might get to provide for the player suited to meeting crosses is completely nullified. Just play the fucking players in their positions. How in the fucking world can anyone, regardless of how many eyes they've got, wait until the 83rd minute to make a change? I don't think I've seen a manager so bereft of ideas when his initial team selection doesn't work out. It's like he can't accept that his initial line up could possibly not be correct. How the fuck is McLennan supposed to affect anything in less than ten minutes? Just weak management, really bad. All the opposition manager has to do is nullify us for 50-60 minutes and we're done.

4 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

He plays the front three that we've been asking for, giving Cosgrove the opportunity with Wright and Hedges, but what does he do? Switches the fucking wingers, so that any width you might get to provide for the player suited to meeting crosses is completely nullified. Just play the fucking players in their positions. How in the fucking world can anyone, regardless of how many eyes they've got, wait until the 83rd minute to make a change? I don't think I've seen a manager so bereft of ideas when his initial team selection doesn't work out. It's like he can't accept that his initial line up could possibly not be correct. How the fuck is McLennan supposed to affect anything in less than ten minutes? Just weak management, really bad. All the opposition manager has to do is nullify us for 50-60 minutes and we're done.

Even the two commentators on St J tv were questioning why we had wingers on opposite sides from their stronger foot and how easy it was for their defenders to defend. However even playing this way we did give Cosgrove two decent chances to score and he made a hash of both of them. Just not convinced he is going to play himself back into form or is an intelligent enough player to play the Watkins role in the front 3 with Wright and Hedges.