Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The Mcinnes Legacy..

54 minutes ago, TheDeeDon said:

I think a lot of dandies want shot of McInnes, but realise that the Covid impact has made it nigh on impossible due to the financial implications. If it wasn't for the contract situation I would have binned him and although I am only speculating here, I suspect Cormack would have got rid of him this summer.  So yes now is as good a time as any to bin a manager, if it's not going to screw you financially to do so.

One part of a McInnes legacy would be that we never give any manager such a lucrative contract without that person really showing they have earned it.

I think a lot would have depended on the run in which never happened. Knocked out in the semi and a third place finish, I think you're right. A final appearance, I think would have been enough for him. But unless Cormack had got his shite together very quickly, it would have been a terrible decision. There's nothing coming out of the club to me that suggests we're remotely prepared for a change of manager. It just surprises me that, despite knowing that it would be a stupid decision to bin him now, so many people are suggesting it one game into the season. To me, it lacks rationality. It's like folk can only see one part of the evidence (performances) and ignore the rest, and I think it let Milne off the hook for 20 years and will do again with Cormack.

Edit: totally agree about the contract. Although, I've only seen varying internet claims of its value, and I'm not sure I'd believe them.

Edited by RicoS321

18 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

Re Rico DM has made profit.. I dont think so... hes made a loss, i also factor in wages on dreck and cancelled contracts.. if you remove Hayes from the equation who he didnt sign he has made a massive loss

The club has made a profit overall in the years McInnes has been here. It doesn't matter if players signed > players sold. If you were to include that, then you'd also have to conclude that the squad value is significantly higher than when he joined too. If we'd sold Cosgrove, McKenna and Ferguson at the start of the window, we'd have likely hit 8 figures. Nothing close to that occurred under Brown (maybe Fraser, if handled correctly). I think his signings have been way under par, and I've mentioned it a thousand times, but his financial legacy is fine because our results have been good (performances, not so much). What would make his financial legacy tank, is if we made the stupid decision to pay him off this season before crowds return. It'd be whooring expensive. That's the club's legacy though, as is allowing McInnes complete control over the football budget.

Ayrshire is talking about the performance of the manager in the transfer market.

I agree with him that's it's in the red, not the black. It's on the debits side, not the credits.

Whatever the P & L says, the debate is about the manager's performance. To somehow try to mitigate this by referring to the overall club's finances - of which McInnes definitely plays a part of course - seems to me to be diversionary and disingenuous. 

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Ayrshire is talking about the performance of the manager in the transfer market.

I agree with him that's it's in the red, not the black. It's on the debits side, not the credits.

Whatever the P & L says, the debate is about the manager's performance. To somehow try to mitigate this by referring to the overall club's finances - of which McInnes definitely plays a part of course - seems to me to be diversionary and disingenuous. 

No it isn't. The initial thread was about his legacy, not performance in the transfer market. If he's changed the subject halfway through, then I'm in complete agreement that McInnes has been poor in the transfer market. Nobody ever stated otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

No it isn't. The initial thread was about his legacy, not performance in the transfer market. If he's changed the subject halfway through, then I'm in complete agreement that McInnes has been poor in the transfer market. Nobody ever stated otherwise. 

I think the title of legacy is clear and that there are many different aspects to what his legacy will be.

But in the OP, there is no doubt that a_d74 was focusing on his performance in the transfer market: -

On 12/08/2020 at 22:28, ayrshire_don74 said:

Posted here last few years about this charlatan bankrurpting the club due to his profligacy in the transfer market 3-5m operational losses last 2 years have came to bite, we are fucked,  crocked pish from Leeds,fat boy Anderson .. Hibs sign talent... if i was in DNA i would ask for my money back ... Bryson has cost us 250k plus  zero return , how long do intelligent men allow this financial vindalism to continue...

So we all agree, like happy little bears, and there is no areas of dispute between usblack and white wink GIF

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I think the title of legacy is clear and that there are many different aspects to what his legacy will be.

But in the OP, there is no doubt that a_d74 was focusing on his performance in the transfer market: -

So we all agree, like happy little bears, and there is no areas of dispute between usblack and white wink GIF

Reading it back, you're correct. I clearly didn't make it past the "bankrupting the club" pish. Apologies Ayrshire, you're correct, we've made a loss in the transfer market.

we have made a loss and am his transfers decisions are now making operational losses.. the point was very clear sorry hanging onto my job so i dont dedicate myself to tomes .. data and facts he is bankrupting the club  is a phrase .. but actually the trend continues...

btw the legacy is debt..

Edited by ayrshire_don74