Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Suspended

All this talk of league re-construction on-the-fly and "all promotion, no relegation" doesn't sit well with me.

Looks like a cowardly attempt at avoiding a legal battle more than anything. No point running scared, Hearts will need to sell half their first team just to pay the lawyer fees.

Lower non league english football seasons declared null & void (Men's & Women's leagues)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52069879

Be interesting to see if the FA change their mind if the number of clubs willing to challenge grows even further.

Personally I think this shows the utter contempt the FA really has for the 'grass roots' they keep banging on about being so important

If the league is scrapped does it mean somebody like Samuel Cosgrove will lose 23 goals from his overall record??  Do our three ties in Europa League not count toward club's history either??

More importantly, does Andy Considine lose his appearances that get him very close to top 5 all-time appearances? I'm guessing not. These games did actually happen. They'll just count towards a league that was declared void.

Well since we are all missing out on our fix of the Dandies, here is a clip of Gary Mackay Steven scoring a superb hat trick against Hibs back in December 17. Was at the game and he was unplayable that day and was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen from an Aberdeen player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership

Well since we are all missing out on our fix of the Dandies, here is a clip of Gary Mackay Steven scoring a superb hat trick against Hibs back in December 17. Was at the game and he was unplayable that day and was one of the best individual performances I have ever seen from an Aberdeen player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership

I was there too and thoroughly enjoyed it, one of the best games at Pittodrie this century. Let's be honest though, the first two goals were tragic defensive errors. The third was a very intelligent pass from May completing an excellent interchange but I didn't see GMS as "unplayable".

The first goal was my highlight, a phenomenal cross field ball by Kenny McLean and a great cut back (by GMS if I mind) for Shinnie to drive home.

Guardian reporting the 14 team premiership being put forward by cockwomble and co

No relegation in any divisions

Arabs & Caley promoted to premier

Falkirk & Raith Promoted to Championship

Cove & Edinburgh promoted to League One

1 Highland league & 1 Lowland league team promoted to League two

Potential entertaining soap opera on the cards with this Dundee and Sevco malarky

Dundee potentially stabbing the two Thistles in the back (perhaps they played the 'we are a bigger club so should be promoted instead of Caley in the league reconstruction).

Sevco turning their evil horde on Orinco-ck (see how much teflon is woven into those suits of his with the orcs and goblins on his back)

Has anyone seen anywhere, what would happen with regards to the european placing, should the season be finished now, or made null and void? I presume, if it was null and void, they would use the final placings from last season for european qualification. If it was finalised now, who gets the Scottish cup place? I suppose the fairest way to allocate that would be to the next place in the league, which happens to be us. A little unfair on Hearts or Hibs as one of them would definitely have made it to the final but how else can you call it? Any rumours or suggestions?

Because they are awarding the tims the league, they'll have to appease the Hun by awarding them the cup. That means the final European place will be decided by league position as the Huns would already have qualified, so we'd be in Europe. Stewart Milne will agree that it's the best decision for Scottish fitba as everyone needs a strong scum.

Appears the West Region Junior League has declared Auchinleck Talbot as champions

this was the league table before everything shut down

GP W D L GF GA GD PTS

1 Kilwinning Rangers 25 16 5 4 51 38 13 53

2 Pollok                 22 13 3 6 48 22 26 42

3 Auchinleck Talbot 16 13 2 1 51 15 36 41

4 Irvine Meadow XI 22 12 2 8 36 35 1 38

5 Clydebank                 28 11 4 13 42 45 -3 37

6 Glenafton Athletic 20 11 3 6 39 30 9 36

7 Beith Juniors         21 9 7 5 40 35 5 34

8 Kilbirnie Ladeside 24 10 3 11 44 44 0 33

9 Cumnock Juniors 25 9 5 11 39 45 -6 32

10 Rossvale                 25 10 2 13 33 39 -6 32

11 Largs Thistle         25 9 4 12 41 44 -3 31

12 Hurlford United         19 8 5 6 29 26 3 29

13 Troon                 24 6 4 14 31 51 -20 22

14 Benburb                 20 5 4 11 27 39 -12 19

15 Rutherglen Glencairn 17 3 3 11 26 42 -16 12

16 Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 17 2 0 15 8 35 -27 6

Hasn't gone down well.

32 game season with what i presume was 7 official match days left meaning they would have had to play 2 (sometimes 3) games per week every week till the end of the season. Injuries and fatigue would be a factor as protentially would be availability of certain players given it is a part time league.