Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

St Mirren Away - Scottish Cup QF.

Was definitely a shite game, but conditions played a part in that. Thought we started very well, something we haven't done in a long time, but scoring early meant game management early, and that suited St Mirren, who forced one save from Lewis, so whilst it suited them, they failed to create anything meaningful at all really.

Fantastic finish from Ferguson, Kennedy, in flashes was excellent, he seems to be coming out of his shell now and hopefully he can keep that up, defensively we were absolutely fine also.

Another Semi, which isn't an achievement in itself, but at least we're there and giving ourselves a chance.

I was strangely quite happy we got Celtic, that's who I wanted. Part of it bravado as I thought we'd get them anyway so was pre-empting it a bit, but Billy Dodds was saying on the radio how everyone wants to avoid Celtic until the final. Not for me, I don't see how beating them in a final is any easier than a semi - id rather beat them ASAP. The build up to a final when it's not Celtic you're facing is a lot more fun than everyone thinking we'll get beat.

Also, Celtic have started 2020 on fire but they were never going to keep that going until summer, especially with the sheer volume of games they've got. They've already began to show cracks against Copenhagen and even in a lacklustre performance at Pittodrie.

Even on a bad day they have winners in their side that can pull them out of a hole so we'll still need our best performance of the season to do it, but maybe they're dropping in form slightly just as we're beginning to find ours, and maybe by April we'll be meeting at just the right time.

Plus, if we do beat them, a cup final v either of the Edinburgh sides will be electric.

• 2 months later...