Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Farts - Dons -Sun

Read McInnes' post match comments. Not seeing that Vyner is definitely out for the season, just that it's his shoulder again and that although it only kept him out 3 weeks last time, he might need an op to properly fix it.

An absolutely honking display today. Apart from 5 minutes at the start of the match and 5 minutes after the sending off, Hearts dominated us and even down to 10 men they threatened as much as we did. The DM tombola was working overtime pre-match and starting Campbell at left back was quite possibly his most bizarre selection to date. Looked totally lost and even when moved into midfield after about 25 minutes he still seemed confused as to what he was supposed to be doing. Anderson and Main were rank rotten but had no service at all from midfield. Gallagher....apart from getting the Hearts boy sent off was just typical Gallagher. The Hearts boy should just have let him go on through....chances are he would have found a way to fuck it up anyway.

As it happens, results elsewhere have turned the shitshow into a relatively decent result, actually gaining ground on Well and putting further distance between us from Hibs and Killie. But a dreadful watch all round

Hard to keep track of all the formation changes today & again our team looked tactically clueless.

Hearts were the better team for most of the game & they are clearly awful :frown:  Thought Taylor was possibly my motm, not much to choose from tbh!

Hearts have an uncanny knack of making you play the way they do (sometimes called hoofball)

Feared the worst when i heard Campbell was playing in the middle against the hammerthrowers. A special mention to Curtis Main who gave one of the worst performances ive seen in a red shirt ,in my 50 years of going :eek:

As TC said, we actually,somehow gained ground in the league today , thanks to Nialls sweet strike, but we are still a hard watch.

I always take a match against The Old Firm out of equation (think anything picked up where these two are concerned is a bonus) when looking at our overall form so only having lost to Hibernian away in fourteen games that does include nine victories and five drawn I'm not too disheartened at end of 2019 given the length or said injury list we've had also.  We'll always be greatest team this world has ever seen whether one shall show it on a regular basis or not.  Just remember aforementioned fact and you'll be fine!!

Niall's strike was sweet. Why he wasn't on from the start is beyond me.  But it's a sad indictment on the quality of the league that we are quite clearly shite and yet we remain in 4th.

I really want this season to end already, it's absolutely painful viewing.

Mcinnes said in post-match comments that McGinn had been carrying a slight injury and was only able to play for 60 minutes max so therefore didn't start. I'm more concerned about Hedges though. Yesterday's game should have been ideal for him yet once again he's benched and Gallagher gets yet another start.

I really want this season to end already, it's absolutely painful viewing.

This is a very sad statement. And 100% true. It's been very painful viewing for a very long time, spanning three decades and the effect it's had on AFC International Inc. or AFC Ltd. or AFC plc or however the fuck the business gets managed these days is detrimental for one very simple reason; the product has driven away long-standing customers and isn't of sufficient quality to attract new ones.

As we enter a fourth decade of painful viewing, surely the new management team at board level are going to act upon the obvious and effect the necessary changes before the first year of the new decade is out. The old chairman did a lot of damage to AFC, not that anyone can admit this. Many of the sheeple can't even see the damage he did.

Interesting management by the new boy. He binned and benched experience and threw on the kids and given they had most of the possession, more shots on target than AFC and more shots off target too, it was a risk that paid off. That Japanese kid was brilliant and fellow teenager Irving seemed to be loving it. Aye AFC, you couldn't get close to beating the worst-performing team in the country. It's not working. Change the fucking record.

Just caught the highlights of the game, two great goals it has to be said, but we looked bad in the first half and I don't think they showed anything of us in an attacking sense in the first half.

Against Livi he left McGinn on the whole game even though he was shyte and possibly even struggling and then for him not to start against Hearts when he is possibly our most consistent attacking threat.

Glad we didn't get beat by them, but showed again we are a horrible footballing team.

McGinn didn't start against Hearts because McInnes said in the post-match interview that he had been struggling with a niggling injury and was only fit to play 60 minutes max

Exactly, but why leave him on for the full 90 against Livi when he was clearly struggling?  Thankfully we got him for the second half, but we shouldn't have to rely on McGinn as our main creative outlet.

Just caught the highlights of the game, two great goals it has to be said, but we looked bad in the first half and I don't think they showed anything of us in an attacking sense in the first half.

Against Livi he left McGinn on the whole game even though he was shyte and possibly even struggling and then for him not to start against Hearts when he is possibly our most consistent attacking threat.

Glad we didn't get beat by them, but showed again we are a horrible footballing team.

Did you not find it weird that there was no criticism of aberdeen or McInnes on sportscene when we were clearly outplayed by the worst team in the league?