Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Who would be next?????

Listened to Robinson on Sportsound a few weeks back , liked a lot of what we was saying , if you want to achieve the clubs primary objective of punching above our weight then he is worth consideration

I'd agree with that, I like Robinson. Although, to date, I'm not sure the evidence really backs up that he has punched above his weight in the league. I can't think of any bad managers that we've taken from Motherwell in recent years either.

I don't know too much about Robinson, but fair play to the guy, he has changed their style of play and moved away from the Main/Bowman partnership to a more mobile front pairing and apparently they have been playing some decent stuff this term.  He also put his trust in their youth players, which seems to have paid off to a degree for the moment.

Also, he was a guy who some Motherwell fans wanted sacked after a poor start to last season, but they stuck with him and had a strong finish to last season.

Like posted above, I don't think we have to worry about any potential new manager anytime soon.

Actually ok with losing to Russia. Gives us 3 games to figure out what we are doing for the playoffs in March. Given we played the best team in the world twice, and a World Cup quarter finalist twice not sure what else people expected result wise. The next 3 games should give us the chance to establish some sort of style of play and hopefully getting some confidence.

My question though is why Devlin is there given we so protected McKenna? Devlin hasn’t played much and has had multiple injuries in recent months/years, I’d have thought staying home would have been as much beneficial to Devlin as McKenna. Add to that the dons injuries, sending anyone on international duty has its risks right now. Then again, does it really matter, wouldn’t mind seeing youth really given a chance over the shit we are seeing, but tactics won’t change so I guess that doesn’t matter either.

Clarke has undoubtedly been hampered by the same raft of squad call-offs that has been commonplace in the past 20 years or so. But I for one never bought into the myth that he did a brilliant job at Kilmarnock. The Edinburgh sides have been dreadful the past couple of years and we, despite being rank rotten last season, still managed to equal their points total. Indeed many of Clarke's squad he inherited anyway. He did ok....but nothing spectacular.

I'm sure he is now starting to regret taking on the Scotland job. His preference was always to head back down south where his family reside and where he could pick up a decent coaching or assistant manager job with ease at a decent level. I think he will probably hang on to see if he can get us in the back door to the Euro's via the Nations League playoffs next spring but wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him walk if we fail to do so.

And that could be our best bet of getting shot of DM fairly quickly...he is bound to be the SFA's first choice to replace Clarke if and when he leaves.

Clarke has undoubtedly been hampered by the same raft of squad call-offs that has been commonplace in the past 20 years or so. But I for one never bought into the myth that he did a brilliant job at Kilmarnock. The Edinburgh sides have been dreadful the past couple of years and we, despite being rank rotten last season, still managed to equal their points total. Indeed many of Clarke's squad he inherited anyway. He did ok....but nothing spectacular.

I'm sure he is now starting to regret taking on the Scotland job. His preference was always to head back down south where his family reside and where he could pick up a decent coaching or assistant manager job with ease at a decent level. I think he will probably hang on to see if he can get us in the back door to the Euro's via the Nations League playoffs next spring but wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him walk if we fail to do so.

And that could be our best bet of getting shot of DM fairly quickly...he is bound to be the SFA's first choice to replace Clarke if and when he leaves.

Agree with the first part, always thought he was overrated. He did a good job, but not the spectacular job everyone makes it out to be. Got a few results against the Old Firm but can't think of any when it really mattered - they played Rangers a few times in cup games but generally came off second best.

His cheerleaders were lining up to shoot down Alessio to push home the point of how well Clarke did and that no mere mortal, especially not some Jonny foreigner, could step into his shoes. And instead, it now appears after a rocky start that Alessio is doing alright, getting results while changing the style of play, and not having to rely on dinosaurs like Broadfoot and Boyd.

I was fairly happy he got the Scotland job and in time he'll probably do alright, but it's little surprise he isn't producing miracles straight away.

Before Mcinnes was appointed it was Clarke I actually wanted as Dons boss. But now I wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it.

It's an academic discussion of course because bearded one ain't going nowhere but if we did have a club who didn't lie to us about the "product" being the priority, McInnes would already be long gone.

In his stead, no way should Clarke be under consideration. He comes across as a boring man. Given that the role demands inspiring others, there's a fatal flaw right there. Plus he could never beat a shite AFC at egg-chasing park.

The general standard of manager in football is shite. They are mostly uneducated ex-footballers who's experience of playing the game is almost irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's their personal qualities rather than what they were doing between 15 and 30/35 that is key. As the people running the clubs don't understand this, it's no surprise that the fans don't. "Managers" like McInnes, Tommy Wright, Steve Bruce and hundreds more should be unemployable by any half competent employer, the principal problem being the incompetence of the employer.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a jump going from managing a wifies team ( and let's not kid anyone.....wifies fitba' is horrendously bad, even at the "top" international level) to taking over the famous. He needs to go get experience ay a decent level before we could even mention him as a possible candidate. At his age.....that might be a bit of a stretch

Cracking guy, really struggled at Stenny. Shouldn't be in the picture.

I agree. Nothing about him suggests bare competence in a managerial position but there won't be a position to fill anyway so it's all academic. Unlike Dick Donald who was always keeping an eye on things and mindful of succession planning, this dwarf chairman doesn't give a fuck.

Lampard and Gerrard had barely any managerial experience, at any level far less a "decent" one and they've both done rather well in their early days.

It's all about the personality and whether they've got the materials to deliver.

Lampard did a year at Derby...….and proved he had a bit of an aptitude for it. Gerrard? I'm led to believe is pretty much the "front face" but the real talent is MacAllister. Given sevco's budgetary advantage over everyone bar Celtic....I'm sure even total cunts like Alex Miller and Dingus could have them horsing dross like Hamilton (and yes us) week in week week out