Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v Hibs

I forgot to mention towards the end of the game on Saturday when the scores were level, that Hibs had just had a chance, but Joe saved us and then McKenna was telling him to hold off playing the ball and just to keep it. Joe told McKenna to get his arse up the field and try and get a winner.

It was in injury time, but I liked that from Joe. Gets a bit of stick for being the Captain, but I thought that spoke volumes about his attitude.

I thought McKenna was asking for it short, but you're likely correct. Joe was immense at the weekend. Easy to say that the boy missed 4 sitters, but Lewis is the best keeper in the league (full stop) at one-on-ones by a mile. Covers every gap and players must hate coming up against him. I don't like him being captain because of his position on the field, but he's a fantastic example. To add, I thought McKenna was good at the weekend too.

I forgot to mention towards the end of the game on Saturday when the scores were level, that Hibs had just had a chance, but Joe saved us and then McKenna was telling him to hold off playing the ball and just to keep it. Joe told McKenna to get his arse up the field and try and get a winner.

It was in injury time, but I liked that from Joe. Gets a bit of stick for being the Captain, but I thought that spoke volumes about his attitude.

I feel this stick is (or should be) aimed more at McInnes for making him the captain. I doubt many (if any) believe that Joe's personality rather than the position he plays in prevents him from being the ideal captain.