Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Huns - Dons

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Got to laugh at these kind of things which always surface when a team is struggling.  Has no one on here ever had a night oot after having a shite day at work???  Are they meant to just lock themselves away until 2.55pm next Saturday?

Got to laugh at these kind of things which always surface when a team is struggling.  Has no one on here ever had a night oot after having a shite day at work???  Are they meant to just lock themselves away until 2.55pm next Saturday?

After that? Yes they fucking are.

Got to laugh at these kind of things...

No surprise that you stick to seeing the club's view and as always, can't bring yourself to make any criticism ever but where's the humour?

Rhetorical question. There isn't any. Obviously. So why did you frame it like that?

If you don't know, let me help you. You kid yourself. You fail to exercise one of the four key tenets of self-discipline, the one about the need to be dedicated to the truth. "Got to laugh" is superiority-posturing when the reality is that you have superiority in nothing. It's sad little men like you that get the club you deserve. Idiot.

I was brave enough to watch the "highlights" this morning and I couldn't believe how bad we were, we were lucky it was only 5 at the end as they totally ripped us apart and could, if not should, have scored a few more.

I am sure someone else posted it on here, but I would have sacked McInnes after that performance.

They would have been brave to venture out in Aberdeen after that horror show.

I'd be more concerned if they weren't going out tbh. At least, despite the shitty performances and shitty tactics.....they appear to have some semblance of squad unity.

I still haven't watched the highlights and doubt I ever will. But the players should be made to watch the full 90 minutes after training every day this week to show them the unacceptability of the perceived lack of effort.

The international break cannot come quickly enough for us. With so many players injured, and with Mcinnes having no seeming idea how to use different tactics, I fear a Hibs side semi resurgent will probably capitalise on our vulnerability...….even though we generally seem to have their number. Hopefully a 2 week break will allow a few of our injured players to get back training and at least be close to a return to the side. Right now I'd have Devlin ranked 4th choice of our centre halves

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

No surprise that you stick to seeing the club's view and as always, can't bring yourself to make any criticism ever but where's the humour?

Rhetorical question. There isn't any. Obviously. So why did you frame it like that?

If you don't know, let me help you. You kid yourself. You fail to exercise one of the four key tenets of self-discipline, the one about the need to be dedicated to the truth. "Got to laugh" is superiority-posturing when the reality is that you have superiority in nothing. It's sad little men like you that get the club you deserve. Idiot.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something    :rofl2:

Don't know what possessed me, but I fired on the Highlights of the game there, just an utter abomination.

From letting their Centre Half's camp inside OUR HALF and pass the ball about for fun, unchallenged, to then letting their wide players take an eternity to pick out a pass.

It actually could have been 8-0 barring Stewart forcing a good save, Devlin clearing off the line and Stewart again, hitting the post.

Not one player seemed to have a clue as to what they were supposed to be doing, seriously. And more depressing really, in that the Hun bastards didn't even leave 2nd Gear. It was a weak, disgraceful and accepting damage limitation before a ball was kicked, performance.

The Home Leg vs Chikura and the opening 20 Minutes against Hearts ( The 3-2 game ) aside, we have been fucking atrocious to watch, we don't seem to have addressed the whole " Look incapable of scoring from open play " side of our game as well.

I am still pretty raging at Saturday, and the previous weeks. No disputing we need bodies back, but that's a poor excuse, we have a decent enough squad and McInnes has said previously that he knows what needs to be done. Fucking prick.  :mad:

Fair play to you KFP, I don't think I can bring myself around to the idea.  I've already put myself through a number of horrific watches this season.  If the huns managed to put five past us, I shudder to think what the dhims will do to us.

I noticed some Tweets on Social media that I wanted to check again from the Highlights, I shouldn't have done it, but I wanted to see. They were all correct though. It was very much a case of damage limitation, there was zero belief that we could go there and gain a point/all three points. The defending though, or lack of defending, despite being extremely compact, was utterly embarrassing, it was like a Junior team going there and getting caught in the headlights.

The fact their CB's were camped in our half passing the ball between them, completely unchallenged, says it all really, and if you look at their 3rd, maybe 4th, goal, you'll see 4 of our players in a square like shape, walking, fucking walking, whilst Stewart has time and space to pick a pass, nobody goes to him, they are literally fucking walking. Infuriating.